Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible links within the game to Warlords of Draenor - Possible SPOILER

Hey guys.

I'm not in to the whole speculation thing surrounding the next expansion really, i've just realised a few things, though.

I did the scenario " The Secrets of Ragefire", and I realised, during the last phase, there are these NPC's called Kor'kron dire Soldiers, now these soldiers are just the giant orc versions similar to raz in blackrock caverns was, but I realised, they have the Fel orc model, as in red skin, we've only ever seen this with Chaos orcs and the blood infused orcs from Hellfire Penninsula, and as far as we know, no Fel orcs ever joined the horde, I know that the dragonmaw clan did, and that they were also infused with the blood of demons, but you don't see any other red orcs at all during SoO or the scenario, just the Kor'kron dire soldiers ( or not that i've seen, anyway.)
    The dragonmaw we see in SoO are black like Warlord Zaela.

Could this be any sort of possible spoiler towards Warlords of Draenor?

Another thing I noticed is that Gorehowl dissapears after 5.4 when Lor'themar and Jaina claim it in the room of the Sha of Pride
    I noticed that some of the spoilers say that Medivh is involved in the next expansion ( whether as a hero or an enemy is yet to be determined).
    Gorehowl drops from the last boss in Karazhan for seemingly no reason, and no explanation has ever been mentioned, another Spoiler also mentions that Garrosh continues to create the Dark portal.

Is it possible that the Dark Portal is complete, and Garrosh is involved in a raid at Karazhan, since Medivh is still evil at this point?
    It'd explain why Gorehowl would end up in the hands of Prince Malchezzar, with Medivh gifting it to him for his participation in the battle for Karazhan?

It's a long shot sure, but Blizzard have worked two random pieces of lore together on more than one occasion, and multiple spoilers i've seen have said that Medivh and the dark portal may be involved in Warlords of Draenor, couple this together with the recent TCG pack - Betrayal of the Guardian, which a rare piece of loot is a Dark portal hearthstone, may hint at the future of the expansion yet.

It isn't unheard of for Blizz to do this kind of thing, in previous expansions they would add items with names pointing towards the expansion ahead.

This is just my 2 cents anyway, please feel free to decimate my conspiracy.

PS: Link to the Model for the Kor'kron Dire Soldier Model
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70665#modelviewer:10+0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Is it possible that the Dark Portal is complete, and Garrosh is involved in a raid at Karazhan, since Medivh is still evil at this point?
    It'd explain why Gorehowl would end up in the hands of Prince Malchezzar, with Medivh gifting it to him for his participation in the battle for Karazhan?
    This... Part kinda blew my mind. That would be a link years in the making if true.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    If they can tie that in with gorehowl, all the way back to Burning Crusade I will be very impressed.

These red-skinned orcs in Ragefire are not fel/chaos orcs, but just some sort of infused type, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    As I recall, there are fel orcs in service of the Horde, some can be found around the Dark Portal.
    I wouldn't want another expansion based on Garrosh, or time travel for that matter, so I'm going to keep praying for Burning Legion with a side of Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    This... Part kinda blew my mind. That would be a link years in the making if true.
    It wouldn't be the first time, blizzard are sneaky little blighters, i'm pretty sure they had the basic idea of Cataclysm before Wrath was fully developed, I know for a FACT they had pandaria before Cata was halfway finished, I seen the interview somewhere.

Another item to consider is " Cataclysms edge" from Archimonde in the Battle for Hyjal, the word Cataclysm being the important word, a full expansion before World of Warcraft : Cataclysm was even released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demonlock666 View Post
    These red-skinned orcs in Ragefire are not fel/chaos orcs, but just some sort of infused type, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    As I recall, there are fel orcs in service of the Horde, some can be found around the Dark Portal.
    I wouldn't want another expansion based on Garrosh, or time travel for that matter, so I'm going to keep praying for Burning Legion with a side of Old Gods.
    If thats true, Id have thought Malkorok and the other infused orcs would have been a reddish tint, the red orc just appears completely out of nowhere

Malchezaar bought it on Amazon, Garrosh didn't even want it anymore because he has his super-shiny-sha-infused copy of Gorehowl

In all honestly, something that well set up would make not even care about the same villain two times in a row, no new races and time-travel.

If thats true, Id have thought Malkorok and the other infused orcs would have been a reddish tint, the red orc just appears completely out of nowhere
    It seems extremely unlikely that Garrosh would be using, or even working with Fel Orcs.

He's done of lot of horrible and illogical things, but throughout his entire storyline, his one absolute consistent trait is that he despises demons and those who work with demons above all else. Even when demonic power gives him victories, he still refuses to use it or accept people who will use it (to the point of sentencing people to death in Ashenvale for it, and devoting Kor'kron to executing warlocks even as the walls of Orgrimmar were breached. And if leaks are to be believed, he continues this ideology in in the future as well.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-11-08 at 11:51 AM.

If Garrosh drops the weapon in our timeline, then travels back in time, how does he give it to someone else if it's not in his possession. Unless Grom dies an early death and/or gives it to Garrosh himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

It seems extremely unlikely that Garrosh would be using, or even working with Fel Orcs.

