Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renrawr View Post
    Disappointed that Draenei and Blood Elfs aren't getting a new character model especially as Draenei is one of the two main races this expansion lore wise.
    Indeed makes me sad as I play belfs and draenei mostly

personally i didnt want another new race and class. We have a shit load of classes right now that cover absolutely everything and balancing them all is hard as balls. Every new race dilutes the story presence of all the others and themselves. A lot of races really need more representation in the overall WoW plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Those are old armor sets.. The dwarf is just wearing the set from the character creation screen. I'm sure the old Molten Core sets still have very low res too. Doesn't mean new stuff will be the same.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...16_druid_m.jpg

Take a look at some T16, while there's a few pieces with texture and detail (Belt, Shoulders, Helm) the rest is basically a flat texture across a slightly bumpy surface, you can even see the exact same models for gear only with different textures placed over it.

I'm not trying to suggest they should redo all armor in-game however i believe they should be looking towards fleshing out the pieces of armor which need it, the chest, gloves, boots adding bits n pieces to add depth and distinction.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...night_male.jpg

http://manaflask.com/system/ckeditor..._malev2_1_.jpg

Just a quick example, take a look at the 2 Boots.. the only difference is the flat texture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post
    Once again, this was only the opening ceremony so nothing is set in stone. Wait for the proper revealing of WoD and then cry me a river if needed, for now it's funny how people make facts in their minds when all we have is a trailer and a website with no real info yet.
    I think people are drawing conclusions based off of Blizzard track record.

To me this xpac just reeks of Cataclysm... Outland redone, no real lore just retelling of wc2 and wc1 storyline. Already confirmed 2 rehashes of classic dungeons....

I could be wrong about thid xpac being a fail (especially with a free 90) but im probably not.

You know, the boost to 90 seems to make more sense when you think about what content we know of so far, very little 'low level content', other than Wrath, every expansion has had 'something' new for low level, 1-60 range of the game. If they forgo adding any to that and focus on endgame, than it would make perfect sense, we just need some reasonable way of doing it.

I mean, the site even implies it in a way that I'd thought make some people happy 'whether you're new or RETURNING to...'

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    To me this xpac just reeks of Cataclysm... Outland redone, no real lore just retelling of wc2 and wc1 storyline. Already confirmed 2 rehashes of classic dungeons....
    Outlands is not being redone--they are making an entirely new area for Draenor. Taken from the front page:

Catacylsm changed up the zones, but WoD zones are rebuilt from scratch, not just modifying Outland.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8626402720
    The Dark Below has been registered for 'Titan', not World of Warcraft as is the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Niisama View Post
    Outlands is not being redone--they are making an entirely new area for Draenor. Taken from the front page:
    Yeah, I mean, have people even seen Shadowmoon Valley? If that's a 'revamp' and not something entirely new...then...I don't even know.

Frostfire Ridge is an entirely new Area, it looks like it was part of Outlands that got blasted off, and Tanaan Jungle, AKA 'Hellfire', is a freaking Jungle. These are not just the same locales with slight ecological changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    instant 90 is nice for classes im too lazy to level but i still wouldnt go back

Oh wow, you know, I just noticed something. The nights they showed for some of those zones is pretty dark. Looks like we might be having 'darker nights' again(orgrimmar was mereley a setback!...for darker nights)

"Oh hello guys, we ran out of ideas about how to advance the Warcraft storyline, so we're just going to travel back in time!"

No innovations, no new races, no new classes, just a poor story and a few things like customized defense which is borrowed from other games.....F hell even the map is 85% outlandish. What do you smoke inside blizzard's Headquarters ????? Are we gonna cheer with tears of joy because you FINALLY decided to improve character models after all those years it has been asked for???

Shameful mention: one char boost to 90....what a cheap marketing trick. Looks like we dont have enough noobs already that know @#! about their class in LFR...........You got us for a min ghostcrawler but that was it all you did.

