Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Names for Mo'arg and Ethereal

Mo'arg = Notagoblin
    Ethereal = Mummy

Already reserved!

Just so you know; that picture was a painfully obvious fake and neither of those races are becoming real playable races.

I believe in Mo'args.

Sweet names. Mo'arg would be the dumbest player race ever. No lore. No back story. No connection at all to the Horde. They are demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I believe in Mo'args.
    I want to belieeeeeeve

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in Ogres instead.

No-one wants to do nothing with demons.

Other than Warlocks. :P
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2013-11-06 at 03:11 AM.
    For the Horde!

Mo'args will never be playable. Ethereal, possibly. I don't really like them though. I do have a bunch of Naga names reserved. I'll use them, someday....

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Sweet names. Mo'arg would be the dumbest player race ever. No lore. No back story. No connection at all to the Horde. They are demons.
    Actually Mo'arg would work quite well in the Horde, and they do have a fair amount of lore already.

Mo'arg were originally a semi-advanced race of Humanoids, enslaved by the Burning Legion long ago. I believe it's been mentioned that Xoroth was once their homeworld before it was conquered. It's certainly possible a group could break away and look for sanctuary somewhere, and where better than on one of the only worlds to successfully stand against the legion.

The Horde, being a collection of downtrodden outcasts themselves, could provide shelter for them.

And I'll point out that the Felguards are also Mo'arg, so it's not like they don't have diversity. They aren't just those cyborg-demon engineer things, they're an entire race.

10+ Year Old Account
    TrollOne

and

TrollTwo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Actually Mo'arg would work quite well in the Horde, and they do have a fair amount of lore already.

Mo'arg were originally a semi-advanced race of Humanoids, enslaved by the Burning Legion long ago. I believe it's been mentioned that Xoroth was once their homeworld before it was conquered. It's certainly possible a group could break away and look for sanctuary somewhere, and where better than on one of the only worlds to successfully stand against the legion.

The Horde, being a collection of downtrodden outcasts themselves, could provide shelter for them.

And I'll point out that the Felguards are also Mo'arg, so it's not like they don't have diversity. They aren't just those cyborg-demon engineer thiings, they're an entire race.
    Oh god, reading that gave me flashbacks when we got the whole lore reveal for the Draenei. That horrible sense of dread from the terrible retcon is something I try to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Oh god, reading that gave me flashbacks when we got the whole lore reveal for the Draenei. That horrible sense of dread from the terrible retcon is something I try to forget.
    No retcons here. This is all long established lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I love comments like this. Saying that the Draenei are a retcon is like saying the New Testament is a retcon to the Torah. Just because a more updated version of history is found doesn't make it a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

And I'll point out that the Felguards are also Mo'arg, so it's not like they don't have diversity. They aren't just those cyborg-demon engineer things, they're an entire race.
    It should also be mentioned that if you were to go back in time and beat the legion on Draenor before they enslave the orcs, you would not only screw up Azerothian history, but A. You would weaken the legion substantially, giving them a reason to want to help fix history, and the mechanically ingenious Mo'Arg would be the perfect ones for the job.

Let us not also forget that Dimensius the All Devouring is cornered and curb stomped at one of the Mana Forges by the consortium. Another event that would never come to pass.

The Ethereals and the Legion have very big stakes in preserving Draenors history and so do we.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should also be mentioned that if you were to go back in time and beat the legion on Draenor before they enslave the orcs, you would not only screw up Azerothian history, but A. You would weaken the legion substantially, giving them a reason to want to help fix history, and the mechanically ingenious Mo'Arg would be the perfect ones for the job.

Let us not also forget that Dimensius the All Devouring is cornered and curb stomped at one of the Mana Forges by the consortium. Another event that would never come to pass.

The Ethereals and the Legion have very big stakes in preserving Draenors history and so do we.
    I would more say that the Orcs have the largest stake in it in terms of Azerothian races. The entire Alliance Expedition, League of Arathor, and Alliance of Lordaeron would still exist. The Forsaken would never have existed, and they wouldn't be damned to a life of undeath. Arthas would have never been corrupted and would be the King of Lordaeron. Varian wouldn't have ever lost his father to Gorona. Imo the Alliance and certain Horde factions, Forsaken and Blood Elves in particular, would much rather defeat the Legion on Draenor before any thing on Azeroth was screwed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    So.... Draenei?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love demons in WoW but I do not want Mo'arg as the playable race, I'd MUCH rather have Ogres.

Ethereal look cool as NPCs but if they were playable they would all look alike, and they don't have as much to do with Draenor as other races like Arakkoa, Sporelings or even High Elves (Alleria). So I don't expect them.

But to stay on topic, I'll throw out a couple of names from the top of my head:

Mo'arg: Igor
    Ethereal: Imohtep
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-11-06 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I would more say that the Orcs have the largest stake in it in terms of Azerothian races. The entire Alliance Expedition, League of Arathor, and Alliance of Lordaeron would still exist. The Forsaken would never have existed, and they wouldn't be damned to a life of undeath. Arthas would have never been corrupted and would be the King of Lordaeron. Varian wouldn't have ever lost his father to Gorona. Imo the Alliance and certain Horde factions, Forsaken and Blood Elves in particular, would much rather defeat the Legion on Draenor before any thing on Azeroth was screwed up...
    Why does everybody talk about Pre-corrupted Arthas like that?

Have you played Warcraft 3? He was a douchebag, and then he was corrupted by the scourge. But all they did was accelerate the darkness that was already in his heart. He would have been a tyrant either way.

EDIT: IF for no other reason, CoS was made into a dungeon to remind people "Arthas was never a nice guy."

I feel the need to point out that the "mo'arg" in that fake screenshot floating around is in fact a gan'arg. They're like a stunted sub-species, but not really mo'arg. Mo'arg are the hulking giants with welding masks screwed to their heads and cybernetics replacing one of their arms. Or alternatively, the felguards, who are like the high-school dropouts of the mo'arg.

That said, for a gan'arg I'll have to agree with Agoonga and say 'Igor'. For Ethereals, I'd name mine 'Yummymummy'. Then I'd roll a Warlock and beg to be able to rename my Voidwalker 'Booberry'. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everybody talk about Pre-corrupted Arthas like that?

Have you played Warcraft 3? He was a douchebag, and then he was corrupted by the scourge. But all they did was accelerate the darkness that was already in his heart. He would have been a tyrant either way.

EDIT: IF for no other reason, CoS was made into a dungeon to remind people "Arthas was never a nice guy."
    Because it was the outside hardships that brought this darkness out of him. If his kingdom had never come under fire his life most likely would have gone completely differently. Until he took Frostmourn and murdered his father he truly thought he was trying to save his people. I wholly believe that if the plague had never been deployed against Lordaeran that Terenas would have shaped Arthas into a very wise and noble king.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I love comments like this. Saying that the Draenei are a retcon is like saying the New Testament is a retcon to the Torah. Just because a more updated version of history is found doesn't make it a retcon.
    When the head of lore development comes out and calls it a retcon in an apology longer than most front page news posts, it's a retcon.

http://wowpedia.org/Metzen_on_lore