10+ Year Old Account

Living Seed and DoC

So, I just recently got back into raiding after a break for a tier, and I have come back to druids having an Attonment! Interesting idea, I kinda like it, but my biggest issue with it is the fact that, unlike Priests, we have no benefit to it critting. If a priest crits with Smite, they put up Diving Aegis on the target. I think it would be worth experimenting with if Blizzard made DoC Wrath crits apply Living Seed to the target.

Now, even with this, I doubt it would make it a competitive build, but it would be interesting for casual play. I wonder if/what changes could be made to maybe one day make it an actual decent healing setup for heroic raids, or whatever. I think for this to happen, something pretty crazy would have to happen, like DoC crits apply Living Seed and a Rejuv, or crits apply Living Seed and cast Wild Growth, without affecting the cooldown of Wild Growth. But, those would be pretty insane changes, and not worth the time and effort for competitive changes.

Just me messing around with ideas again :P
    Last edited by xXsoftcoreXx; 2013-11-08 at 12:56 AM.

Deleted
    Resto's version of DoC is horrible and it has no use in any serious or proper setting.

Everyone would be doing it a favour if they just avoided it so blizzard will get the hint and rework it again, since it's awful.
    If any changes are made to it, I'd like to see it have more synergy with the rest of the tool kit
    I'd love it if it turned our heals into dps abilities, similar to that glyph which lets paladins use word of glory as an attack, obviously work it to make it non op in pvp

I think instead of an instant heal on hit, it should apply a HoT that heals over ~3-4 seconds base tick at 1s. This then affects mastery - which is the largest issue for making it viable. I feel as though blizzard did not want it to ever be viable and it was more of a last minute thing so DoC would affect all specs. Also incorporating moonfire would be nice, like healing an additional target per moonfire. i.e. keep up moonfire and you're healing 2 targets - and if there are 4 mobs, you're healing 5 targets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    Resto's version of DoC is horrible and it has no use in any serious or proper setting.

Everyone would be doing it a favour if they just avoided it so blizzard will get the hint and rework it again, since it's awful.
    If any changes are made to it, I'd like to see it have more synergy with the rest of the tool kit
    I'd love it if it turned our heals into dps abilities, similar to that glyph which lets paladins use word of glory as an attack, obviously work it to make it non op in pvp

I use it on spoils normal, have yet to get to heroic (working on dark shamans this week) and this allows my side to beat the other side. I just toss a WG on occasion during the mogu side and move my mushroom around just in case. I pull a decent amount and no one dies. It's also nice for easier fights like heroic immerseus where the healing requirement is quite low outside of oozes. I do agree it's not super amazing, but it does have a few niche spots. I don't like your idea for turning our hots into dots. I think the only reason paladins have that glyph is because they don't have anything offensive to spend holy power on as holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I use it on spoils normal, have yet to get to heroic (working on dark shamans this week) and this allows my side to beat the other side. I just toss a WG on occasion during the mogu side and move my mushroom around just in case. I pull a decent amount and no one dies. It's also nice for easier fights like heroic immerseus where the healing requirement is quite low outside of oozes. I do agree it's not super amazing, but it does have a few niche spots. I don't like your idea for turning our hots into dots. I think the only reason paladins have that glyph is because they don't have anything offensive to spend holy power on as holy.
    used it for spoils normal, though didnt dare to try it out for spoils hc because well wrath still did decent damage without doc and the burst from hotw was more needed