Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Why are you so upset? Also it's like 500,000 parses of data...
    I'm not upset. I retract the bit about the tiny amount of parses, not that it changes anything, your graphs are still rubbish.

Warlocks are a very strong class atm, everyone knows that, your graphs are really pointless and hard to read. Anyone with a brain can see that whatever is the best spec ( even if by a small margin) will have a 60% ish 'presence' in the top logs. Its not like warlocks are sooo far ahead of other dps that 1 warlock is better than 3 other classes dmg + utility put together.... warlocks are in a good place and it took you these fancy graphs to notice that.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm not upset. I retract the bit about the tiny amount of parses, not that it changes anything, your graphs are still rubbish.
    Yup they are difficult to understand and basically amount to nothing but "the specs that do highest dps are doing the highest dps". How is that meaningful or shocking?

I completely agree that warlocks are brokenly overpowered in some regards (affliction multidot and destro AoE mainly) but these graphs really don't tell us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    the data is complete bullshit. if warlocks did 0.1% higher dps than everyone else they'd still have the exclusive top spot. your work is completely useless.
    Exactly my thought. With enough logs, once you get to infinite, warlocks would be all 1000 of the top 1000 dps, even if they only did 1 dps more than every other class. This is a completely useless way to look things. A much better method would be averaging the top 100 or 1000 of each class, and then looking at the difference, which still isn't that great of a method, because there is a very limited amount of data because of the many factors, including gear, skill, # of people playing the spec, etc.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-11-06 at 03:39 AM.

As a warlock I can easily pad the meters during trash. I do like 4x more dps on aoe groups.

I may be the top dps but I'm definitely not THAT far ahead on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    A much better method would be averaging the top 100 or 1000 of each class, and then looking at the difference.
    That is literally exactly what the ranged dps image is. While the presence image is just taking all the top players.

I just posted this because I found it interesting and I had the numbers so I ran them. It's the highest top dps presence one class has had in recent expansions. From last tier to this it has almost doubled for Warlocks. Yes Warlocks are gods right now, but some people like myself love to see the numbers behind things.
    Jase (Mistweaver Monk) - twitch.tv/xioose - Youtube Page
    Fallen - http://www.fallen-gaming.net

http://www.proraiders.com - Top PvE Raid Streams, Spec Specific Player Ranks, Find PvE Recruits, See how you or others compare with Player Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    That is literally exactly what the ranged dps image is. While the presence image is just taking all the top players.

I just posted this because I found it interesting and I had the numbers so I ran them. It's the highest top dps presence one class has had in recent expansions. From last tier to this it has almost doubled for Warlocks. Yes Warlocks are gods right now, but some people like myself love to see the numbers behind things.
    Your numbers showed one of the best states of pve balance I can recall seeing. What was the goal of this thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Your numbers showed one of the best states of pve balance I can recall seeing. What was the goal of this thread then?
    To promote the OPs website.

The actual "results" are rubbish and the method doesn't hold up to even basic scrutiny let alone the high level of investigation needed to valid it.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    To promote the OPs website.

The actual "results" are rubbish and the method doesn't hold up to even basic scrutiny let alone the high level of investigation needed to valid it.
    proraiders is already fairly well known by anyone that gives a shit about WoL rankings (which is the demographic of people interested in proraiders).

Warlocks are OP, I never truely knew how OP they were until I started gearing my alt Warlock.

Warlocks are capable of padding really well... more news at 11?

Just because they rank well, doesn't mean other classes aren't bringing equal/better damage for actually killing the boss. Warlocks are in a good place to be sure, but ranking has very little to do with effective damage.

I doubt having a 6/17 warlocks in your group would work, dat loot competition.

Regardless of the usefulness of the graphs the hostility in here is absolutely. Everyone semi decent knew warlocks were great for progression. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I doubt having a 6/17 warlocks in your group would work, dat loot competition.
    Not to mention most 25m have a few paladins and priests. Tokens would be a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you know... you could raidbots.com, since it's infinitely more accurate.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    proraiders is already fairly well known by anyone that gives a shit about WoL rankings (which is the demographic of people interested in proraiders).

Warlocks are OP, I never truely knew how OP they were until I started gearing my alt Warlock.
    Im sure your lock that's done a grand total of 3 bosses on flex once (and has the heirloom staff from garrosh) has given you all the insight regarding their OPness.

Warlocks are a very strong class atm, and to be honest I think the reason the DPS comparison (only thing that's even remotely useful, seeing as the 'presence' graph is retarded) is in favor of warlocks is because they/we lack any real weaknesses. There are no real fights where we're bad, so our overall dps will be pretty solid. Also, as others have mentioned - padding/aoeing, but it's not like other classes cant do that, hence Spriests being that far up in the first place!

Im confused regarding what the OP is actually comparing, is it 10m, 25m, normal, hc? 500'000 logs are too many to be heroic parses, and normal parses are actually extremely biased towards heavy burst classes (boomkins, affl, spriest with 3 orbs etc).

Also, lets not forget that this is the most balanced the game has ever been regarding dps. And even looking at world's top simmed dps youll see alot of different DPS classes
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2013-11-06 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Just, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have used more similar colors.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Why are there gaps in the graphs?

With the amount of RNG when it comes to DPS, the top 100 is pretty meaningless. It just shows "who can go highest when the stars align", and not really a good indicator of "who can do the most damage every single time, on average".