Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    We also killed them all in TBC. The Horde has no old heroes to join their ranks, they have to manufactured fresh.
    as Lumineus said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Name me two current Alliance "heroes" that aren't racial leaders. I swear to God if you say Amber Kearnen and Sully McLeary I will END you.
    oh and Bolvar=Dead, he may be the lich king but he dead.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Well they're 2 completely separate entities so it sort of ruins his overall point, they are nothing to do with the new horde.

My point was more about the last 2 expansions, every horde leader except Gallywix has had big development and got screen time whereas every non-human (including Gilneans) got completely shafted.
    What? The only horde leader in Cata that got any screen time besides garrosh, was sylvanas, who got 2 newbie zones.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    What? The only horde leader in Cata that got any screen time besides garrosh, was sylvanas, who got 2 newbie zones.
    Garrosh - goes without saying
    Sylvanas - 2 zones designed around her claiming northern Lordaeron, appears again in WPL. Lots of screen time
    Baine - Shown to be like his father, caring.
    Lor'themar - Finally got a character and was the driving force behind the horde in 5.2 and had a big role in 5.1
    Thrall - Green Jesus
    Vol'Jin - built up as new warchief of the horde, lots of screentime throughout

Now the Alliance get:
    Varian - character flipped randomly to become blue warchief and counter Garrosh
    Jaina - Character flipped to be the "evil" part of the Alliance
    Anduin - Built as another potential Mary Sue, completely neutral already

The rest of the Alliance? Absolutely nothing except 1 scenario for Moira.

My point is, the vast majority of Alliance characters have had absolutely zero presence in game since they were originally put in, outside the Wrynn's and Jaina.

The post I was responding to was claiming how the Alliance heroes vastly outnumber the horde heroes which is completely irrelevant if you look at what happens in the game

there's no chance in hell they will stay Alliance so I rather not want them (especially Alleria) to even be used in Warcraft anymore.

They're gonna be made neutral and super boring. But ofc not neutral as Thrall-still-horde-but-somewhat-neutral.

When Alliance characters go neutral they stay neutral until they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess he mean Thrall as well.

But come on, two newbie zones? For Alliance players, that care about the lore this was a big slap on our faces.
    She destroyed Southsore the last Lordaeron town that was still in hands of the Alliance and took the entire Hillsbrad Foothills, she won the battle at Andorhal, she left Gilneas in ruins, and made the Gilneans/Worgen to surrender and leave their kingdom...
    Oh yeah, she also have the Val'kyr at her side now.
    That's A LOT of development, even for one racial leader.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if they are eaten by bears, I really don't know enough about Lore:P

That's their secret, WoW player: they're always upset.

We're fine with just Varian, Jaina and Anduin. We don't even have any other ones... Or do we? I don't even know where Mekkatorque nor Greymane are located in-game if they even exist. Feels good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    there's no chance in hell they will stay Alliance so I rather not want them (especially Alleria) to even be used in Warcraft anymore.

They're gonna be made neutral and super boring. But ofc not neutral as Thrall-still-horde-but-somewhat-neutral.

When Alliance characters go neutral they stay neutral until they die.
    Oh my, THIS a million times this.
    Why all the Alliance heroes have to stay neutral THE ENTIRE TIME? It's okay if they are neutral toward the Horde for an expansion, for the greater good and so on.
    But WHY they have to stay that way until they die? This is what pisses my off.
    Thrall was neutral in Cataclysm. But in MOP, we can clearly see that joined the Horde again.

At least we got Dalaran back. But still, Rhonin died...

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    NONE of the bolded would have joined the Current Horde.
    NONE.
    why?
    they were part of the OLD horde, the ORCISH HORDE, the DARK HORDE.
    What's the difference between Garrosh's Horde and the Dark Horde/Old Horde?

Or are you talking Pre/Post-Garrosh Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    We're fine with just Varian, Jaina and Anduin. We don't even have any other ones... Or do we? I don't even know where Mekkatorque nor Greymane are located in-game if they even exist. Feels good.

I really hope Turalyon and Alleria to still be Alliance when they show up...i know the Horde doesn't have so many important and known heroes as the Alliance. I get it. But making Alliance heroes neutral is not the solution.
    I'd love to see Blizzard make some new heroes for the Horde. This is the way to go.

Also, about Greymane. I think he is the oldest living human leader from the old Alliance of Lordaeron. He is a man with a big experience, (he knew Terenas, Lothar and all the other human leaders back then!!)! if Blizz really wants to, they can create some damn awesome development for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see option 1 and option 2 being the most reasonable courses of action.

I seriously think that they could do a time jump to WC2:Beyond the Dark Portal times via Bronze/Infinite Dragonflight, where we have to help the heroes gather the artifacts that Gul'dan used to tear Draenor apart.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I really hope Turalyon and Alleria to still be Alliance when they show up...i know the Horde doesn't have so many important and known heroes as the Alliance. I get it. But making Alliance heroes neutral is not the solution.
    I'd love to see Blizzard make some new heroes for the Horde. This is the way to go.

