10+ Year Old Account

DW v. 2H [Frost] & Stat Priorities [Frost + Blood]?

Hey all. I just finished leveling my third 90, and this time I went for a DK. I originally intended to be Frost, but ended up using my secondary Blood to level to 90. Now that I'm 90, I've got some questions.

1. As a Frost DPS, does dual-wield or single 2H wield put out more DPS?
    2. What are the stat priorities for Frost? I looked on Icy Veins and it showed two different priorities based on if you're DW or 2H wield.
    3. What are the stat priorities for Blood? Again, I looked on Icy Veins and it showed three different priorities (I don't use Dodge/Parry on my Paladin, so I doubt I'd use it on a DK.) But it showed a Mastery > Haste and a Haste > Mastery build.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Hey all. I just finished leveling my third 90, and this time I went for a DK. I originally intended to be Frost, but ended up using my secondary Blood to level to 90. Now that I'm 90, I've got some questions.

3. What are the stat priorities for Blood? Again, I looked on Icy Veins and it showed three different priorities (I don't use Dodge/Parry on my Paladin, so I doubt I'd use it on a DK.) But it showed a Mastery > Haste and a Haste > Mastery build.
    Why not? Riposte makes avoidance an awesome dps stat and survival stat. Unfortunately paladins don't get that

to question 1:
    DW will out-dps the 2hander spec with full "heroic-warforged" gear, full BiS items.

to question 2:
    2hander = Crit > Mastery > Haste

DW = Mastery > Crit >= Haste

Unholy = Crit > Mastery > Haste

To question 3:
    PvE HIT/EXP build - Exp/hit > Mastery > stam > Str > Parry=dodge.

PvE Avoidance build - Parry=dodge > Stam > Mastery > Exp/hit.

PvE Mastery build - Mastery > Stam > Str > Parry=dodge > Exp/hit.

PvP spec - Str > Hit > Exp > PvP power > Resil > Crit > Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by ludibin View Post
    To question 3:
    PvE HIT/EXP build - Exp/hit > Mastery > stam > Str > Parry=dodge.

PvE Avoidance build - Parry=dodge > Stam > Mastery > Exp/hit.

PvE Mastery build - Mastery > Stam > Str > Parry=dodge > Exp/hit.
    those are pretty terrible stat priorities.

imo this is 'the best':
    hit/exp to 7.5% > mastery to where you're comfortable (usually 150-200% buffed, depends on the content you do) > parry > dodge

other information or reforges can be found here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    those are pretty terrible stat priorities.

imo this is 'the best':
    hit/exp to 7.5% > mastery to where you're comfortable (usually 150-200% buffed, depends on the content you do) > parry > dodge

other information or reforges can be found here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking
    Parry & dodge have the same mitigation these days, doesn't matter wich one you go for. That's why I typed Parry=Dodge...

Deleted
    to question 2:
    2hander = Crit > Mastery > Haste
    There is a bit more to it, you still want the right amount of haste for 2p proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    There is a bit more to it, you still want the right amount of haste for 2p proc.
    At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I've noticed you are one of the few 2h raiders that posts relatively high parses, yet you never seem to use plague leech and you run with more haste than usual. Are you finding you need more haste to keep resources flowing without PL? Mastery isn't all that attractive for 2h either, but when last I played 2h I had ~6k haste with PL and didn't really have any resource gluts.

True to a point tbh.
    You'll get the amount of haste you'd want from the gear itself.

That is ofcourse if you follow a guideline for yourself towards picking up and using the BiS items tho theyr lfr/flex/norm/hc with warforged gear into it.

Deleted
    Parry & dodge have the same mitigation these days, doesn't matter wich one you go for. That's why I typed Parry=Dodge...
    Wrong. Parry is far superior due to parryhaste and it grants more scent of blood stacks. Might want to review your information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I've noticed you are one of the few 2h raiders that posts relatively high parses, yet you never seem to use plague leech and you run with more haste than usual. Are you finding you need more haste to keep resources flowing without PL? Mastery isn't all that attractive for 2h either, but when last I played 2h I had ~6k haste with PL and didn't really have any resource gluts.
    I like unholy blight more for most fights than PL when playing 2H. About higher haste than needed for just 2p, I pretty much run it atm to test how it works out vs just for the 2p.

I like unholy blight more for most fights than PL when playing 2H. About higher haste than needed for just 2p, I pretty much run it atm to test how it works out vs just for the 2p.
    If you're kinda testing haste softcaps, a while ago i played a bit around with PL vs UB and the situation of haste in it in simcraft. The result was, that somewhere between 11k and 11,6k dpending on gear is a breakpoint, for whatever it is a breakpoint.
    After you reach that point haste and mastery are equaling out again and mastery overtaking in the long run. Reaching this point is alittle extra bump and up to this point haste is the best stat, if you chose UB.

I got my 1h weapons before i got to test if it is a visible difference, just wanted to tell as i read the post.