Solo Tanking SoO

So I'm RL and MT of our 10 man raid, and I was curious as to which fights in general are solo tankable in SoO, mostly heroic going forward because I need to get an idea of when we can have our OT who has a decent dps set go ret to up numbers.

So far from what I've seen with a high amount of dps, Immerseus is, Malkorok's 2nd phase can be, Thok can, are those the only 3? Thanks for any and all answers.

would think 2nd boss would be possible too. Some decent damage on the tank and spiky etc, but possible.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Normal garrosh should be soloable if you can have a druid with HoTW or similar for intermission part where you have to split into right and left.

other then that just rotate cds when hitting high stacks during p2. >???>loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    would think 2nd boss would be possible too. Some decent damage on the tank and spiky etc, but possible.
    I thought so too, but wouldn't the stun from Rook line up poorly with the gouge from He, and cause deaths? Just a thought.

The only fight on heroic where it would actually be advantageous to your progression to solo tank is Thok. On the other fights, it is either impossible, or it just makes things more difficult for progression.

Appreciate the input Cryo, I'll be certain to keep that in mind, do you suggest doing a solo soak of phase 2 of malk on heroic?

pretty much have to solo soak p2 malkrok

My guild soaks it with both tanks (Me + Brewmaster) but there are certainly plenty of guilds that solo soak it. Depends what works best for your group really

Quote Originally Posted by kiblermission View Post
    I thought so too, but wouldn't the stun from Rook line up poorly with the gouge from He, and cause deaths? Just a thought.
    Yeah. That is the problem but it is something you see coming, after all
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    No you don't. Killed it both ways, it doesn't really make much difference to be honest.

Deleted
    the following you can solo tank:

- immerseus
    - malkorok
    - garrosh

which I/we dont tried:
    - protectors( not easy when you get gouged & stunned from corruption shock at the same time)
    - thok
    - galakras could be possible with a feral/warrior in tank stance/form for towers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    first kill we raid soaked it using roars to clear debuff (10man), 2nd we had tank solo soak - can do it both ways

in terms of what you can solo tank on hc:
    first - easy
    2nd - easy enough can break the stuns to turn ur back where you need too
    3rd - can be done would need healers to soak i guess and would be horribly painful guess could SS you and do it that way iv taken up to 10 stacks with no real hassle before
    4th - if you have a dps taunt off for all the pride debuffs i guess you can
    5th - possible, frost / unholy going blood press with army could do 2nd tower i guess , and ams can stop the stacks on you if you time it right
    6th - maybe would be horribly painful but maybe with a tactical death
    7th - doubt it too long and messy can take well over 10 stacks easy mode but yeah just no XD
    8th - na - room would be filled with ravages and yeah executes would hurt
    9th - in theory yes - but stacks would be way too high so doubt it - could have a melee taunt so you dont have to soak the cleave with anyone else but you are still looking at insane amounts of stacks in p1s
    10th nope
    11th yes ofc thok easy
    12th - i guess maybe
    13th - nope
    14th - yes but you would need major raid cds for the explosions in the 3rd phase (probably more than you can provide XD), other than that it is easy enough

- - - Updated - - -

basically there are a few you can but meh not really worth the hassle - and the rest which are possible would take 20 times longer to do it and would probably need the whole raid in bis gear to even attempt some of them.

Only boss that is really worth solotanking during progression is Thok, and possibly Immerseus.

For the other fights it's easier to just bring a 2nd tank.

Normal Immersues and Thok (HC and Normal) are both Solo tankable with out anything weird or having to have other players do any kind of taunt swapping or other gimmicks.

and of course P2 Makorok is ALOT of fun to solo tank. 1 Mill Vengeance on 25 man FTW

Deleted
    ive managed to solo tank Immerseus HC. because we have great dps, so i never got more then 1-2 debuffs.