Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have you successfully 3 healed 10 man garrosh?

I get 2 healing is way more beneficial and ideal. I already have heard enough about 2 healing and have that setup fine. I'm looking for people who have 3 healed this fight and killed it. it's not impossible I know some people have done it, looking for a few things if you have 3 healed.

What was your dps pulling on average?
    Did you have 3 realm phases or 2?
    Ignore the axes?
    Have a healer kill the engineer?

Again I don't care if you have 2 healed it, I know most have. Looking for people who have 3 healed. Mainly what was your dps pulling and any tips and tricks.
    Looking to have both strats ready. And we would prefer to 3 heal with a disc.

15+ Year Old Account
    300-400k dps
    2 heart phases
    Killed axes
    A dps killed the engineer
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

paragon solo healed 10 hc so meh...

if you are talking about normal, yes we just did yesterday with 3 realm phases, killed twice with 2 heal setup, this time we had 1 main heal+2trials
    overall we had 1474600 raiddps

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    if you are talking about normal, yes we just did yesterday with 3 realm phases, killed twice with 2 heal setup, this time we had 1 main heal+2trials
    overall we had 1474600 raiddps
    Ahh thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. Did you kill axes or ignore p2? also double lust? and that raid dps includes tanks and any heal dps correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Ahh thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. Did you kill axes or ignore p2? also double lust? and that raid dps includes tanks and any heal dps correct?
    double lust, yes tanks and healer(one disc) included
    we constantly killed the weapons in phase 1 and 2

We three healed it by "accident" last night during clear. The healer who usually switches to dps forgot to switch specs. Hunter killed the Engineers, got to p3 right after second heartphase I think. We kill all axes that spawn before phase 3.
    Here's the log if you are interested: WoL

If you are progressing with three healers I'd suggest your disco just goes full retard Ato whenever the raid isn't gonna die because of it. Having the healer kill the engineer doesn't really help as the time spent in phase 1 doesn't take away from your time to nuke the boss down to 10% after the first heal. Same with lust, it's useless to lust in the first phase, just save it for the moment Garrosh starts channeling the heart for the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    double lust, yes tanks and healer(one disc) included
    we constantly killed the weapons in phase 1 and 2
    Even 2 eh. interesting

Deleted
    Our very first kills were 3healed as we just happened to have 3corehealers at the time. One was disco/monk/shaman so the monk and disco did DPS when there wasnt much to heal.

We had issues with 2 healing it during progression, so I can briefly outline our strategy for 3 healing.

The biggest problem we had when we 3 healed was we couldn't make it to transition before the third heart phase, so in order to save dps time I, our BrM tank, kited the little shalings the rest of the fight once they started spawning after hte second heart phase. This meant we never got a third heart phase becuase we didn't waste dps time on the adds. We cycled defensives on the tank on Garrosh once he got to around 7 stacks and they fell off around 12 once whirling corruption started.

We did not double hero because we didn't get a third heart phase, and we did not kill the weapons, we simply had our warlock Havoc Chaos Bolt them to make them smaller. Priority one was getting the boss down ASAP with little to no distractions. In P1 our monk healer went and killed the engineer, and our disc / monk combat healed most of the fight to help with dps. Everyone was doing roughly 250k on our first kill so we got Garrosh to about 40% before the second heart phase each time.

Hope that helps!

-We 3 healed our first kill with a Disc/Monk/Paladin 2 weeks ago.

-We only got 2 heart phases, and it wasn't too close. Was pushing with 20-30 seconds left to go before the 3rd.

-We killed all adds and all weapons in phase 2.

-In phase 3 we ignored adds, and obviously ignored weapons.

-No double hero, we hero'd at the start of phase 3 to get it down faster.

-Disc Priest pretty much smite healed the entire time with DPS meta, cloak, and a dps trinket.

-Solid DPS, but not amazing, seeing as how we extended 2 weeks on garrosh and lost out on 2 lockouts worth of loot, and we had a semi undergeared mage that just came back from a break.

-DPS was 220-250k at the end, with the exception of said mage doing 170k. Tanks were both at 180k.

-Priest ended up doing 90k.

