Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would unsubscribe if:

a) stopped using raid content as endgame.
    or
    b) completely ignored dungeon content again post launch.

dishonorable mention: ignored primary professions again, they need a revamp badly (though this would just really annoying me, not make me unsub).

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Why would people quit over Item Squish? I seriously do not get it?
    this!
    Whats the big deal with lower numbers? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    this!
    Whats the big deal with lower numbers? ^^
    I tend to think that the number of people that say they will leave because of it, and those that actually do are fairly small. I think once people figure out the entire game has been rebalanced around it ( mostly) and that they don't even notice it, it will be one of those things that fades into obscurity ( along with Dance Studios)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If we have an expansion with Garrosh / Grom, I'll be done.
    Basically, if I see timetraveling other than a CoT raid / dungeon, I'm done.

Also, if there's no new races or classes and not even subraces, I'll be done.
    As a roleplayer I am kinda relying on them bringing something new like that
    to the table each expansion, it is kinda expected of them.

Deleted
    Unsubscribe if Garrosh is the main antagonis again, or if dungeon content is treated like in MoP again.

Regardless of what is revealed I'm planning on Subscribing soon.

Havn't played since about a year before MoP, thus I have a ton of stuff to do and catch up on. Just waiting on the Black Friday sales to get the new WoW Battlechest + MoP for $15

Although I may wait until after FFXIV:ARR 2.1 Patch, see if that convinces me to play again, for now its quite blah...

Deleted
    Whether I'm subscribed or not doesn't really reflect my feelings for the game.

They'd have to remodel every NPC to Justin Bieber to get me to cancel my wow sub. Does that mean I'm happy with the new expansion? No.

It's £7.99 a month. Or whatever it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently unsubscribed, mainly due to lack of free time to really fit any worthwhile playing in, I'll probably resubscribe for the expansion regardless... But to join in the game I'll resubscribe if they add in a viable enahcement shaman 2 Handed melee > spell damage spec! ^__^

Deleted
    I will most likely just weight the positives and negatives and make my decision about buying the expansion based on that.

Negative points mostly being loot shower and convenience stuff, dumbing down (if thats even possible at this point), too little content with effort wasted on things like player housing or other non-rewarding things.

Positive points would be challenging content being properly rewarded, more customization options (talents, gear etc. not cosmetic), anything that would revitalize world PvP and other such things.

Oh and if I had to pick a single thing that would make or break it for me, it would be item crunch. If they wont do it this time, I will wait till they do before resubscribing.. big numbers are so Asian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    It's £7.99 a month. Or whatever it is.
    Which means you can instead buy a completely new fresh AAA game every 4 months or cheaper $20-$40 games even more often. Oh and you have to pay for the expansion too.

WoW is the most expensive game on the market at the moment.

Deleted
    Unsub if Garrosh is the main villain again..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Which means you can instead buy a completely new fresh AAA game every 4 months or cheaper $20-$40 games even more often. Oh and you have to pay for the expansion too.

WoW is the most expensive game on the market at the moment.
    I think thats a little bit dependant on how much you play, When I was at uni, before I started playing WoW I was buying several shitty cheap games every month, each would last me a few days and not much longer before I would get bored and go buy another (gotta love student loans AND working part time while studying =p), But when I started playing WoW my crappy game buying stopped all together, I only brought the titles I actually wanted to play, in my final year of uni I was playing so much wow that I think throughout the year I only actually brought 2 other games.

So comparing buying all those games to just playing and paying my sub for wow - I ended up saving a lot of money! If it stops you buying crappy filller games, WoW is cheaper in the long run ^__^

I'm looking forward to item squish. Tanks with a million HP and constantly seeing 6 digit numbers as dps isn't helping anybody. Anyone who remembers how fun the game was when 1k dps was baddass will welcome it I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I think thats a little bit dependant on how much you play, When I was at uni, before I started playing WoW I was buying several shitty cheap games every month, each would last me a few days and not much longer before I would get bored and go buy another (gotta love student loans AND working part time while studying =p), But when I started playing WoW my crappy game buying stopped all together, I only brought the titles I actually wanted to play, in my final year of uni I was playing so much wow that I think throughout the year I only actually brought 2 other games.

So comparing buying all those games to just playing and paying my sub for wow - I ended up saving a lot of money! If it stops you buying crappy filller games, WoW is cheaper in the long run ^__^
    That depends on the games themselves more than their price though. I think I have sank at least as many hours into playing MM:Heroes 5 and 6 than into WoW and I paid less than $60 for both of them. They're excellent time killers:P Compared to spending uh.. Vanilla $60 + $40 TBC + $40 Wrath + at least 3 years of staying subscribed (Cata was a gift and I still havent bought MoP), thats almost nothing.

It's not that WoW is a bad game but to me it just seems way too out of proportion and too expensive compared to other games. Even online games.. LoL is completely free, has millions of players, they have to keep the servers running and development teams working for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Should have created this topic some time ago (damn), hopefully it's not too late.

If you are playing the game right now, describe what you fear Blizzard might announce at Blizzcon / do in the next expansion that would make you unsubscribe.

If you are NOT playing the game right now, describe what you think Blizzard might announce at Blizzcon / do in the next expansion that would make you resubscribe.

Only describe things that you really think might happen, no fantastic scenarios.

I was going to Unsub if they made a Chinese based Expansion, they did, I unsubbed, So anything back on lore will bring me back.

I would come back from my vacation if there were no more island-zones to do dailies on.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I'd quit over the squish,
    I've spend years and years building character, going from 3K health and 1 K DPS to to point i am now.
    I have no desire to go back in time to wotlk numbers.

I'd probably only unsubscribe if they replaced all dailies Timeless Isle/Battlefield Barrens type grindfests.

On the other hand, if they make it so you can get faction rep by doing dailies, dungeons or grinding, and the dailies unlock story like in 5.1, I'd be subscribed the whole expansion. I don't really care if they make it so you can only earn say 1,000 rep per day with a faction, total, from any of those methods. Personally, I like the dailies. But I understand some people want options, and if Blizz doesn't want people being able to grind to exalted in one day, it shouldn't be TOO hard to just make a daily limit for the first couple of content patches.

Oh, and no gear behind faction locks. Just mounts, pets, profession recipes for toys etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Why would people quit over Item Squish? I seriously do not get it?
    They will have to face the fact that those numbers were artificial, that they're progress was meaningless except in the context of what specific encounter they were playing, and that gear progression is pretty empty in every way except for their dollies.

It will hurt them in their feelings, they will cry tears over the fact that they were tricked into playing dollies in front of god and everyone.

Actually, I have no idea. I agree it's very weird.

The one and only thing that'll make me unsubscribe for sure is WoW going f2p, which is unlikely, so I'm not worried at all.

item squish won't make me quit, but it'll piss me off severely. i love seeing 1,000,000+ pop up, it feels like i'm so much stronger than i was before.

and if you can't handle big numbers, you should probably go back to elementary school.