Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    To be fair, what was announced was a 10 level expac, a new Zone the size of Outland+, player housing, and that was just the teaser, right?
    There very well may be new races / classes, that wasn't the full announcement.
    You mean continent, not zone, and you're getting Outland rehashed, not a new continent. I'm sure there will be some changes, Just like Azeroth got 'some' changes in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SquishySquirrel View Post
    It feels like "one of the patch trailers" because it essentially IS a patch trailer.
    That's not what I meant. I meant the content on display here feels more or less what you'd get in a patch. Not what you'd get ina trailer. Now I said more or less because obviously it's somewhat more but not what we've got from expansions before. Dude they had to advertise new items and quests as stuff because the video was just that empty.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    True, but I think he was referring to WoW in its current state. With all the new games coming in 2014, new tech, graphics etc... In my opinion WoW is not keeping up with the Jones' This new bleak reveal may very well lead to a fast decline in subs. I don't think WoW is dead, but I feel the vast majority of people interest have been hanging by strings. The preverbal scissors may have been unleashed
    Not gonna completely disagree, but the fact people repeat the same thing, over and over again makes it a little tiresome.

I mean the announcement wasn't even an hour ago.

Seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidusbr View Post
    Mists of Pandaria.
    Exactly right.. the sound of a pin drop I recall it being compared to.

No races or classes - i'm ok with that
    WORLD PVP ZONE - oh... kinda like tol'barad... and wintergrasp... whoop-dee-do.
    No new pvp features - RBGs / arena imbalance is worst it's ever been
    No item squish - inc 50000 stamina bracers
    Level "squish" for mains - level 90 instantly. that's really nice. hope that all players get one free boost, not just new / returning. may encourage people to quit 3 months out
    Player housing - but it's just another farming daily zone like the panda farm. that was 'my farm' and i wasn't excited about that, nor will i be excited about 100s of people flying into my garrison only to mysteriously vanish...
    No ability reduction... game still too complicated for serious esports.

All in all, underwhelming. nothing for pvpers... nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than pandas.... about all you can say about this expansion. This game will continue losing subs as they put out pointless expansions.

Have fun with your game.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    You mean continent, not zone, and you're getting Outland rehashed, not a new continent. I'm sure there will be some changes, Just like Azeroth got 'some' changes in Cata.
    Actually, Outland most likely won't be changed, this is whole new continent, Draenor, which will be instanced from Azeroth and Outland. I don't know this but I'd say it's 99% likely.

And, Draenor is much LARGER than Outland because Outland is just the wreckage of Dreanor, so the new WORLD may very have multiple continents and such

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I guess I mean it's a good thing I'm not gonna shit no it but I have a feeling that it will turn out to be this expansions scenarios. *shrug* I don't know we'll see. I'm excited to go bback to remade outland and deal with lore heroes and 10 more levels.

I mean yea they advertised NEW ITEMS NEW QUESTS NEW RAIDS AND DUNGEONS (the later of which should come as no small relief I should add)as features it's like well I mean were you really that light on new stuff to show us?
    More like this expansion's ranch.

The only problem with the ranch is you can't customise it, just "grow" it in a pre-defined way. You can't even name the darn place after it's been handed over to you.

Also the farming mechanic is just fail. They should have just copied farmville or whatever farming sim is out there. Planting and harvesting of crops is such PITA that personally once I have levelled cooking I stopped.

The questing change is worth mentioning though. Quests since BC have been very "streamlined", you follow a fix path from point A to point B. It's practically on-rails. It seems they are going to loosen it up the coming expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelys View Post
    Not gonna completely disagree, but the fact people repeat the same thing, over and over again makes it a little tiresome.

I mean the announcement wasn't even an hour ago.

Seriously.
    You are absolutely right, but it was the Hype people have felt and speculated on for the lead up, only to be left with a WTF face. true new info may come out but its that initial shock that people are upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishySquirrel View Post
    Actually, Outland most likely won't be changed, this is whole new continent, Draenor, which will be instanced from Azeroth and Outland. I don't this but I'd say it's 99% likely.

And, Draenor is much LARGER than Outland because Outland is just the wreckage of Dreanor, so the new WORLD may very have multiple continents and such
    It looks a similar size to Outland.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters

Guess I won't be subbing for this Xpac, I'll miss WoW. Nostalgia hits once in a while.
    Seriously though, I thought this trailer was fan made as a joke. Its the best Blizzard could produce?

This is good news for Wildstars and Everquest Next.
    Blizzard literally shot themselves in the foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    More like this expansion's ranch.

The only problem with the ranch is you can't customise it, just "grow" it in a pre-defined way. You can't even name the darn place after it's been handed over to you.

Also the farming mechanic is just fail. They should have just copied farmville or whatever farming sim is out there. Planting and harvesting of crops is such PITA that personally once I have levelled cooking I stopped.
    I do imagine they will have iterated this a bit more than the farm but I mean you never know. It could just be a reskinned ranch. Either way still can you imagine if the panda or cataclysm or wotlk trailers were just here you go heres a farm/garrison enjoy?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    No that's it. That's all there is. The website only has that.

They don't hold back features. They tell you everything at the announcement. There are no new races or classes. I think the game has simply run out of room for them.
    I suppose I'm a bit disappointed about no new races / classes, but then, it seems solid in about every other aspect.
    We have old Draenor to look forward to, and old Draenor's characters that we've never encountered in-game before, that'll be a mighty loregasm to meet and fight those guys, not to mention Draenor is gonna be, as I said, an Outland+ Zone in terms of size, this X-Pac will likely give us more land-mass than any that came before it.
    Garrisons look excellent, like they could soak up a bunch of time and be real fun.
    I admit it's a re-hash in terms of Lore used, going up against the Hellscreams again, and, again, no new race/class, but I think the sizable new continent, ten levels of new, lore-gasmic content.
    Pretty hyped to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? This expansion looks amazing. Yeah ok it's different and there's no clear end boss but since when does an expansion need one? I am sooo excited for this. To be honest I'm more excited than MoP, nearly as excited as Wotlk.

IN this thread someone does not know that this was the reveal and if you look at the Con timeline details are forth coming, sigh.

So, there's no race or classes for the first time ever in an expansion, but there are character models which everyone apparently wanted "so so bad", but now, it seems like it's getting lost in all the negativity. I mean, this is what all of you wanted, right? If it's not one thing, it's another with everyone. Yeesh.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the WoD is fine but if there was a demonhunter would be much better. i am pretty sure that kil'jaden will be coming for ner'zhul again and we face also demons maybe...and where are the DEMONHUNTERS when they are needed

This expansion has a lot of potential. Definitely better than MoP, i'm just glad that whole thing is over & we're getting back to the roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystinn View Post
    This expansion has a lot of potential. Definitely better than MoP, i'm just glad that whole thing is over & we're getting back to the roots.
    Last time I heard that was when we were leaving Wrath and entering Cataclysm.

Be careful what you wish for...