Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Spent a ton of money to go to Blizzcon this year.....for WoD first look. 20 members of our guild all came out together. Pretty freaking upset to say the least. WoD looks worse than MoP. Even Cata looked better at the start. Not to mention nearly all the "new" features are copied right off others games. Build a Garrison, getting followers, follower quests, and everything is a complete SWTOR rip off. I mean serious you get a ship you customize, followers, and everything. Blizz ripped off SWTOR hardcore.

Secondly what happened to storyline? Time travel to the past and screw up the lore.........totally interesting..... Then removing "unwanted stats like hit and expertise"............are we serious here??? We only get 6 instances.......and more god forsaken scenarios........

Voting with my wallet. Not buying this huge piece of shit. I'll be purchasing ESO and our guild is switching over. I mean seriously it can't be worse than WoW now days. Now wonder this game is bleeding subs and at less than 7.6 million subs..... Largest WoW team managed to do less than any other....Congratz. Needless to say Blizz just lost more players. We all unsubbed after the panel. Not interest in a casual grind feast that this game will be. WoD is being shamefully talked about all over the convention. Worst Blizzcon reveal ever....
    Your not the only one disappointed.

I'm not sure what our guild will do at this point as it is to early for them to decide but more needs to be presented that's for sure. More content explanation and especially more info on the weak plot time travel device their using.

WOD beats mop for worst expansion ever announced. I hope wow looses more subs and causes the execs to fire metzen,kosak and the other idiots that thought this was a good idea.

Haha wow, everyone in this thread is acting like a bunch of brats. You're assuming "OMG WORST EXPANSION EVER" without even trying it. Really shows how the community really is, GG guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    It was explained. What made people super excited about Warcraft? The original Warcraft games. One Dev pushed really hard for this version of introducing World of Warcraft players who may not have played the original Warcraft games (like myself) to these lore figures we've only heard about but in a very distant, impersonal way.

What's happening? Garrosh hopped realities and went back in time, and is now threatening our present and original reality with a united Iron Horde he helped form, without fel corruption.

Who is the enemy (the final raid boss enemy I assume you mean)? Blizzard refuses to name names, but players are pointing at Kairos I believe (sp?). And even then, how much of an enemy is he - just a misguided, nutjob Bronze trying to see how alterations to time can be made without destroying the original, or a murderous nutjob Bronze looking to die for the purpose of increasing our heroes' battle prowess to prepare us for a coming war? (or just wants to kill us...)
    Why not go play the RTS games and "experience" them like the rest of us did?

My honest opinion here? This smacks of something slapped together to eat up about 18 months till something more exciting comes along or some shit... this is just lack luster.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Why not go play the RTS games and "experience" them like the rest of us did?

My honest opinion here? This smacks of something slapped together to eat up about 18 months till something more exciting comes along or some shit... this is just lack luster.

It's filler no doubt but god damn even as filler it's so underwhelming.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Better quit then
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Haha wow, everyone in this thread is acting like a bunch of brats. You're assuming "OMG WORST EXPANSION EVER" without even trying it. Really shows how the community really is, GG guys.
    The only way to "try it" is to give Blizz $40 for a product you don't think you'll like. Maybe Blizz will offer 1 month free trials of WoD six months after it releases or something, but until then, it's "buy before you try".
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    It was explained. What made people super excited about Warcraft? The original Warcraft games. One Dev pushed really hard for this version of introducing World of Warcraft players who may not have played the original Warcraft games (like myself) to these lore figures we've only heard about but in a very distant, impersonal way.-snip-
    I never played any of the RTSes... and even I think the idea is pretty dump.

My problem is this is, well, a prequel sequel for all intents and purposes. When we're done... the story is just reset back to zero. Nothing's evolved. I've read and known and heard these stories countless times in the normal WoW game (particularly in BC). To quote Star Trek, I'm here to "to Boldly go where no man has gone before"... not "to Boldy stumble backwards and relive stories that have been told before"

I'd much rather have some resurrected Gul'Dan than just "reliving" some past event Gul'Dan... save that for a 5 man CoT dungeon.

If you wanted to get that experience, do what I did and read the book "Rise of the Horde". Does a beautiful job of telling you exactly what happened in this time period... from the arrival of the Draenei to the corruption of the Orcs to the slaying of the Draenei to the march into Azeroth... and I didn't ever once feel like I needed to shoe-horn my Alliance character into that story in any way/shape/form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    After Chris Metzen lulling us to sleep by stalling as long as possible on stage, that had to be the worst expansion announcement I have seen. Nothing to look forward to whatsoever... I hope these panels spark it up. But hey, we got updated character models that are 10% done?

I've never watched an expansion reveal and then asked myself "okay... but what is it?"

Where is the endboss, the new technology, the new class/race, the cool new dungeons, the things that sell an expansion? I am underwhelmed right now. Instanced Guild housing and character models, thats ALL?

And remember, this is the result of the "Biggest WoW Team Ever."

Only 6 new dungeons..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Outland revamp, rehashed bosses and zones, here we come. Yes, this is your expansion:

You seem like the kind of person that would still complain if Metzen had announced the cure of all sicknesses and the solution for world peace.

