Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only 7.6 million players left?? Time to pack it up, guys!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    As usual with these numbers... it's 7.6m PAYING... that's FREAKING far from the amount PLAYING!

If it's 2m playing, I'd be surprised... most of the subs are just people that still pay for sentimental reasons as it's hard to cut the cord from something you once loved!
    Where do you get that from?

Eh not bad, will probably go up another 700k-1M for next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, not bad at all.

I'm guessing the next closest MMO has < 2 million subscribers? Still doing very well then.

Cancel blizzcon! But seriously.. I think they'll take that.

That's really not bad at all.

I'm sort of expecting to hear changes to Blizzard's subscription/expansion system at BlizzCon. For instance, instead of selling an expansion every 2 years or so, they can sell "content patches" in smaller, bite-sized chunks.

Everyone will see mechanics/systems changes to the game, but landmasses/raids/etc. may end up as DLC. Imagine if, at MoP launch, you could've chosen to purchase MSV, HoF, and ToES (or not). Purchase the Operation: Shieldwall pack. The Isle of Thunder (and ToT) pack. And the Siege of Orgrimmar pack.

Then, when kids save their parents' credit card info for buying content packs, they can also buy the pets/mounts/etc. and Blizzard will make a few more bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    Why do you think the "cross-realm" thing is prio as crazy atm? Coz everything is fine and all servers prosper?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    I could tell you where he got it from, but I don't want to get infracted. >.<

This is definitely a much lower drop than I was expected. Figured it'd be about 250k, which wouldn't have been too bad either, but I guess Blizz has mostly plugged the hole for now.

Oh, no! 7.6 million? That's only the population of Toronto.

$15/month x 7.6 million = $114 million? Yep, that's not enough for a good Expansion!

It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Deleted
    np next expansion they all come back...yes they all do

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    As usual with these numbers... it's 7.6m PAYING... that's FREAKING far from the amount PLAYING!

If it's 2m playing, I'd be surprised... most of the subs are just people that still pay for sentimental reasons as it's hard to cut the cord from something you once loved!
    If 5.6 million people want to give me $15/mo. for nothing, I am happy to give them my PayPal e-mail address.

Lower than I expected. Well done, Blizzard.

Think it's just because of the loss rate bottoming out, or because of changes to the game?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much nothing.
    Other mmorpgs lose 3/4 of their subscriber base within the second year after release.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still more than my country's population

Oh noes only 7.6 million.. guess the baths in tubs filled with 100 dollar bills will have to be scaled down to 6 times a week instead of 7!

We're all dooooomed!

Can't wait to see how badly trolls try and spin 100k.

when wow announce they have 800k subs, lot of people will say thats pretty good, EVE have 500k we are still in the first place! Seriously 100k subs seem too little but it is the whole decline thing that I think makes them worry. Hopefully with the developers they got back from titan and now that they are free from vivendi they are going to fight back I have faith on them and they should start remembering their old good shelf...saying nothing is happening and everything is fine and we are still first is not gonna end well for them or the people who really love this game

I'm one of those subs, but I plan on coming back once the new expansion is released.

I am glad it's not dropped too much but the wait between expansions all ways takes a fair toll on the user base.

For me there are just a few other games I want to spend some time on and a new console to entertain me over Christmas and that's a hard thing to do when you play WoW and have a full time job. Can't drop the job so had to drop WoW.

I'm impressed. Huh.

Not that bad. Less than most people would predict. But I kind of expected the drop this quarter will not be that high. I based that on game time tracked by Xfire and Raptr which I keep following for various games. While most people dismiss those apps saying that most people dont use them, also those same people seems to be forgetting about statistical sample. So far I was able to put pretty accurate (well, general in nature, but still...) predictions just basing on Xfire.