Poll: If you had to choose...

New Races Or Updated Existing Models?

Just curious. What should we expect, and what would you prefer at this point in time? What are the chances we'd get both in the expansion?

If they're not even done updating the existing models, it seems a little silly to work on new races (that would be expected to be on par with Panda models). And if they've taken the time to update existing models, would they have had time to make new races?

Basically, if you had to choose, would you want them to add new races in the expansion, or to update the existing models?

We should expect new models.

We should hope we get them at launch. Or maybe in the pre-launch patch.

But that doesn't mean a new race is impossible. I just wouldn't hope for it, much less expect it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated player models with 4th spec over new race and class for me.

Personally, I'd want an update on the existing models. Sometimes the male human face textures catch my eye and I feel like I am back in 2004. Also, if the next expansion is confirmed to be about Draenor and the Burning Legion, I don't think we need any new races. The current playable races have enough reason to hate the Legion without feeling the need to throw some new races in to the mix, so new playable races aren't really needed to tie in with the Burning Legion.

This is all a personal choice though and what Blizzard will actually do is entirely guesswork. I hope for old model/texture updates, but we'll see.

If theres ever a time to introduce Ethereal or Arrakoa this would be the only way how.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New models first then they can add new races that don't put the old player models to shame anymore.
    Butts.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, lopsided victory for models, at least so far.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2013-11-06 at 08:19 PM.

Want both but new race is much more important. I'd rather have 1 new race than 10 updated models.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Want both but new race is much more important. I'd rather have 1 new race than 10 updated models.
    I'd honestly prefer to have new models. It would almost feel like 10 new races instead of 1 or 2. Plus, none of the proposed possibilities for new races interest me. Not that my opinion matters against the masses, but I'd much rather see updated models.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just find substance is worth more to me than polish

so i voted for a new race.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Updated models. Desperately.

Think of it: will be like a decade before they think of a new update on that (taking that wow lives that long)
    Plenty of time for a million more xpacs with loads of new races.

Plus, if Blizzard is intelligent, they will make this model update with better ways to keep updating them in the future.

Is like, the old models are a computer with no extra memory slot. New models gotta be like a computer with at least 5 extra memory slots.

For me, variance>polish. We already know updated models are coming anyway. So gimme new races too. :3

We were already promised new models. I want to see something new while we wait.
    New races.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Is like, the old models are a computer with no extra memory slot. New models gotta be like a computer with at least 5 extra memory slots.
    that just reminds me of how all my old ninendo consoles had all these mysterious expansion slots that never got used before they were just replaced with newer consoles.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    that just reminds me of how all my old ninendo consoles had all these mysterious expansion slots that never got used before they were just replaced with newer consoles.
    That's where the game goes, silly. No wonder you were so bored with your console.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them create a new race, new lore and starting area add decent gameplay for alts, while updated models add no gameplay. They have mentioned that it is easier to make one from scratch than redo ones that have such a long connection to the players. So it wouldn't be unlikely for them to add one or two races, then patch in the updated models along the way.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with new races is that they have an entire expansion focussed on them but are left in the dirt from there on. Worgen and Draenei have had nothing to do, no updates to them since their introductions. Blood Elfs got a bit of light in MOP and goblins are easy to tie into a story. Focus should be on updating existing race models but also focussing on current races and how they can improve current race activity within the game.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    New models. Also would be nice to have racials that give advantage reworked with those models, so I could play race that looks the best

Deleted
    Even if they don't add a new race (but a new class like in WotLK), I would like to see a revamp or update of the old vanilla models at least, but if they update or upgrade Draenei and Worgen too I will not mind either (like if they add a skinnier version for the male Draenei to choose between the bulky one one-size-fits-all for example).