10+ Year Old Account

Burden of Eternity + BoA = Bad?

If Burdens of Eternity were BoA, would that result in a bad thing? I can't see why they are Soulbound, take my situation for example, I have 2 of them on my main (and I have no use at all for them on my Death Knight) and want some on my Rogue and/or Hunter - what's stopping Blizzard from turning around and saying "You know what? The Burdens are now BoA, go crazy"?

And befor people say "Why not just farm them instead of making this stupid crap?", I have been, but just been unlucky for my Rogue and Hunter in getting them
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Then some people will feel the need to collect them on all of their alts and send them to their main for his gear? Which means that their alts don't get any burdens at all. And then they'll start complaining that the game is alt-unfriendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since one of the chest is 100% drop the first time you open it, some people might feel the need to do it on all their toons.. .... I dunno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    And then they'll start complaining that the game is alt-unfriendly.
    That's what is happening either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Then some people will feel the need to collect them on all of their alts and send them to their main for his gear? Which means that their alts don't get any burdens at all. And then they'll start complaining that the game is alt-unfriendly.
    Conversely, and I see it playing out more-so this way, opening up Burdens to being BoA enables more of that stated philosophy of Blizzard not wanting one to "feel like one has to play character A over character B." My main has been extremely lucky regarding Burdens, so much so that his entire actual armor-set is Timeless and upgraded to 543 or whatever the 2 of 2 point is. I have somewhere over 258k Timeless Coins, and only the rep left to get from Shaohao for that dragon (100k needed to buy it). One that's done, I'd have (at this moment) 158k PLUS in coin sitting there, rotting. If I had the option of buying Burdens to send to alts, it'd feel a lot better IMO.

#FlightIsImportant

It's the slippery slope of just making everything in the game BOA, negating the whole concept of an alt being a different character with its own accomplishments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    That's what is happening either way.
    I see it mostly because of that fri**in legendary cloack.. you cant compete if you dont have it, so if you reroll this late in the expact... I would love to play my freshly ding mage.. but doing all this crap again to actually be in our top 5 dps chart wont do it.. I dont say the legendary questline is a bad thing, but it really does make it alt unfriendly if you want to switch main :/

With the timeless isle, its really easy to get gear fast and be able to jump in SoO lfr, even flex, Im glad they made it

From the start I figured there should be two different kinds, the guaranteed ones (only 2) are BoP based on that particular character's progression, and the random drop ones or bought ones (Kukuru and/or 50k timeless coins and/or rare drops) should be BoA. I figure this would solve the need for sending massive numbers of alts to timeless for their guaranteed 2 just to send to your main, but also allow you to play your main in order to gear your alts when the time came.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see it being BoA, but they would have to remove the 2 guaranteed burdens, raise the cost to by one from 50K to 100K, and then make their drop rates even less.

My DK will ding and 30 seconds later, will be ilevel 500. That's stupid.