I found the revealing stunning and jaw dropping. Metzen can have a lot of flaws, his oratory skills aren't one of them.

This is the best thread.. all the people who do not like it, are feeding off each other! Keep it going!

Seems to me like this whole expac would have made a GREAT 5.5. You know, have Garrosh escape with his little friend, dark portal acts all funky, we go through and spawn in draenor face to face with a bunch of orcs, take them and garrosh out in a world event a la the Cata pre event, leave, and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    You seem like the kind of person that would still complain if Metzen had announced the cure of all sicknesses and the solution for world peace.

I found the revealing stunning and jaw dropping. Metzen can have a lot of flaws, his oratory skills aren't one of them.
    Yes, stunning and jaw droppingly stupid. I seriously believe I could have come up with a better concept while sitting on the commode pinching out an impacted loaf. I'd call it a WoD too.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Some random Time Travel storyline.
    Updated models that really should of been a token gesture, not a main feature.
    Garrisons...
    Copy and paste of Outland, with previous expansions art / concepts used for the "new" zones.

MoP was a filler expansion, but it felt "right" and was featured packed. This one however just looks dull as dishwater. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the soloing capabilities at 100, the rest is "meh".

The worst part was Chris Metzen's attempt to build it up, then the panel straight after. He stumbled over his words a lot, like he realised "shit, we have nothing special to show here".
    It's not a time travel story, it uses time travel as a mechanism, but it's not the story focus.
    Updated models are a perfectly valid feature, the amount of time invested in them is enormous
    Garrisons look quite fun, farms were well received, good logical step with the demand for player housing.
    It's not a copy paste at all, it was built from scratch and looks nothing like Outland

Wow, are you uniformed...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post

You seem like a Metzen fanboy. His MoP announcement was riveting, the expansion itself-- not so much. This one, definately not so much. There's nothing really to look forward to that's expansion worthy. An art upgrade that's long over due to put the game at the same graphical level as games that were pushed out for the past 3-5 years, cool but they aren't even 100% done and most likely won't even roll out WoD with all races done so they could have released a set of races with every patch or other patch. Garrisons are an exact replica of SWTOR's followers system so it's not really anything innovative or 'new' to the gaming community. No new classes, no new races, no third spec, not even a 'battle pet' like feature that targets a certain audience type. The only thing we get as we level from 91 to 100 is a talent at the end and some of our key abilities increase in power. Sorry but that was a large curtain pulled over peoples eyes because abilities already increase in power as we level how, theorycrafters call that SCALING. Increasing how much they scale to make them more dramatic and larger increases isn't really all that compelling. Could have left it at just 5 more levels, but someone's OCD clearly kicked in and said uh uh, no way, bring'er all the way to 100.

Deleted
    That map is pretty funny. Apparently all that was lost when the planet was torn apart was a lot of ocean. Almost all of the land survived just fine. How convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Dragonstrike View Post
    An art upgrade that's long over due to put the game at the same graphical level as games that were pushed out for the past 3-5 years
    That's an insult to games released in the last 3-5 years.

wow such change. Can barely tell which one is new.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, stunning and jaw droppingly stupid. I seriously believe I could have come up with a better concept while sitting on the commode pinching out an impacted loaf. I'd call it a WoD too.
    You should try pushing it out instead. It works allot better than pinching it out, or so I've heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    That's an insult to games released in the last 3-5 years.

wow such change. Can barely tell which one is new.
    You aren't very perceptive, and I'm willing to think that might have something to do with your intelligence, or lack thereof. "Hurr, let me look at one picture, and since I'm a whiny moron I'll post it and claim that it's hard to determine which one has changed". Tryhard idiot is a tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Then removing "unwanted stats like hit and expertise"............are we serious here???
    To be honest I won't miss hit and expertise, I always thought they were pointless. They are a stat that you absolutely have to have a certain amount of so you have to keep reforging gear and gemming for it constantly. There's no choices or flexibility or anything remotely fun about them, they're just a chore. I say good riddance.
    Last edited by Twilightlicious; 2013-11-09 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I'll concede that the trailer sucked, but I'm a little more concerned about the actual game which looks awesome so whatever.
    I guess I'm in the minority because I thought all the MoP trailers were laughingly bad. This one actually got me excited.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Then don't play.

Although I recall seeing posts just like yours, if not BY you, when MoP was announced as well.

Seriously, one might wonder how certain people can go through life with so much negativity. Like it? Play. Don't like it? Jump to some FOTM-mmo then. People will always have different opinions and there's not even half the negativity going around now compared to when MoP was announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightlicious View Post
    To be honest I won't miss hit and expertise, I always thought they were pointless. They are a stat that you absolutely have to have a certain amount of so you have to keep reforging gear and gemming for it constantly. There's no choices or flexibility or anything remotely fun about them, they're just a chore. I say good riddance.
    But..but...reforging increases gameplay value and skill levels in players D:...

Seriously, I say good riddance to hit and expertise as well. Really boring stats.