Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Sigh... do you really want your own house that much? Successful housing systems are the part of the games where you impact the world. WoW is not the one of those games, so this looks silly and feels just like desperate move and nothing more.

I hope this doesn't end up in store bought speed up items for the garrison.

Hi. I'm here to disapprove with this feature. I have nothing against it fundamentally. But disapproving and complaining makes me feel special.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many companions can i get?

is it like twitter followers?
    Hi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I am baffled that people actually want this. Genuinely. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in building a base in WoW.
    Different folks, different strokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    I dont want player housing, I want a Guild Hall or Town.......
    Don't see why they can't add it later ...

All the tech will be there after Garrisons come online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

The follower system looks kind of complicated ...

I hope it's not too difficult to utilize effectively. Or at the very least if so, that it be optional and not necessary for the customization and upgrading of your garrison.

Deleted
    Well, this is surprisingly accurate with what was talked back around since:
    posted 2004-12-14
    Caydiem: "Housing is a huge feature with a lot of dedicated time needed. While we definitely want to do housing, and it is something 'on the list', it's not a 'soon after release' feature. It's more of an 'on the horizon' feature. "
    I like it and can't wait to try it out

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be awesome if they eventually continue this feature and add some sort of 1v1 battleground where you can fight someone else's garrison.

If structures can churn out soldiers and you can mount attacks on each others' garrisons Warcraft-style this could be pretty cool. Otherwise I think it's another waste of Blizzard's time. If I want to play The Sims I can already boot it up any time I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

To bad you cant attack enemy faction garrisons and burn them to the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Or the SWTOR companion system.
    That's what I was thinking. Now, if only I could get one of those companions to quest with me in WoW. I'd love a Xalek or Ashara with me. Heck, I'd even love a gunner like Vette or Kaliyo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Damn it, so I have to post more slutty selfies to get more companions?

I liked that they made it possible to move your garrison to a new location, unlike Sunsong Ranch where you're stuck in one place. Garrisons adds a taste of original Warcraft and it'll be cool to have friends and guildies to be able to see your garrison. Would be awesome (someone suggested it in another thread) if your alts showed up in your garrison as NPC's and you could actually see them walking around and doing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Would be awesome (someone suggested it in another thread) if your alts showed up in your garrison as NPC's and you could actually see them walking around and doing stuff.
    That would be nice.

Here is a small list of things I would like them to do with Garrisons.

Allows alts to become trade skill followers. They won't be able to be sent on missions, as the logistics of it would get to complicated (Can I log on my Paladin while she is on a week long raid? No!? Bullocks!). This way you can use their trades without logging on them, like have your miners mine, and your herbalists farm, and your main engineer on hand to build you stuff. If you log on one of them they are removed from the job they were doing.

Allow a follower to follow you. You can pick a single NON-ALT follower to act like a pet. They will be based on the role they use, either doing damage, taunting targets, or healing you. This can also be an alternate way of leveling them outside of the missions, allowing a more hands on form of leveling.

As for those that don't really understand how the Garrison "plays", think of those iPhone games that you play in which everything is based on time management.

are followers gonna come out and fight beside you? like swtor companions? or are they just your little minions that work and do stuff for you alone?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    are followers gonna come out and fight beside you? like swtor companions? or are they just your little minions that work and do stuff for you alone?
    Right now the latter. They will either do stuff around the Garrison or can be sent on missions, which are timed events the follower takes on for loot and levels. You will not be able to take them with you, though I hope that changes before release.

Deleted
    Sounds like an expanded idea from Star Wars, and I already loved the starwars concept of gathering proffesions. I hope you get freedom in what you want with the garrissons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Sounds like an expanded idea from Star Wars, and I already loved the starwars concept of gathering proffesions. I hope you get freedom in what you want with the garrissons though.
    What you mean? You right now get freedom on what buildings and where you want to place them, though all the lot sizes will be pre-determined, so you can't place a medium building in a large lot. Followers can also be customized, with the ability to change their name, look, and equip them in different armors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up liking the concept, strangely enough.
    Just hope that we won't end up spending all our time in the garrison.

Hopefully they will let you have a Forsaken themed base etc later on though.

There's already a ton of benefits from having the garrison though:
    - Limited access to professions you don't have
    - Basically automated resource gathering (though that costs you a follower, to do that job. And it is of course a limited amount)
    - Long lasting buffs (saw some in some screenshots)
    - Opportunity to get gear

All that, and probably more - who knows. While you are offline.