We spent 30-40 wipes 2 healing. We had zero off healing CDs and zero DPS raid CDs besides an aura mastery. I definitely see how 2 healing is far better in a certain group comps, but for our group 3 healed helped us out a ton. It really depends on your group comp and healer comp. Not saying we absolutely could not 2 heal it with our comp, but 3 healing really gave us a lot of room for error.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2013-11-06 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    would prefer to 3 heal with a disc.
    that's exactly what we did and got our first kill last night. disco is mostly atonement healing, so it's more like 2.5 healers, and she also kills engineers.

we did double-heroism when we started learning the fight, but ended up stopping because we'd get to phase 3 with the exhaustion debuff.
    top dps was 250k, lowest was 175k (a tank). raid dps was 1.5M.

we ignored axes only in phase 3 and killed them the rest of the time. i didn't count the realm phases, but i believe it was 2.

we also ignored the adds in phase 3 and offtanked them away from the boss.

we saved our two best healing cooldowns (tranq and HTT) for phase 3, although he ended up dying right when he started his second WW.

3 healing was really smooth, btw. speaking as one of the healers, you will get pretty bored during phase 1, but the empowered WW and intermissions phases are much easier. i don't really know why people like to 2-heal, unless they have trouble pushing phase 3 in time.

Dropping healers makes your raid team better players. Always try to bring as few healers as necessary, don't breed bad habits and lazy plays in your raiders. They can all move out of fire and pop their HSs, and they better learn that quick!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Dropping healers makes your raid team better players. Always try to bring as few healers as necessary, don't breed bad habits and lazy plays in your raiders. They can all move out of fire and pop their HSs, and they better learn that quick!
    Well said, I agree, taking more healers than necessary is just an excuse for your raid to slack at moving out of fire, the whole of Soo is easily doable with 2 skilled healers and 6 DPS who don't stand in shit on the ground

Deleted
    We 3 healed on first kill - first week of SoO. Killed both engineers in phase 1 (DPS done it though), killed all weapons untill after 2nd heart phase. We got a total of 3 heart phases. Heroism/Lust was used on pull and again for phase 3. This is also with no disc or mistweaver in that 3 heal comp, so no healer DPS. Killed adds in P3 I believe in the first two whirls, then ignored and killed boss.

It's definitely doable and for us somehow preffered way on first week. That being said, nowadays we are killing him with 1 tank 2 healers and 1 heart phase. Fun fun.

youtube Fatboss guide 10 man Garrosh. 3 healed you can see their strat and their numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    Well said, I agree, taking more healers than necessary is just an excuse for your raid to slack at moving out of fire, the whole of Soo is easily doable with 2 skilled healers and 6 DPS who don't stand in shit on the ground
    I disagree, going Iron Juggernaut HC, dark shamans HC or Thok HC with 2 healers just makes the fights unneccesary hard, and certainly not easily doable unless you outgear the fights. My rule of thumb is, if more healers dont make the fight harder, always take them, since there is no reason not to and you can save situations that otherwise cause a wipe. If you 1 shot everything you could save ~30 seconds per fight by taking an extra dps in, but why bother, you'll be done with the instance in 2 hours anyway, 5 less minutes make no difference. 1 single wipe because of someone dying (who could have been saved with 3 healers present) makes you waste all that time.

On the subject of Garrosh normal, when we progressed him during the first week of siege we did the fight with 3 healers. Try to switch the boss to phase 3 right before the 3rd intermission, or right before the empowered whirling corruption after the 3rd intermission. We found empowered whirling corruption the most annoying to handle, and taking an extra healer made it easier to handle. And once you can safely handle empowered whirling corruption there is no reason why you cant handle a 2nd or 3rd one. The only thing an extra dps gains you is skipping 1 empowered whirling corruption tbh.
    Last edited by willemh; 2013-11-06 at 01:21 PM.

Thok would like to disagree.... Unless you really overgear it, there's no way you can get +20 stacks on each phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Thok would like to disagree.... Unless you really overgear it, there's no way you can get +20 stacks on each phase.
    we 2 healed it with ilvl 540 healers, Mistweaver and Shaman, we have a few hybrid classes so we have extra healing CD's when needed

we 2 healed it with ilvl 540 healers, Mistweaver and Shaman, we have a few hybrid classes so we have extra healing CD's when needed
    I guess you are talking about flex?