Model updates affecting gear graphic updates?

So, having new model updates is cool and I'm really looking forward to Night Elf and Draenei (hoping for Draenei to have longer tails and more horn choices for male and female) but with most of the model being hidden by gear what's the point of adding all of the shading?

Will having the model frames being adjusted and more animations coming into play, will the gear be updated to match? It will be a little saddening to have a newly textured character wearing a 3d belt, shoulders, helmet, boots, and MAYBE gloves, but then having a flat cloth-like chestpiece and legplates. Will they be shiny or have more shading too? I just feel like the armor is really flat.

Well, that and none of the tier this expansion really stood out to me aside from the eccentric paladin tier 16 and a lot of the challenge mode sets. The druid tier 16 was absolute trash, and that's an understatement.

But anyway, it would be kind of nice to more than a few select pieces have depth and look 3 dimensional. A bulging belt, enjoyably oversized shoulderpads, and an iconic helmet are nice but often stand out compared to the chest and legs.

Oh, and one more thing, it would be nice if we could get a few weapon updates to the models. I.E. Blood elf females having tiny itty bitty weapons. I would roll a female human JUST for the sake of having my weapon look like a giant dagger of death! Then again, I guess a female blood elf can really only carry so much weight before her anorexic arms fall off.

If you looked at the very first picture you'd clearly see they're working on the armor, zooming in it certainly looks like there's more depth (From what little you can see).

Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we have so many threads already about the model updates based on the news today, I'm going to go ahead and close this one. The question asked would fit easily into any one of the other threads although it's been answered already in this one. Blizzard has been clear all along that with the model updates, gear would be updated as well.

Please continue to discuss this in the active threads. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."