Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No new race, no new class, no new profession, no new stat or something

pretty disappointing tbh.

Deleted
    Yes, because this "oh this announcement sucked, so boring" rant hasn't been around the forums after pretty much most xpacs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    After christ metzen* lulling is to sleep, that had to be the worst expansion announcement I have seen. Nothing to look forward to whatsoever... hope these panels spark it up. But hey, we got updated character models!
    All you have done on this forum the last 2 years is bitch on wow, Bitch on Blizzard. Voicing your shitty oppinion that has no constructive criticism

What did you expect the reveal to be?
    How could Metzen have done any better? he did a good job!
    Please just go play the games you play now and comment on those and let wow players discuss wow.

I think the problem WoW and Blizzard are having now is the game is so old and so big already that they simply can't bolt features on as easily as they could in the past. For example a new class.. what would it do? Another hybrid? A healer? DPS? Tank? There doesn't seem to be an obvious hole for a new class.

Problem is.. new classes are often a big draw with expansions and a LOT of people roll new classes. There were so many pandas in MoP. That breadcrumb is not there with this expansion... so players stick to their current mains and alts.

I'm pretty sure I felt more pumped up for MoP.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Don't buy it then?
    But where else will I get my MMO fix from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind going in back in time. I don't mind giong back to outland before it was well outland. I like seeing heroes of yore and classic villains. The expansion is just very light on new features. It's okay I guess. I'll probably get to hit 100 still but I mean no new race no new classes very little new anything. *shrug* Hopefully it's more than just some updated models and new raids. Honestly feels more like a big patch.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-11-08 at 08:31 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    Exactly. This isnt a goddam patch trailer their should have been cgi.
    Uh, the entire trailer was cgi, or do you not know what cgi is?

But yeah, haters gonna hate with this one.

Gronn cannons....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yes, because this "oh this announcement sucked, so boring" rant hasn't been around the forums after pretty much most xpacs.
    Yeah but at least other expansions actually had more features. :/ Say what you want about lore and story lines etc etc.. but the features count can't be ignored. It's low.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    WoW is dead in 3,2,1 ....
    Someone said, ~8 years 11 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    There was nothing unexpected in the trailer, absolutely nothing. I think that is the weirdest and most underwhelming part.
    I mean yea nothing really stood out and said whoa that's neat. Theirs nothing BAD about it or nothing shitty about it. I expect it'll be cool to see most of those lore figures and interact and deal with them. It'll certainly be better than BS panda lore. But theirs nothing that says whoa that's awesome..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Like, they really don't see that Wow is losing subs? Do they actually wanna bury this game? WTF. Metzen just said in the interview "Emerald dream" wouldn't make sense, but time travel DOES? WTF. This guy....
    Time travel is a well integrated part of the lore that has existed for years and years. All the legit complaints about time travel are that it could be written badly and end up being underwhelming but it's perfectly fine otherwise.

And, since people seem to have forgotten what Emerald Dream actually is, it's Azeroth the it would have been with no interference of humanoids. AND it's the size of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend, Pandaria and the Great Sea combined. Basically, it would be boring nature expansion with just nature nature and more nature (zones like Ashenvale are fine as long as there is variety but do you want to see five continents worth of Ashenvale?) that would inevitably be empty because it's the size of five continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Nothing was explained - why Draenor? What's happening? Who is the enemy?
    this exactly. no one can make even a decent opinion of the game yet.

Question is, what happens when past Gorehowl meets present Gorehowl? Does Garrosh still even have Gorehowl? If he doesn't then where is it?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    FLOP in every sense of the word. Rehashed Lore, no new class or races. Same old Rawr!!! bad Orcs Rawr!!!. Just Bullshit.
    dingdingding winner.
    I am so far, truly disapoint.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    The shark tank is this way... please wait patiently while we set up our ramps.....
    I was thinking the exact same thing... They have officially gone too far. Next thing you know they are gonna add in the cute adorable red head step child to "freshen" up the jokes. le sigh.

#feeling underwhelmed

The only way I will be coming back to play this is if its a FREE patch, and not a $40.00 expansion.

I won't say anything, I will wait until tomorrow after everything has been releaved... but I expected MUCH MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    at least those other rants had: classes, races, skills, etc

We have... wait, is there even a villain? oh thats right we're going back in time for Outlands v2 on our level 90s with 0 days played.

We just saw an expansion reveal and saw virtually nothing except character models.
    Models that are only 10% complete according to their own website.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I mean yea nothing really stood out and said whoa that's neat. Theirs nothing BAD about it or nothing shitty about it. I expect it'll be cool to see most of those lore figures and interact and deal with them. It'll certainly be better than BS panda lore. But theirs nothing that says whoa that's awesome..
    When you define "wow, that's awesome" as only coming from the announcement of races or classes, yeah, sure, but that's overly narrow thinking.

With ten new levels and new WORLD on the verge of an all out war and new models and player housing and SEVEN big bads do you honestly expect to be bored?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah but at least other expansions actually had more features. :/ Say what you want about lore and story lines etc etc.. but the features count can't be ignored. It's low.
    The fact that questing has been redefined, and that (from what I understand) any quest can reward xp, gear and allow you to explore the world without restraint, is a pretty big feature.

Along with garrison building, which whilst doesn't grab me by the horns, is still a large feature if you take the time to wait for a proper breakdown of it.

Along with updated character models. How anyone could view this as not positive, not exciting and rather disappointing, is beyond me.

Source for bolded parts: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I don't mind going in back in time. I don't mind giong back to outland before it was well outland. I like seeing heroes of yore and classic villains. The expansion is just very light on new features. It's okay I guess. I'll probably get to hit 100 still but I mean no new race no new classes very little new anything. *shrug*
    >.>

To establish a foothold on Draenor once they’ve arrived, the displaced champions of the Horde and Alliance will be able to construct their own Garrison, an expandable, customizable stronghold that will serve as each player’s personal base of operations throughout the course of the expansion. As the Garrison grows, players will be able to recruit NPC allies and followers to take up residence, gathering resources and embarking on missions on the player’s orders.
    WE GET PLAYER HOUSING!!!! FINALLY AFTER 9 YEARS. Granted it would be useful for this expansion only, but we will probably get a new better housing system in the expansion after that if this is successful.