Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Metzen spoke of Alternative Timeline before.

A while back Chris Metzen did say that as far as Warcraft 4 is concerned, the game may be an alternative timeline in which certain events did or did not happen. That way they can bypass the whole process of having to retcon WoW lore itself.

So maybe, just maybe, they took that idea and fused it with an actual WoW expansion idea?

And as for the first leak about Warlords of Draenor, it said that Grom would be the end raid boss. At first this gave me mixed feelings, however, if this is true, it would make sense in this timeline. If for some reason Garrosh is freed, what if he made his way to this alternative timeline (Infinite Dragonflight?) and help create a new Horde, an Iron Horde. For the first time in WoW we could have two endgame bosses instead of one.

In this timeline certain characters and events would be changed:

The Iron Horde eliminated every demon from Dreanor and thus, in a twist of fate, saved the planet from the Legion's influence. Because of this, the Lich King is never created, and Ner'zhul is still the orc he was, and may even be an enemy to this Iron Horde.

Neltharion may have never been corrupted...or at least not corrupted as much. He may play a significant role in the timeline in which we interact with.

Heroes of the Alliance Expedition may appear, but in this world of the Iron Horde, don't be surprised if most have been killed.

Infinite Dragonflight do still exist, in both timelines. However, in this timeline they may be a more noble race, or an even deadlier race and possibly be the reason Garrosh made his way to this timeline. Maybe their sense of peace and order is absolute chaos, and a way to bring this about is to temper with the timelines in such extreme ways that they collapse under each other and destroy the very existence of the Warcraft universe.

Alternative Timelines do exist as is proof in the Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects in which the Twilight Dragonflight try to use Blackmoore from a alternative timeline to kill Thrall.

What are your thoughts on both Metzen's talk of an alternative timeline, as well as some of the possibilities that I listed? Do any of these ideas change your initial thoughts on a alternative timeline expansion?

Note: As far as the Iron Horde is concerned, I don't believe that anything related to it are in game since Garrosh calls his Horde the True Horde
    Last edited by Spellbraker; 2013-11-06 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Forgot a key point
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Usually we provide a link when we claim someone said something...

Horde, Fel Horde, True Horde, Iron Horde... Why so many?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    You forgot Dark Horde :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    Note: As far as the Iron Horde is concerned, I don't believe that anything related to it are in game since Garrosh calls his Horde the True Horde
    The name Iron Horde popped up at a time when it could have been the development name for the True Horde - the texture is used in Siege. The Orc buildings in Norhtrend have their textures called WinterOrc, after all.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo dawg, we heard you like Horde, so we gave you a Horde of Hordes so you can hoard Hordes while you Horde.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Blizzard's Horde favoritism clearly!

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    You forgot Dark Horde :P
    Imagine if we failed to take out Arthas. He would have raised all the fallen orcs to make the
    BOOOOOONE HOOOOOOORDE!!!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This will be the Chrono Trigger expansion.

Calling it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    This will be the Chrono Trigger expansion.

Calling it now.
    N'Zoth is Lavos?
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    N'Zoth is Lavos?
    My inner child would squeal like....another child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    N'Zoth is Lavos?
    Hell yea! Erupting and raining down chaos on the world.

Here was my idea from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    If it is really Warlords then...

I think you'll see something where Garrosh escapes and steals something from the Bronze Dragonflight that allows him to escape justice into the past. There he meets up with his ancestors and becomes their leader, or perhaps something like "The Prophet" in Chrono Trigger (Wait Chrono Trigger? Didn't Greg mention something about this?? This is all starting to come together now.) that guides them.

I think he will prevent the breaking up of Draenor into Outland and the map will appear as an actual planet much like the fan made map of Draenor that has been floating around these forums. We will then have to contend with this new kind of Horde. A Horde as Garrosh always wanted it to be. An Iron Horde??

It will be a faction of Orc centricism, Orc racial superiority, and Orc warmongering. Something like the Axis of WW2. Even to go so far as declare the Azerothian Horde as their enemies and the green-skinned Orcs as inferior.

I don't think the story is going to give a damn about the laws of physics, grandfather paradoxes, parallel universes, or anything like that. It may have some sort of jumbling of the timelines that makes sense in a WoW universe, with the Bronze Dragonflight being at the center of "WoW physics."

If this is the case, then we may have an epic WoW version of Chrono Trigger. What better game to base an expansion around? Personally, it is my favorite game of all time.

And, once again, Greg...Lucca...Tinkers done right....Think about what he said.

N'Zoth is Lavos?
    Now that I think about it, it would kind of make sense if there were an old god that could manipulate time. I mean, one of the titans can...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Now that I think about it, it would kind of make sense if there were an old god that could manipulate time. I mean, one of the titans can...
    Mimiron's Head is actually the Epoch.
    Whelp, I think we've just solved the riddle of Warlords.

I really hope the Iron Horde mention that keeps getting thrown around is just a name for a doodad. Just so people MIGHT learn that jumping to conclusions is a bad thing.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a discussion with a friend in a way that, if Warlords of Draenor is the new expansion and it does let us go to the past with Garrosh, it would be just to create a new, alternative timeline so they can create Warcraft 4 without the interference of WoW. WoW would work in it's normal timeline with Lich King Bolvar, Warchief Vol'jin and Banshee Queen Sylvanas, but the new timeline can work a new story with Highlord Fordragon, Shadow Hunter Vol'jin and Ranger Windrunner. With the knowledge of WoW's timeline, they can make an RTS with more races, like Draenei and Zandalari, Although I don't think it is likely Blizzard will do this, I imagine it would be a cool concept.
    Last edited by Pisholina; 2013-11-06 at 11:04 PM.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I actually had a discussion with a friend in a way that, if Warlords of Draenor is the new expansion and it does let us go to the past with Garrosh, it would be just to create a new, alternative timeline so they can create Warcraft 4 without the interference of WoW. WoW would work in it's normal timeline with Lich King Bolvar, Warchief Vol'jin and Banshee Queen Sylvanas, but the new timeline can work a new story with Highlord Fordragon, Shadow Hunter Vol'jin and Ranger Sylvanas. With the knowledge of WoW's timeline, they can make an RTS with more races, like Draenei and Zandalari, Although I don't think it is likely Blizzard will do this, I imagine it would be a cool concept.
    Neat idea, maybe they use the TITAN engine, after scrapping their previous plans for WoW2. This would allow for them to make money off of both games, own a larger part of the market. It could also let them take some more changes on the WoW2 front with regards to mechanics etc.

Interesting idea...+1

Horde, Hordeor, Hordor

Deleted
    pls noooo. Dont want DC Marvel Warcraft Universe with 345 alternative Thralls and Varians :/

N'Zoth is Lavos?
    You know what, interesting you said that. Had a discussion on vent the other day educating people on the Old Gods and where their inspiration came from. The old ones act like Cthulu and such from the Lovecraft stuff as we all know however during the Tribunal of Ages in the Halls of Stone it mentioned the Old Gods were like parasites, necrophotes. Now the word necro means death and photes meant lights. Dead Lights.... Ring a bell? It should. Pennywise from IT used the Dead Lights and the being that is IT came from the same dimension as the beings from the Mist and Dark Tower series. Now what does this have to do with Lavos? See Lavos is probably some inter dimensional being or time wandering parasite much like IT. So that being said N'Zoth being Lavos would not be too far off if said theory holds.