Also, about Greymane. I think he is the oldest living human leader from the old Alliance of Lordaeron. He is a man with a big experience, (he knew Terenas, Lothar and all the other human leaders back then!!)! if Blizz really wants to, they can create some damn awesome development for him.
    stop being delusional m8. not gonna happen

allerias nickname is fucking orc slayer.

id rather them not show up at all then to be turned neutral.

working with both sides because the world might end is one thing, but they damn well better not like it.

there better be some i dont like you and you dont like me but we got shit to do dialog if horde characters interact with them
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    If one of these happen :

1) Turalyon and Alleria follow the path of Tirion/Rhonin, and become neutral to the Horde, for the greater good.
    2) Turalyon is still Alliance but Alleria finds out about what happened to her kingdom and the Blood Elves, and decides to join Lor'themar.
    3) We find out that one of them is dead, or dies in the process of the expansion.
    4) They don't show up at all, for another expansion.

If you want my personal opinion on this, i'd like both of them to show up and join the Alliance. Damn, they even have their own statues in Stormwind, to me they are two important heroes of the Alliance.
    But i have this feeling...that Alleria will choose to protect her kingdom, Quel'Thalas.
    I guess it'll be a tough decision for her : To stay with her husband and her sister Vereesa , or fight for Quel'Thalas...and join her other sister, Sylvanas.
    1 would be cool.
    2 wouldn't happen unless their story was written by someone who didn't know the characters.
    3 is a definite possibility. After all Blizzard loves off-camera deaths
    4 would make me furious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I believe the response "absolutely" would fit for each. The Alliance needs some heroes to rise and lead and rebuild their lost glory. So far their kingdoms are all in ruin and their one king is a giant tool. These are heroes with history and they are sorely needed in the Alliance. In some ways I see them as saviors of the new alliance in the same way they were sacrificial heroes of the old alliance. If they turn neutral or go horde in any way it'll be a huge loss. To see them pushed to another expansion will be a huge loss. We've been waiting for them since release, and especially since BC.

I figure i can put my two cents in i have both horde and alliance but i would say 60% of my time is on alliance now

1: No
    2: No
    3: Would be mad if they were dead before the xpac but if one dies during and its well done i wont be mad
    4: Mad

1+2+3+4: Don't particularly care about how the lore evolves as long as it is handled properly

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Garrosh - goes without saying
    Sylvanas - 2 zones designed around her claiming northern Lordaeron, appears again in WPL. Lots of screen time
    Baine - Shown to be like his father, caring.
    Lor'themar - Finally got a character and was the driving force behind the horde in 5.2 and had a big role in 5.1
    Thrall - Green Jesus
    Vol'Jin - built up as new warchief of the horde, lots of screentime throughout

Now the Alliance get:
    Varian - character flipped randomly to become blue warchief and counter Garrosh
    Jaina - Character flipped to be the "evil" part of the Alliance
    Anduin - Built as another potential Mary Sue, completely neutral already

The rest of the Alliance? Absolutely nothing except 1 scenario for Moira.

My point is, the vast majority of Alliance characters have had absolutely zero presence in game since they were originally put in, outside the Wrynn's and Jaina.

The post I was responding to was claiming how the Alliance heroes vastly outnumber the horde heroes which is completely irrelevant if you look at what happens in the game
    1. Garrosh-turned out not to be a hero afterall, instead a villain and we killed him.
    2 Sylvanis-got 1 arguable 2 zones that are 10-20, and wpl wasn't designed around her. That's hardly "lots of screen time"
    3 Baine "seems to be caring." That's about all i know about the guy. I know less about him then I do Gallywix.
    4. Lor'themar-got some screen time I agree.(Who I knew even less about then Baine before this expansion)
    5. Thrall - Malfurian
    6. Vol'jin - Got screen time. but his "building up to be warchief" was mostly in the book off game.

So, compare that with your 3(arguable 6 if you include Moira, Malfurian, and Tyrande alliance who got screen time but about the same as gallywix, baine and sylvanis, malfurian got quite a bit in cata though), it's pretty equal.

The alliance heroes do outnumber the Horde. The difference is that horde heroes end up becoming villains we have to kill, and alliance heroes end up neutral, but even neutral they are still alliance heroes.

1. Garrosh-turned out not to be a hero afterall, instead a villain and we killed him.
    2 Sylvanis-got 1 arguable 2 zones that are 10-20, and wpl wasn't designed around her. That's hardly "lots of screen time"
    3 Baine "seems to be caring." That's about all i know about the guy. I know less about him then I do Gallywix.
    4. Lor'themar-got some screen time I agree.(Who I knew even less about then Baine before this expansion)
    5. Thrall - Malfurian
    6. Vol'jin - Got screen time. but his "building up to be warchief" was mostly in the book off game.

So, compare that with your 3(arguable 6 if you include Moira, Malfurian, and Tyrande alliance who got screen time but about the same as gallywix, baine and sylvanis, malfurian got quite a bit in cata though), it's pretty equal.

The alliance heroes do outnumber the Horde. The difference is that horde heroes end up becoming villains we have to kill, and alliance heroes end up neutral, but even neutral they are still alliance heroes.
    Malfurion is neutral again as far as I know.

Also, what do you mean with them being neutral but still alliance heroes? Mention one.

Alliance heroes can't do a Thrall. Only hordies are allowed to be neutral for a time and then go back to be 100 % horde