Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mostly the lore. The "evil" demonic thing sounds kinda cool to me.

Also, I've played the same warlock main since 2006, by this point I can't really imagine changing. I have alts, but they'll never, ever be my main. If the Warlock class was screwed over and made unplayable I'd sooner quit than reroll. I've stuck with the class through the highs and lows, I'm not going to stop now.

Most entertaining class ever made
    Doesnt matter how many nerfs they throw at us, we will always be enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    so yes, it's sacrificial magic.
    Is that somehow related to Anima or the type of magic mentioned in the Green Fire Questline?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Is that somehow related to Anima or the type of magic mentioned in the Green Fire Questline?
    I don't think it's related to anima, since anima is of titanic origin and the titans forbade the use of sacrificial magic, but it's definitely related to the green fire questline. the greenfire questline is about getting more fel magic, after all.

the game doesn't show much of the sacrificial aspect of fel magic (besides life tap and drain life), but in the comics, when Soulfire was summoning a doomguard, he sacrificed the grass under his feet. that caused the grass to get burned, similarly to how the grass burns under the feet of the undead warlock in the World of Warcraft Original Opening Cinematic.

IMHO it would be pretty awesome if the grass was to get burned in-game as well when we cast our spells and summon demons
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    always wanted to play a 'lock since Classic - rolled one at the start of Cata - very late I know... loved it since. green fire gave me the chance to spend some time learning the class a bit better and my main now going forward.... god bless green fire

Started as a lock switched to a pally for BC. End of wotlk dropped the pally for the lock, started doing heroic ICC with her.
    skipped cata, started at mop. Green fire Cmode gear. Lore, How awesome it is to be a lock, My warlock is my permamain

10+ Year Old Account
    Could never settle on a main. Kept quitting and coming back to WoW from Vanilla up to Cataclysm and each time would be a new class I'd try to main. Have always had a certain affection toward casters, but the Warlock was supremely unappealing for some reason.

Then one day, just before I cancelled my subscription, I jumped on the PTR for a laugh. Created a Pre-Made Warlock for the hell of it, because I didn't want to quit WoW permanently without trying out every class.

It fit perfectly. I've never taken to a class, in ANY game as well as I did to that Destro Lock. Felt insanely natural. Don't think I lost a duel/arena the entire time the PTR was up. And yes, I understand that doesn't mean a lot, particularly because it is the PTR, but it felt so good that I re-subbed and started up a Warlock for the first time. Then I quit for 1.5 years... But I'm back now to finish the job!

well i actually dont remember started at vannila
    was wondering why there is so few locks and still playing it
    (and still dont get why there is so few of locks everywhere always wanted and spammed in recruitment)
    and from bc added shadow priest as secondary main (no its not alt from that time both chars had same raid progression)
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the World of Warcraft Comics (the so called "med'an" comics) say that fel magic works through turning life energy into power. fel spells are cast on those comics by using the sacrifice of grass, a few lizards and some fish in the sea through the comics by characters such as vendellin soulfire, kathra'natir and meryl felstorm.

so yes, it's sacrificial magic.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Fel
    http://wowpedia.org/Fel_Magic

You don't need to sacrifice anything to cast fel magic. It's corrupted demon blood tinged arcane magic.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-11-26 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Fel
    http://wowpedia.org/Fel_Magic

You don't need to sacrifice anything to cast fel magic. It's corrupted demon blood tinged arcane magic.
    don't use WoWwiki, it's full of RPG book stuff which is non-canon. use WoWpedia, it's not as updated as it should be, but it's much better than wowwiki.

I won't ask you to read the World of Warcraft Comics to confirm it, because you may not have them. I'll just show you a Blue tweet from Sean Copeland, Blizzard's historian.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/402509388037894145

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Afraid so, sir. You burn life to fuel your magic. This reminds me of the "clean coal" argument.
    more on Sean Copeland here: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/09/12/a-...sean-copeland/
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-26 at 11:38 AM.

I read the WowWiki and the descriptions of Fel Magic are kinda all over the place.

First the article says it's Arcane magic at it's most Corrupt. O.K.

Then two sentences later they say it's the embodiment of the drug (Arcane) in it's purest form. How can it be both pure and corrupt?
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-11-26 at 03:41 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I read the WowWiki and the descriptions of Fel magic are kinda all over the place.

First the article say it's Arcane magic at it's most Corrupt. O.K.

Then two sentences later they say it's the embodiment of the drug (Arcane) in it's purest form. How can it be both pure and corrupt?
    WoWwiki has a lot of outdated information (and a lot of non-canon rpg book information)

WoWpedia is also pretty outdated as far as comic book and novel lore goes, but it's the best we have. at least they try to separate what's canon from what's not canon. Between bad and worse, I'd stick with WoWpedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I read the WowWiki and the descriptions of Fel Magic are kinda all over the place.

First the article says it's Arcane magic at it's most Corrupt. O.K.

Seems like the comma is off, I believe the intent of the text was to be read as "pure evil and arcane."

Used to be DoT and go......the more mobs you could get DoT'd up the more you could pull.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Um, destro was changed to be more like a fire mage. Not the other way around.
    Not really. Fire is a boring, unenjoyable spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    SOO has many bosses that are melee friendly
    True but the same bosses are also "ranged friendly" and in a straight up muscle fight ranged dps is far more efficient and "safe" compared to melee. In a standstill no mechanics encounter the dps difference between melee and ranged isn't as noticeable, but as soon as you add movement and multiple targets ranged pull ahead drastically.
    You can argue that melee is too weak but IMO ranged are way too strong, esp while moving. Excluding hunters ranged should do minimal dps while moving.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

When I started one in 2007 it was because it was a ranged class that was never limited by mana. Every other ranged class essentially couldn't go full blast dps all the time like a warlock could or they'd oom if the fight was long enough.

warlock was the second char i leveled to 60 back in Vanilla, in no order:

-drains
    -fire horse
    -interesting lore and class quests
    -casting while moving
    -green fire
    -pets
    -demon form
    and many others

The themes expressed in the class coupled with how strong it is makes me love playing my Warlock.

Three varied and interesting specs
    Strong utility
    Strong survival
    Great DPS
    Bad ass tier gear
    Summoning demons

And more recently, finally getting GREEN FIRE as we should have from the start.

Still feels like the least squishy cloth caster, at least in PvE. Soul Leech, Sacrificial Pact and Unending Resolve allow you to "meh" your way through most raid-wide damage. Fairly long cooldowns on the latter two, but they really make a difference if you time them well.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.