Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Lol at people saying you're negative because you don't like something? I think this expansion looks fucking horrible. I'm negative towards shit I don't like, if it was good I'd be positive, simple as that
    I liked your expansion logo more than blizzard's
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Lol at people saying you're negative because you don't like something? I think this expansion looks fucking horrible. I'm negative towards shit I don't like, if it was good I'd be positive, simple as that
    Forum goers are always, always negative towards everything unless it's something they specifically cooked up in their heads. Sure, being negative some of the time, cool, but being negative all the time?

Anyone could have and did predict that there would be negative response here no matter what Blizzard did, and there was negative response. In fact, the fact that it isn't overly negative speaks a lot that the expansion isn't bad. I mean, I haven't seen any "im quitting wowz!!!1!" threads yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    You won't have to pay for the models. They will more than likely be added before the expansion in a future patch. Another thing I noticed was, people complained about not wanting something like new races or classes, saying Blizzard should focus on balancing what they have, so they don't release anything and now people are backtracking and complaining about it. It's just so funny reading all the threads, some only a few days ago on this very subject. Fast forward and suddenly it's as if people are in shock that there's nothing there. Amazing what happens a few short days later. lol.
    Wat? Demon Hunters, Tinkerers, etc chat?

Show me the hundreds of threads about people not wanting new race/classes before today. A new class OR race is usually one of the main aspects to a new expansion.. This one had neither.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Garrosh probably, or Grom.
    Maybe even Gul'Dan hyped up into some hyper-mega demon form.
    My bet is on gul'dan. However, no matter what we do a certain aspect of the past has to happen since we got to deal with the whole f**King time travel thing.

The fel blood has to happen, all the corruption of the orcs has to happen and the old story has to happen. It's an expansion to go back in time so the future can stay the same cause there not going to redo the current content.

That kind of expansion makes my stomach turn. It was good for a dungeons or a singular raid but an entire expansion based on it just so they can reuse some old characters and lore.

I'm just not sold yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    You may be right but doesn't that even make it worse to some sense? Meaning new race models are just an update and not part of a new experience (from a perspective standpoint).
    You're dead on there. It was just used as a selling point and hype mechanic that every toon will get no matter if they buy the expansion or not. Kinda makes the expansion information even more lackluster.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-11-08 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishySquirrel View Post
    Forum goers are always, always negative towards everything unless it's something they specifically cooked up in their heads. Sure, being negative some of the time, cool, but being negative all the time?

Anyone could have and did predict that there would be negative response here no matter what Blizzard did, and there was negative response. In fact, the fact that it isn't overly negative speaks a lot that the expansion isn't bad. I mean, I haven't seen any "im quitting wowz!!!1!" threads yet.
    nope that is wrong. For every single expansion before this one, the fourms were overly positive with hype. The fact that its a mixed signal says something.
    Chronomancer Club

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Garrosh probably, or Grom.
    Maybe even Gul'Dan hyped up into some hyper-mega demon form.
    Wrathion im guessing.

nope that is wrong. For every single expansion before this one, except MOP, the fourms were overly positive. The fact that its a mixed signal says something.
    Chronomancer Club

I would just like to add that while I am excited for a new expansion to World of Warcraft, I was in fact underwhelmed with the reveal. I kept waiting for the new race/class and there was none. I wondered what the new technology would be, and saw nothing. It looks like a big patch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Wrathion im guessing.
    That was be a stupid waste of a well developed anti-hero character.
    Chronomancer Club

This is better than MoP or CATA - IMO

Deleted
    So people who don't like what you like should not post on these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I don't know why people keep thinking this. Did they say they aren't going to be updating them? Because if they didn't, don't you think they will be?
    The website has a section for the models and it only has the vanilla races available to click. Only 3 are active, the rest are greyed out. But this indicates only the original races are getting the new model treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The website has a section for the models and it only has the vanilla races available to click. Only 3 are active, the rest are greyed out. But this indicates only the original races are getting the new model treatment.
    It really blows my mind how Char Models outdated by a decade is such a hard thing to make for a billion dollar game and company. I just don't get it. Every other game I had just released new models with a patch, it wasnt a major issue. How does WoW not have the resources to bang them out in months time? It's not like WoW has groundbreaking graphics it has to live up to. It must not mesh with combat or the technnology, who knows. I mean we can all say "WoW being old is why updating the models is so hard" but it's not like the NEW models are stellar by any modern ranking.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-11-08 at 09:22 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    So people who don't like what you like should not post on these boards?
    For me, this negativity is unjustified, we get new continent, new models, player housing, ten more levels and story which has the potential to be the best story in WoW.

But because there are no new classes or races it's "underwhelming". The reaction is as predictable as it is boring.

Also, I never said you shouldn't post nor did I ever try to stop someone from posting. I am smart enough to know forums will always be overly negative towards everything and I can't change that culture. It's why I don't post that much in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    Exactly. This isnt a goddam patch trailer their should have been cgi.
    No, they don't use CGI for their reveals. Cinematics, sure, bring on the CGI, but not reveals.

waiting classes talking before giving any opinion tho , beside HEROES OF STORM !!!!! screw wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    After chris metzen* lulling us to sleep by stalling as long as possible on stage, that had to be the worst expansion announcement I have seen. Nothing to look forward to whatsoever... hope these panels spark it up. But hey, we got updated character models that are 10% done?

I've never watched an expansion trailer and then asked myself "okay... but what is it?"
    This was the announcement trailer, the cinematic trailer still has to come. But yes, I agree for a big part. SO far nothing that got me really excited about the next expansion, going back to Outland does not help either....
    We'll see what the upcoming period will reveal about the game and maybe I can get excited.

Deleted
    My questions:
    1) MoP was pushing the story forward, so I was expecting something to push the story even further into gigantic events (Argus, K'aresh, Nathrezim homeworld, N'zoth + Azshara, Burning Legion + Sargeras, Fallen Titans+Rebuild Final Titan). Now, can someone please explain me how we move forward by going backwards in story-telling?
    2) And why the map of "Draenor" is EXACTLY the same like OUTLAND in TBC? Did that world explode to pieces or not? So... what is the difference of Draenor and Outland? Just some flying rocks and jungles? Where is the new world feeling? Is this again a Cataclysm revamp or something?
    3) Garrison feature is a guild city? Or just another farm-like that instead of growing crops I will "grow" NPCs to do stuff for me, which is implied atm on the blizz website?

I am so confused for this expansion as I was never before for any other...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it didn't actively make me angry or disgusted like the MoP trailer did. Does that mean it's better or worse?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really glad there are threads like this... saves me the headache from ever going back to WoW. I just don't understand why some players want WoW to become a worse game. From their perspective, they think it'll work, but they give no logical thought into how the new class/race/feature will affect the game. At this point, the only thing blizzard can add is races. If they had another class, you might aswell ask blizzard to make one class and based on the way you play, you gain different abilties... yea that's an entirely new system, but they might as well since class diversity is pretty much gone. I used to log into WoW during TBC and smile thinking about how unique my class was. I knew melee loved me for windfury totem, they loved me for my strength totem etc. I actually served a purpose in a raid because I had abilities no other class had. Like w/ shadow priests and being mana batteries, you never see that shit now. "We need kings!" Uh we have a druid... "We need bloodlust!" Uh we have a hunter...

I'll leave WoW to those that currently enjoy it, because it seems that those same players don't give a damn about the game and don't really care what direction it goes in. I fought for WoW during cata... I forced myself to play it, trying to find the light in the game, but it was gone. Rehashed PvE content, broken PvP seasons due to MMR glitching, new players begging for features that would literally ruin the game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.