Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    BUMP BUMP BUMP time.

It is time, fellow mages. There are now 2 months to go before Warlords of Draenor. That means that we're looking for people who will hold spec guides for our forum here.

I kind of promised Cycobi that he can write the Arcane guide, but now I'm in full WoW mode so I want it back for myself

Kuni has agreed to continue his guide writing for Frost so this can also be a reminder for him, even though he's fully aware of anything that happens anywhere.

We are still looking for someone who will most definitely be the person who writes a Fire guide.
    _____

Now, with a decent chunk of the mage community connected through this forum, altered-time and the IRC channel, I believe we are able to pen some very nice guides.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Um, excuse me, reporting this for a mega-necro. Shang, c'mon, what're you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I kind of promised Cycobi that he can write the Arcane guide, but now I'm in full WoW mode so I want it back for myself
    ^ This fucking guy!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Um, excuse me, reporting this for a mega-necro. Shang, c'mon, what're you doing?

^ This fucking guy!
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing, Pew.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    even though he's fully aware of anything that happens anywhere.
    Pretty much.

Obviously still waiting on some more solid tuning to come down the pipe before I start though.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-09-03 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

^ This fucking guy!
    Necros are allowed if the thread is still relevant :P also, I've already talked to Cyc and Voltaa today and we'll probably draft something together based on everyone's experiences and expertise. Should be cool.

Necros are allowed if the thread is still relevant :P also, I've already talked to Cyc and Voltaa today and we'll probably draft something together based on everyone's experiences and expertise. Should be cool.
    Still ^ this fucking guy though because of what you said: "Oh I'm back so, y'know, it's mine, haha suck it, Cycobi!*"

So I'm guessing this means Akraen will team up with Kuni, and we'll leave LocNess up to the Fire guide if no one steps up? (Maybe Komma?) I'd offer to help out, but I doubt my "help" would be of any help.

* obviously exaggerated, but, y'know.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So who the eff is gonna do the Fire guide?

We have Voltaa/Cycobi on the Arcane guide, so that's good. Kuni doing the Frost guide again is excellent. I'm afraid the Fire guide will be paltry compared to the other two, simply because there is not a lot to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    So who the eff is gonna do the Fire guide?
    LocNess? Komma? *Shrug* I mean they both talk about Fire aplenty.
    I let LocNess know since that cat/Mew thing is busy atm or somethin', idk. Apparently he thought Komma was gonna do it but he (Komma) hasn't responded yet, so... Yeah...

Maybe they'll collab like our trio of Arcane people (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    We have Voltaa/Cycobi/CoolGuyShangalar on the Arcane guide, so that's good.
    Fix't that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I managed to avoid all beta invites because I am that skilled, I would rather avoid being a priority for the Fire Guide due to my lack of current experience. If I can get in touch to talk with a Beta Fire Mage and go over the details and what I should look for going into WoD then I would love to write it and be on top of it, however give me a couple weeks to confirm my schedule going into Oct/Nov so I know I don't have any trips that may delay it. Otherwise I volunteer as tribute if that checks out.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    We're looking for someome who would, in a decently written and organized way, summarize fire's gameplay, talent choices, how they affect gameplay, glyphs and stats/gearing. It doesn't have to be something out of this world innovative. Though it is just possible to harvest a good guide from somewhere else with the author's permission and hope that there will be enough Fire players to assist less experienced people who ask for help.

Compared to two years ago when there was loads of fire talk, this time around it almost feels like the fire discussions are a thing of formality, or used only for comparing with arcane and frost.

@MewThing: Shack up with Komma for a few weeks and hopefully a guidebaby will be born from it

Compared to two years ago when there was loads of fire talk, this time around it almost feels like the fire discussions are a thing of formality, or used only for comparing with arcane and frost.
    And for good reason, because of how little it has changed.

Arcane in LK: "Burn" only. Just spam ABl.
    Arcane in Cata: Burn - Conserve - Burn - Conserve - Burn - Conserve
    Arcane in MoP: "Conserve" only. Oh and stand in a circle.

Frost in LK: Spam procs, and have fun with DEM DEEP CRITS (oh and being not competitive)
    Frost in Cata: I... don't really remember Frost in Cata. I remember it wasn't competitive though.
    Frost in MoP: Still spam procs, but now you also have a bomb, perma pet, Frozen Orb, and no more deep :

Fire in *BC*: Fireball and... Pyroblast??? Keep Scorch debuff up.
    Fire in LK: Fireball => Pyroblast. Keep LB and Scorch debuff up.
    Fire in Cata: Fireball => Pyroblast. Keep LB up. Combust when you can.
    Fire in MoP: Fireball-IB => Pyroblast. Keep LB up. Combust when you can.

I mean these are very bare bones breakdowns of the specs, but Fire hasn't really changed. Combustion got changed in Cataclysm (basically the ONLY change), and we got IB in MoP. One change per expansion isn't really helpful, and it's not really changing at all in 4 expansions. It's an extremely outdated spec overall.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-03 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @MewThing: Shack up with Komma for a few weeks and hopefully a guidebaby will be born from it
    I am okay with MewThing.

Your point is accurate. Fire has been pretty much the same spec since WotLK with just a couple new bells and whistles. Interest in Fire Guides is going to lack when people know how to play it to a T.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am okay with MewThing.
    Good, because it's an adorable name

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Your point is accurate. Fire has been pretty much the same spec since WotLK with just a couple new bells and whistles. Interest in Fire Guides is going to lack when people know how to play it to a T.
    LK was actually the biggest Fire changes to date. Hot Streak added Pyroblast procs and Living Bomb was added, having us do more than "Scorch x5 ==> Fireball, Scorch every ~28ish seconds*.