Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I'm not sure, but if you look in-game like you claimed you'd see the achievements.
    Kinda hard to look in game when servers were down all day. When I did log in, server crashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already posted a screenshot in the other Rift 2.5 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Kinda hard to look in game when servers were down all day. When I did log in, server crashed.
    I'm just quoting what you said...

Actually Slipmat, I looked over the patch notes again and it really does look like RoS the raid, not the chronicle.

After HK they put Chronicle.
    After GSB they put Chronicle.
    After DH they put nothing.
    After RoS they put nothing.

What does that tell you? Well, it tells me, someone who is not on the PTS and does not keep up with every tiny bit of info they put out, just patch notes and what I see in-game, that it's a raid. If it is not, then they really need to be more clear in the patch notes.

Am i reading this right?

T-tempest buffs?

can it be?...

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Have Blizzard revamp some Vanilla raids exactly as they are and have them drop some pre current tier shit and watch how many people run it. It was a request the community made and they obliged us. Some of us LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Hammerknell with a passion and giving us a reason to go back is severely appreciated.

Also guilds normally get pissy if you burn a cooldown for a current tier content with a pug raid. No guild lead would care if you did something like this.
    So Hammerknell drops level 60 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I already posted a screenshot in the other Rift 2.5 Thread

and I never open screenshots as I normally browse forums at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I'm just quoting what you said...
    because 9 times out of 10, that is where I get my info, not this time obviously.

You know what though, you guys are right. The patch notes ARE in fact perfectly clear and every player of Rift should be expected to read multiple third party sites or spend most of their limited play time looking at things on the PTS or pouring over Achievement panels looking for differences. Especially players who could really care less about achievements at all. They should be expected to read all of Slipmats post and open all links in threads on a third party sites forums. Even if the patch notes are a little confusing, and someone points it out, we should White Knight the hell out of the game instead of just saying, "Well, the patch notes are a little misleading, but here is where I got the real info from.

Die in a fire.

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge

A little disappointed so much reused content is coming so soon, even WoW waited 3 expansions before they did the ZA/ZG remake

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    So Hammerknell drops level 60 gear?
    I do not believe so. Only thing that is updated is Drowned Halls, but I personally would not argue with Hammerknell being updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I do not believe so. Only thing that is updated is Drowned Halls, but I personally would not argue with Hammerknell being updated.
    Ok let me rephrase. Do any of the raids, raised to 60, drop level 60 gear? I guess

Ok let me rephrase. Do any of the raids, raised to 60, drop level 60 gear? I guess
    There is only one raid raised to level 60. The rest are just chronicles. Yes, Drowned Halls will drop level Level 60 T1 Raid gear. The chronicles will drop Level 60 World/Dungeon gear.

There is only one raid raised to level 60. The rest are just chronicles. Yes, Drowned Halls will drop level Level 60 T1 Raid gear. The chronicles will drop Level 60 World/Dungeon gear.
    Ok that's good to hear. I pretty much got 60 and stopped. So I guess this would give me some sort of chance to catch up.

Ok that's good to hear. I pretty much got 60 and stopped. So I guess this would give me some sort of chance to catch up.
    If you are 60, you are not really far behind anyway. Experts get you ready for T1 and DH is just in addition to the other current T1 raids. TDQ, FT and EE are all T1 as well, so if you can run DH you can run them too. It gives more variety, and I guess if you are in a guild that raids 3-4 nights a week it gives you 4 more chances at loot a week. So maybe a little faster. You just cannot look at yourself as behind, because you really are not. Join a guild that is just getting into T1 Progression, there are plenty, and you are right on track. If you are NA, my guild is one of those, let me know.

If you are 60, you are not really far behind anyway. Experts get you ready for T1 and DH is just in addition to the other current T1 raids. TDQ, FT and EE are all T1 as well, so if you can run DH you can run them too. It gives more variety, and I guess if you are in a guild that raids 3-4 nights a week it gives you 4 more chances at loot a week. So maybe a little faster. You just cannot look at yourself as behind, because you really are not. Join a guild that is just getting into T1 Progression, there are plenty, and you are right on track. If you are NA, my guild is one of those, let me know.
    That's good to hear, but I can't do any serious rift raiding until this tier of content is on 1-2 night farm in WoW. But I'll look into it though. Playing a primary chloromancer with pyro and ele off specs.

Also, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations yet. What are the 20 man raids, and the 10 man raids? And do people pug them at all? I apparently have two pieces I need to get to 53 hit (helm and off hand), yet I'm sitting over 400 hit now. And what other stuff is needed to be "raid ready"?

That's good to hear, but I can't do any serious rift raiding until this tier of content is on 1-2 night farm in WoW. But I'll look into it though. Playing a primary chloromancer with pyro and ele off specs.

Also, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations yet. What are the 20 man raids, and the 10 man raids? And do people pug them at all? I apparently have two pieces I need to get to 53 hit (helm and off hand), yet I'm sitting over 400 hit now. And what other stuff is needed to be "raid ready"?

T1 10m
    TDQ = Triumph of the Dragon Queen
    DH = Drowned Halls (coming soon)

T1 20m
    FT = Frozen Tempest
    EE = Endless Eclipse

T2 10m
    GA = Grim Awakening

T2 20m
    IG = Infinity Gate
    PB = Planebreaker Bastion

There are PuGs, yes, However, it's the same catch 22 you see in WoW a lot. Link achievement and gear checks for invite. Sometimes you'll see Progression PuGs forming, but not too often. Your best bet is really to get into a guild.

If you are over 400 Hit, you are raid ready. As a healer, it's a little more difficult to gauge, but as a DPS you should be able to pull 10k minimum.

Deleted
    any one got any numbers on the performance here?, some personal benchmarks will be awesome in for example says 5 mans, 10 mans, and put down system specs, i want to see some cold hard numbers here, what are the min fps and how often does the FPS dip as well.

20 mans will always have performance hits, but interested in the min fps thats obtained.

couldnt give a rats arse about the content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    any one got any numbers on the performance here?, some personal benchmarks will be awesome in for example says 5 mans, 10 mans, and put down system specs, i want to see some cold hard numbers here, what are the min fps and how often does the FPS dip as well.

20 mans will always have performance hits, but interested in the min fps thats obtained.

couldnt give a rats arse about the content

There have been no performance updates - sadly - FPS is still highly erratic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    There have been no performance updates - sadly - FPS is still highly erratic.
    I've resorted to completely turning off shadows, which really improved my FPS. I'm getting a pretty much stabile 50 in 5-man dungeons and 30-35 in Sanctum now. No other video details have been decreased or turned off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I've resorted to completely turning off shadows, which really improved my FPS. I'm getting a pretty much stabile 50 in 5-man dungeons and 30-35 in Sanctum now. No other video details have been decreased or turned off.
    50 fps in 5 mans isnt good enough with a system like i have and even thewocky as well, its pathetic, i dont even drop below 60 fps in 8 man dungeons in FF14 at pretty much the highest settings, and that game has better fidelity then this.

i care for performance more then fidelity then aesthetics but thats a comparison, even settings turned down doesnt change FPS from the higher settings to the lower ones.

to have performance like this is simply embarrassing yet they cant admit it and come out and say, you know what guys, our game runs shit on any system, will give them actual respect if they did that

Deleted
    How's the new conquest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How's the new conquest?
    The new Conquest set in Steppes of Infinity is not 'live' yet, has undergone a lot of tweaks and changes on the PTS. I'm guessing they'll probably hold one last PTS test before it goes on release, probably