Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily for me BlizzCon will start at 6pm here so I can watch my virtual ticket w/o any problem or interruptions (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there's another solution, just move to wherever that guy lives.

Log in and stream the Opening Ceremonies, plug in earbuds and listen to it with one ear. Once you've heard the "big announcement" (maybe even utterly tuned out the class to pull the tablet / phone out to watch the trailer during the announcement as well) you can unplug and be distracted for the rest of your classes that day. Keep an eye on Twitter is another option.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    You're no fun. No good story starts with, "So I decided to be responsible and ... "
    except for the one thats like "So I decided to be responsible and now i'm rich as fuck and can do whatever the fuck i want"

that sounds like a good story

Are you sure the opening ceremony is actually going to reveal anything?

I thought that was more of a "welcome to blizzcon, big things are gonna happen, blah blah blah".

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    You'll find the opening ceremony, which will have the reveal and general information in said reveal, will be streaming for free at 11 AM PST.

The rest of the information will be available on sites like this within minutes. The Virtual Ticket is basically just pricey gifts for games.
    Oh shit it's free?
    I've always said Blizzard are a fair and just company that should be viewed as nothing but the benchmark of what the gaming industry should be, the fact they consistently put the customers' first warms the cockles of my salty heart.
    Oscar worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Blizzcon not only takes far too long (3 days?), but the presentations themselves are way too long. Who has an hour to sit and watch any of this? I have a wife and kids, 2 dogs and an iguana, I'm not some jobless 18 year old neckbeard.

Please, consolidate everything you need to say into several 5 minute long chunks for the sake of casuals like me. It's not 2003 any more, and exclusive hardcore presentations have gone on long enough.

i doubt many people can watch the whole thing. But it is a convention after all, and conventions of all types are usually whole day or weekend affairs and people that watch/participate/go, arent all jobless 18 year old neckbeards lol. generalizing much
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Can't you use the Directv mobile app or something?

http://www.directv.com/technology/mobile_apps

Dunno if that works for Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Oh shit it's free?
    I've always said Blizzard are a fair and just company that should be viewed as nothing but the benchmark of what the gaming industry should be, the fact they consistently put the customers' first warms the cockles of my salty heart.
    Oscar worthy.
    Don't worry, I think the stream cost is a rip off too. I'll just watch their free streams (the tournaments and the opening ceremonies - the only part I have any interest in anyways) and live without the items.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    except for the one thats like "So I decided to be responsible and now i'm rich as fuck and can do whatever the fuck i want"

that sounds like a good story
    You think that someone missing one day of school to do something that they are passionate about is going to change how much money they make later in life? How much would you sell your passion for? For a middle-class income? So you can buy more crap to fill your empty life with? How many days of school do you think you have to attend to become rich enough to do whatever you want? Name some rich people. Bill Gates. Dropped out of school. Steve Jobs, well he's dead, but he dropped out of school. Gabe Newell. Dropped out of school. What did they have? They had drive. They had passion. They knew what they wanted and they said fuck you to anyone who got in their way, including school. This guy is passionate about gaming, so he wants to maybe skip a day of class. Big fucking deal. It won't put him in the poor house. They're probably going to go over something that's going to bore him to tears. This is his life, and its ending one minute at a time. Let him find his passion and chase it, that'll do him a hell of a lot more than school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there's another solution, just move to wherever that guy lives.
    Just don't.. I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.. Brazil is a beautiful and wonderful place to visit and pass the holidays/vacation but NOT to live. I wish I could have the opportunity to live anywhere else really

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzon is on my days off. straight chillin :P
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    Just don't.. I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.. Brazil is a beautiful and wonderful place to visit and pass the holidays/vacation but NOT to live. I wish I could have the opportunity to live anywhere else really
    What stops you?

Deleted
    What stops you?
    Immigration laws

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not stopping you, that's just a convenient excuse. You can move to nearly any other country on earth if you want to. You might have to equip yourself with some skill that they find valuable, but if you truly want to move, find that skill, and make that move.

Deleted
    You think that someone missing one day of school to do something that they are passionate about is going to change how much money they make later in life? How much would you sell your passion for? For a middle-class income? So you can buy more crap to fill your empty life with? How many days of school do you think you have to attend to become rich enough to do whatever you want? Name some rich people. Bill Gates. Dropped out of school. Steve Jobs, well he's dead, but he dropped out of school. Gabe Newell. Dropped out of school. What did they have? They had drive. They had passion. They knew what they wanted and they said fuck you to anyone who got in their way, including school. This guy is passionate about gaming, so he wants to maybe skip a day of class. Big fucking deal. It won't put him in the poor house. They're probably going to go over something that's going to bore him to tears. This is his life, and its ending one minute at a time. Let him find his passion and chase it, that'll do him a hell of a lot more than school.
    except the difference is he is skipping school to watch blizzcon, not pursue his dream. duh

That's not stopping you, that's just a convenient excuse. You can move to nearly any other country on earth if you want to. You might have to equip yourself with some skill that they find valuable, but if you truly want to move, find that skill, and make that move.
    Hold it. Stop.
    Migrating isn't easy. You need a place to live, an address so you can register for all the important documents, you need money to survive (eat and what not), you need to know the language of which ever country your are moving to or you will have an even lesser chance of getting an appropriate job. I wish it was as easy as you make it sound, but there is so much that comes along with moving to a different country (outside of Europe) that it takes a lot more than 'go for it!'

Anywho, to not derail this thread more and have someone get in trouble for skipping school... be it with their family or the teachers... waiting or keeping an eye on Twitter or MMO-champion are you best way of doing this. School is only a few hours, you'll live.

Blizzcon not only takes far too long (3 days?), but the presentations themselves are way too long. Who has an hour to sit and watch any of this? I have a wife and kids, 2 dogs and an iguana, I'm not some jobless 18 year old neckbeard.

Please, consolidate everything you need to say into several 5 minute long chunks for the sake of casuals like me. It's not 2003 any more, and exclusive hardcore presentations have gone on long enough.
    Relax dude. It's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account

not sure if serious lol... if you don't have an hour a day to do things that you want to do I pity you, I really do...

You don't. YOu pay attention to classes and maybe someday you stop writing things like "2morrow"