Immerseus hc aggro problems

We had 10 attempts last night at Immerseus hc, our first night in SoO hc modes. We didn't reach past the first phase 1 as there were aggro problems. I am a guardian druid 558 ilvl and the other tank is a pala tank in the 550s. When switching after the first blast, I ran around picking up adds, yet even when they glyphs and only used single target attacks on Immerseus, all of the adds went directly to them but I can't understand why.

Can someone clarify that when an add is spawned by a player it goes for that player first?

Trying to think of ways to sort it out as it's causing us an early wipe as the pala drops dead quickly with the boss and adds on them.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    We had 10 attempts last night at Immerseus hc, our first night in SoO hc modes. We didn't reach past the first phase 1 as there were aggro problems. I am a guardian druid 558 ilvl and the other tank is a pala tank in the 550s. When switching after the first blast, I ran around picking up adds, yet even when they glyphs and only used single target attacks on Immerseus, all of the adds went directly to them but I can't understand why.

Can someone clarify that when an add is spawned by a player it goes for that player first?

Trying to think of ways to sort it out as it's causing us an early wipe as the pala drops dead quickly with the boss and adds on them.
    Pala should tank boss first, run with eternal flame and have his hot up and all the adds will just run to him, then just tank ontop of him and cleave em down in seconds.

The whole raid should be on 1 platform then just move the boss 1 platform away for blasts.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-11-08 at 03:40 PM.

He usually swirls after the adds are coming out, at which point he doesn't attack you, so feel free to run around and pick up adds/turn your back to him..and even when he's attacking me, I still turn my back to him, the only thing that does real damage is corrosive blast. Melee is nothing. Just try to have people be in the same general area. You're a guardian druid! spam AoE! Use Incarnation and just spam Thrash, no? (idk much about Druids).. have the Pally Hand of Salv the healer with the most threat? Light's Hammer? Misdirect? Tricks? I'm sure you have more than enough tools to get all of them to your desired tank without much of a problem.

Deleted
    Pretty much what runeeBH said, its important to understand that tanks doesn't have to be out of raid unless corrosive blast comes, so about 5 secs before it comes tank runs away and pops a CD and takes the blast. Else both tanks might as well pick up adds while tanking boss.

TBH you shouldnt be having much trouble as a druid, but tell your pally to try speccing out of EF, it gives a lot of aggro.

Either way, there will always be some adds on the guy tanking Immerseus, but this isn't a big deal. If you are unable to get a majority of the adds off of the MT, just have your rdps move closer to him a bit faster and cleave down the adds quite fast. A big problem with Immerseues though is dps not knowing how to manage their stacks, if you are having trouble with adds, go a bit slower (dont get more than 2-3 stacks).

Deleted
    holydin with rf works nicely.