This is the first expansion that was a letdown for me. Every other had something unique, something I wanted to check out. Here - nothing. Disappointing, Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post

No innovations, no new races, no new classes, just a poor story and a few things like customized defense which is borrowed from other games.....F hell even the map is 85% outlandish. What do you smoke inside blizzard's Headquarters ????? Are we gonna cheer with tears of joy because you FINALLY decided to improve character models after all those years it has been asked for???

Shameful mention: one char boost to 90....what a cheap marketing trick. Looks like we dont have enough noobs already that know @#! about their class in LFR...........You got us for a min ghostcrawler but that was it all you did.
    85% outlandish? Have you even seen the damn thing? Really, go take a look at the Shadow-moon Valley they're showing, or Tanaan Jungle? Do those look like their current counterparts? Hell, Frostfire Ridge doesn't even EXIST in Outlands of TBC(which as we can tell, looks like it got blown off). This is not 'Cqata touch up', so far it looks like the promise of it being 'from the ground up' is right, these are new zones....

Please, please, THINK before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    85% outlandish? Have you even seen the damn thing? Really, go take a look at the Shadow-moon Valley they're showing, or Tanaan Jungle? Do those look like their current counterparts? Hell, Frostfire Ridge doesn't even EXIST in Outlands of TBC(which as we can tell, looks like it got blown off). This is not 'Cqata touch up', so far it looks like the promise of it being 'from the ground up' is right, these are new zones....

Please, please, THINK before you post.
    I dont have to m8. This expansion looks like an armor tier recolored. If Mentzen had anything to make us scream in agony he would throw it on the table, like they did in previous expansions.....Tanaan jungle??? you gonna pay 60 or more euros / dollars because some parts on the map look new??? In your shoes I would think before I buy because this doesnt look like the previous deals blizz offered to us.

I dont have to m8. This expansion looks like an armor tier recolored. If Mentzen had anything to make us scream in agony he would throw it on the table, like they did in previous expansions.....Tanaan jungle??? you gonna pay 60 or more euros / dollars because some parts on the map look new??? In your shoes I would think before I buy because this doesnt look like the previous deals blizz offered to us.
    They have! Look at the fucking web page for draenor, the official Blizzard youtube account's videos for it, hell, even the pics they have for the other zones. No way in HELL does any of it look like TBC Outlands. Only one that may is Nagrand, 1 out of 7...

Edit: Here, since I doubt you'll even try to go to the page,

Here's Shadow-moon Valley, http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...hot-6-full.jpg http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...ot-10-full.jpg ,

Here's the new zone Frostfire Ridge http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...ot-12-full.jpg

Here's another piece of land(not sure which, might be Gorgrong going off the backstory of it), http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...ot-22-full.jpg http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...ot-25-full.jpg

And lastly, Tanaan, which there are no pictures of, but it would be quite the task if bliz were able to MAKE a jungle look like Hellfire....

Jesus, some of you are hard to please. I think it looked great. Part primitive-looking raw nature and part highly evolved civilizations in form of the draenai. Nothing like a TBC revamp and yet its clearly the same continent. Being connected to your past is important and I for one cant wait to experience the tales from the past.
    Everyone who hates wow at its current state seems to love TBC; and now that they gave you back that very continent, you whine about it?

so um....why is conan o'brien casting a WoW tournament??

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that draenor is going to be separate from outland right? You will have access to both draenor and outland not just a redo of outland so you can never go back to old outland. What cata did was replaced old azaroth but they are not going to replace outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Indeed makes me sad as I play belfs and draenei mostly
    I don't have the stream, but in the list of 'announcements' in that big list on the main page, I saw that they're doing Blood Elves and Draenei as well eventually(it had wording like 'at some point into the expansion'), Maybe that female Draenei in the trailer was an example of that...

I couldn't find it on the WoD webpage, but it is likely they haven't put it in that 'preview' section yet even as a 'tbd' option because it's that far out.

This looks awesome. Cannot wait.