Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Only 100k drops!

Obviously some will see this as BAD but honestly it's actually good! WoW won't ever hit 12 million again, not unless the competition all dies! It's on a natural decline but that's nothing to worry about. Especially considering only 100,000 unsubscribed in an expansion that's at it's end! Obviously Blizzard is doing something good to keep people playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who says a quarterly drop of 100k after the previous year is bad isn't thinking straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Obviously some will see this as BAD but honestly it's actually good! WoW won't ever hit 12 million again, not unless the competition all dies! It's on a natural decline but that's nothing to worry about. Especially considering only 100,000 unsubscribed in an expansion that's at it's end! Obviously Blizzard is doing something good to keep people playing
    They didnt start mass banning bots yet. That would probaly be another 500k subs.

As for the game you will see a huge decrease pretty soon. My guild went from active 30 players to 10 in just 20 days.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Q3, nothing to do with end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Exactly, what's a Q again? 3 months? That means if it's gonna continue at this rate then that gives WoW a steady 14 years

To bad i dont feel the change on my server, it just get more crowded

Then again. 100k is basicly just bots that have been perma banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Anyone who says a quarterly drop of 100k after the previous year is bad isn't thinking straight.
    A 1.3% drop is pretty much insignificant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Well by Q3 the majority had done EVERYTHING! Q3 was I believe June-August, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    They didnt start mass banning bots yet. That would probaly be another 500k subs.

As for the game you will see a huge decrease pretty soon. My guild went from active 30 players to 10 in just 20 days.
    Well good for all those who left. Now if only they would leave the forums alone too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait 'till we're 8 months into SoO. That's going to be another huge drop.

wow really? my guild increase easily by more than yours decreased we went from 2 normal raid groups to 4 in the last 2 weeks....

Whilst I love a good WoW-basher-bashing (1.2m drop thread earlier, errmerrgerrd), I'm sure this could be discussed in the other thread.

Deleted

20 people quitting your guild isn't exactly evidence

Deleted
    there's still a couple of million people to raid and enjoy playing with. let me know when wow reaches 5 subs or when blizzard announce they are taking the servers down permanently

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Wait 'till we're 8 months into SoO. That's going to be another huge drop.
    Im pretty sure we will be in next expansion beta by then

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yep. 5.4 had yet to come out. Next quarter will be more telling. Although it took a full quarter after DS released for WoW to lose massive subs in 2011-2012. So we may know more during the quarter after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    To bad i dont feel the change on my server, it just get more crowded

Then again. 100k is basicly just bots that have been perma banned?
    Luckily, the "subscription numbers" are now out of the way of players "satisfaction" for good as the ongoing connected realms kill these arguments of the haters and doom preachers for good.

But apparently they now concentrate on the financial arguments stating Blizzard catches less money with WoW.

That "argument" is also old by 2014 as Blizzard will introduce other very lucrative steady money streams with HS and their Dota game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.6 as opposed to the 7 or less I was expecting. I'm actually amazed. Though this begs the question, if the tanks didn't quit the game, why are they nearly impossible to find in queues?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Im pretty sure we will be in next expansion beta by then
    Not me, I never get beta keys from Blizzard

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yep. 5.4 had yet to come out. Next quarter will be more telling. Although it took a full quarter after DS released for WoW to lose massive subs in 2011-2012. So we may know more during the quarter after this.
    Q3 runs July through September. So it would have had the first few weeks of SoO. Not likely enough for people to really flood back, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)