He's done of lot of horrible and illogical things, but throughout his entire storyline, his one absolute consistent trait is that he despises demons and those who work with demons above all else. Even when demonic power gives him victories, he still refuses to use it or accept people who will use it (to the point of sentencing people to death in Ashenvale for it, and devoting Kor'kron to executing warlocks even as the walls of Orgrimmar were breached. And if leaks are to be believed, he continues this ideology in in the future as well.
    If that were the case, he wouldn't have them as his own Kor'kron personal force, nor would they have been utilised in twilight highlands tbh, the dragonmaw partook in demon blood, so did his father.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xynen View Post
    If Garrosh drops the weapon in our timeline, then travels back in time, how does he give it to someone else if it's not in his possession. Unless Grom dies an early death and/or gives it to Garrosh himself.
    Garrosh dosen't drop Gorehowl in our timeline, he drops " Xal'atoh, Desecrated image of Gorehowl".
    He discards his original Gorehowl in the Sha of Pride room.

Another thing I noticed is that Gorehowl dissapears after 5.4 when Lor'themar and Jaina claim it in the room of the Sha of Pride
    I noticed that some of the spoilers say that Medivh is involved in the next expansion ( whether as a hero or an enemy is yet to be determined).
    Gorehowl drops from the last boss in Karazhan for seemingly no reason, and no explanation has ever been mentioned, another Spoiler also mentions that Garrosh continues to create the Dark portal.

It's a long shot sure, but Blizzard have worked two random pieces of lore together on more than one occasion, and multiple spoilers i've seen have said that Medivh and the dark portal may be involved in Warlords of Draenor, couple this together with the recent TCG pack - Betrayal of the Guardian, which a rare piece of loot is a Dark portal hearthstone, may hint at the future of the expansion yet.
    Wow that could be absolutely genius, my mind is actually blown.

No way they actually planned it, but if Garrosh dies on top of Karazhan trying to hold back the legion and drops Gorehowl there i'd applaud Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Wow that could be absolutely genius, my mind is actually blown.

No way they actually planned it, but if Garrosh dies on top of Karazhan trying to hold back the legion and drops Gorehowl there i'd applaud Blizzard.
    I wasn't sure whether I was a genius for thinking of it, it was a kind of bathroom epithany thing, quite literally.

If that were the case, he wouldn't have them as his own Kor'kron personal force, nor would they have been utilised in twilight highlands tbh, the dragonmaw partook in demon blood, so did his father.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh dosen't drop Gorehowl in our timeline, he drops " Xal'atoh, Desecrated image of Gorehowl".
    He discards his original Gorehowl in the Sha of Pride room.
    Yeah, I wasn't using the word drop to mean loot. The question still stands, if he discards Gorehowl in the present, he can't provide it to someone in the past unless he somehow receives it from Grom himself. Which seems unlikely unless his father comes to an untimely end as a result of the younger Hellscream time traveling.

Deleted
    Wow, i hope some of this is true

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I wasn't using the word drop to mean loot. The question still stands, if he discards Gorehowl in the present, he can't provide it to someone in the past unless he somehow receives it from Grom himself. Which seems unlikely unless his father comes to an untimely end as a result of the younger Hellscream time traveling.
    It gets reclaimed by Lor'thermar and Jaina and suddenly dissapears with no explanation to where it is, could have been retrieved by Anduin to give to Garrosh in prison or anything, tbh.

That would literally make the whole expansion worthwhile, even if the rest was trash :P Great piece of thinking there! However, I suspect that instead, it just 'happened' to be there with no explanation

It gets reclaimed by Lor'thermar and Jaina and suddenly dissapears with no explanation to where it is, could have been retrieved by Anduin to give to Garrosh in prison or anything, tbh.
    Seems like a bit of a stretch to me, it disappearing could also just mean Jaina or Lorthemar picked it up, but it's not nearly as far fetched as other threads around here.

this sounds quite awesome and i hope its true..

another Spoiler also mentions that Garrosh continues to create the Dark portal.
    When was this said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a bit of a stretch to me, it disappearing could also just mean Jaina or Lorthemar picked it up, but it's not nearly as far fetched as other threads around here.
    That was just an idea I pulled out of my head quickly, but I mean, Anyone could do It really, Wrathion could, since he was heavily involved with the Garrosh campaign, Warlord Zaela could, Anduin could ( he was seen talking to Garrosh in the prison in the 5.5 mini spoiler), heck, even Jaina could, as much as she hated Garrosh.

My personal bet is on Kairoz though, it's quite clear that he's malicious, and in one of the Visions of time quests, it looks like he kills Soridormi, and he's standing over Garrosh's fight while the faction leaders and champions look on, he's a bronze dragon after all, we continue to give him Epoch stones after the last Vision of Time quest, and it isn't specified what he uses them for, he could quite easily take Gorehowl and give it to Garrosh, before taking him back in time, this would explain the further usage of the Epoch stones.

Yeah it blew my mind. I don't think Blizzard planned it but if they did, just wow. Great job OP for this theory. I always wondered why the Gorehowl dropped from him. This would make the whole thing so much better.