Logged Off of WOW....It feels good

I joined WOW in the early part of WOTLK. I feel in love with the game and the community/realm that I played on. I got my wife and kids to play as well. It was fun and exciting.

Then as Cata came out things started to go down hill and just got worse every expansion there after. Now after something like 4 or 5 years I have gone and canceled all 3 accounts. I did this 3 weeks ago and can I say I just feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I don't spend time at work any longer looking up stratigies for encounters, or what is a better item upgrade. I am not worrying about weither or not I will get my dailys done today or what rep I need to work on so I can just get that one more piesce of gear (that will be worthless shortly), or that pattern. I now don't feel the need to have to check this website or any other for the latest news.

It just feels good. I still enjoy video games have turned to LOL (League of Legends), and Civ V to allow me the ability to just relax and unwind. It truly is amazing the diffrence it makes. I did not realize what WOW did to me. I know that it is not this way for everyone I am just sharring.

Good for you, man. That's all I can really say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I just quit progression raiding and paying for my account this weekend; felt really good.

Friend might pay for my sub, but I only plan to do some weekly stuff and maybe OpenRaid; don't have to worry about a schedule and loving it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be very proud of yourself.

Wrath babby.....

Joke joke, good for you, it's tough to break out of WoW sometimes, and it does feel like less and less players (including myself) have time for progression raiding and schedules these days, maybe we're all growing up.

Personally I only play for flex/pet battles/alts/lore now

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW didn't do that to you, you did that to you from lack of control, I have played this game almost constantly since early TBC, With only taking a few weeks out, And not once have I ever been at the point where I would worry about something, Tacts/gear or if I couldn't get a daily done, I think if anyone gets to that point they need to quit, I also don't believe "I quit" threads are allowed.

But hey, At least you made what looks to be a very good choice for yourself, and those around you, Just make sure you don't get dragged under again, You're still in the easy period:P

Wrath baby didn't like the start of Cataclysm and has turned back to crap like LoL (literally the most unbalanced game invented)

Blog somewhere else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morkstall View Post
    I joined WOW in the early part of WOTLK. I feel in love with the game and the community/realm that I played on. I got my wife and kids to play as well. It was fun and exciting.

Then as Cata came out things started to go down hill and just got worse every expansion there after. Now after something like 4 or 5 years I have gone and canceled all 3 accounts. I did this 3 weeks ago and can I say I just feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I don't spend time at work any longer looking up stratigies for encounters, or what is a better item upgrade. I am not worrying about weither or not I will get my dailys done today or what rep I need to work on so I can just get that one more piesce of gear (that will be worthless shortly), or that pattern. I now don't feel the need to have to check this website or any other for the latest news.

It just feels good. I still enjoy video games have turned to LOL (League of Legends), and Civ V to allow me the ability to just relax and unwind. It truly is amazing the diffrence it makes. I did not realize what WOW did to me. I know that it is not this way for everyone I am just sharring.
    Just did this myself. But didn't have 3 accounts lol. Also went to LoL. SUCH a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Just did this myself. But didn't have 3 accounts lol. Also went to LoL. SUCH a relief.
    You too should try a balanced MOBA like HoN or even DoTA. Te devs for LoL are worse than the PvP devs at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I quit" threads aren't very good for any sort of constructive discussion so they are not allowed. Closing this one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."