Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too many people assume too many things on this forum...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters

Presumably when you activate WOD, you can select one of your characters to be boosted to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    I'd actually be with you if that was a store option, but for the moment we just know that EVERYBODY will get ONE 90 with the pruchase of WoD.
    How in the world would you be with him. What part of getting to 90 (10 levels below level cap) Pay 2 win?

LEVEL 90 CHARACTER UPGRADE
    Arise a Champion
    Opposing the Iron Horde are the heroes of Azeroth—at the heights of power they’ve always been destined for. Even if you’re new or returning to the game, Warlords empowers you to immediately upgrade one of your characters to level 90 and master new abilities at the gateway to Draenor, so that you can charge into grand combat right away. Play the races and classes you’ve always wanted to try, wage war alongside your friends, and take your place among Warcraft’s finest.

Dunno...
    From WoD official site
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...racter-upgrade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Killing 5000 boars teaches you how to play on a heroic mode level, news at eleven.
    Heroic is not even meant for the common folk anyway. But most people nowadays can't even play properly on a LFR mode lvl.

New or returning to the game.. so active players don't get it. Sounds like the one off level 80 you get for accepting a scroll of res.

Deleted
    It's simple. 90 to 100 leveling will be amazing...and we all hate grinding so

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    New or returning to the game.. so active players don't get it. Sounds like the one off level 80 you get for accepting a scroll of res.
    Keyword: ANYONE

Means every last person. Its targeted towards new and returning players, but its still available to anyone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    "Even if you're new or returning to the game..."

What I take from it is that every account will be able to select a single character to boost to level 90. It helps get people into the new expansion quickly, while not getting rid of grinding for new players.

Personally, I think it's either a great idea or the best way to troll everyone in the community.

My speculation is that the boost to 90 is for players who already have a level 90 character. Brand spankin' new players would still have to level it out.

Though, 1 to 100 might seem a bit daunting for a new player and, in this case, you have the old heirlooms sitting around. So make them more accessible to new players through gold or quests?

Just theory crafting for the fun of it - I believe Everquest 2 is doing something similar but, I don't know the specifics.

Edit: Nevermind - Pardo confirmed that the boost is for one character when they buy the expansion. Not as terrible as people may make it out to be.
    Last edited by Siduri; 2013-11-08 at 08:28 PM.

I definitely think this is a big selling point for new players or to lure people back a smart choice

I think it might be limited to 1 character and maybe if you remove him/her you could get another one to 90.
    Last edited by Horizon; 2013-11-08 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siduri View Post
    My speculation is that the boost to 90 is for players who already have a level 90 character. Brand spankin' new players would still have to level it out.

Though, 1 to 100 might seem a bit daunting for a new player and, in this case, you have the old heirlooms sitting around. So make them more accessible to new players through gold or quests?

Just theory crafting for the fun of it - I believe Everquest 2 is doing something similar but, I don't know the specifics.
    Wrong. It includes new players as well

"Even if you’re new or returning to the game, Warlords empowers you to immediately upgrade..."

"Warlords of Draenor also empowers players to instantly boost one character to level 90, making it so anyone can join the battle for Draenor alongside their friends."
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...enor-revealed/

15+ Year Old Account
    As you and your allies win victories, you’ll be duly rewarded—any quest can randomly award bonus rare or epic items. Stand beside legends. Break the tide of steel.
    epics from quests, inb4 game to ez
    Sig by Safhira

Buy the expansion and you get one free 90, from the Live Stream.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    epics from quests, inb4 game to ez
    More welfare. boooooooooooooo.

Deleted
    It's only for 1 character when u buy the expansion.

In regions where players purchase World of Warcraft expansions, each World of Warcraft account that you upgrade to the Warlords of Draenor expansion will receive one level-90 character boost (to be used once the expansion releases). You don’t need to decide which character to boost immediately.
    Source: LINK

So multiple accounts on the same name, then transfer brand new 90 to main account. Easy to bypass the one only rule.

When you buy the game you will be allowed to boost 1 character to level 90.
    I'm watching TV in my brain

Just said it's 1 free 90 given to players when they purchase the expansion. People probably should have waited for a clarification before going nuts...