Deleted

The whole Illidan thing, warlock quest hints at his return?

Now i've always loved the idea of Illidan coming back, and all these speculation threads are getting me hopeful however, one I thing I havent seen mentioned much, is the hint from the warlock green fire questline, suggesting that illidan might not actually be dead, the follow is dialog from that part of the quest:

Ruins of Farahlon Memory

Jubeka Shadowbreak: Such strange creatures. Why do they remain so long after the legion has left?

Kanrethad Ebonlocke: … there’s a slight flaw in that supposition.

Jubeka Shadowbreak: Oh?

Kanrethad Ebonlocke: The Observers were in the service of Illidan … not the legion.

Jubeka Shadowbreak: Well, he’s gone too … so why are they still around?

Kanrethad Ebonlocke: How should I know?

Thoughts? is there someone else controlling these demons? is Illidan licking his wounds? I want him back, even if we don't get demon hunters but eh, fire away

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a currently active thread about Illidan, you know.

Deleted
    about the statue, and various other threads concerining the topic, none mentioning this however so I wanted to bring it to peoples attention and hear other peoples thoughs

I think the discussion is flawed from the outset. The Legion had a much stronger presence in Outland than they had in any other location we have ever been to. It makes perfect sense that they would still be there after so long. They might be holding out for reinforcements, and being able to hold that ground for so long might improve their standing within the Legion.

And as for those once loyal to Illidan... Where would they go? Back to the Legion? And get slaughtered for betraying their masters?

This certainly leans towards evidence that Illidan is still alive. It could mean other things of course, but why else would Blizzard include this dialogue. I think it is hinting towards his return.
    Signature created by Shyama