Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Normal modes flexible in 6.0

Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

This is going to be a developmental nightmare. I'm positive this is something that'll get scrapped before going live.

I can't see this working out.
    Heroics are going to be even harder compared to normal if this goes live, lots of guilds who will likely be able to clear normal because of this will crash and burn on HC content.

We'll see. personally as a heroic raider, I can't wait for this so I can skip the farm stuff I don't need. Major issue it probably means the loot system for normal will be changed to what flex has.

If it's cross-realm I'll be happy to upgrade my alt flex run once we have no gear to have.

But for normal raiders doing occasional heroic modes, this might be a PITA.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

There's just too much to consider:

If you use a 11-24 "flex" player group to clear normals, what do you do with the other "extra" players when you finally decide to venture into Heroic content?

They've had enough problems tuning our current flex raids to the amount of people in the instance. The amount of tuning necessary for two separate levels of difficulty just seems outright absurd.

And as Woobels said, the level of comparative difficulty between normal and Heroic will need to be even larger just to offset the possibility of using a flex group to brute force most of the normal mode content.

This sounds like the kind of stuff that makes casual players go, "Oh wow, I'll get to see more content!!!" without any foresight on Blizzard's part at all.

edit: I made this post before "mythic" difficulty was announced. I'm still a bit beside myself on how this will all work out.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2013-11-08 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    This is completely not thought through and will be terrible. Flexible does not work in content designed for organised groups and content that is designed to be difficult. This will turn out to be shit, simple as that. What about loot?

I am guessing this will never make it live.

Deleted
    Raidfinder up to Heroic will be flexible from 10 to 25 players.

New Mythic difficulty for 20 players.

LFR - 10-25
    Normal - 10-25 (replaces Flex)
    Heroic - 10-25 (replaces Normal)
    Mythic - 20 - Fixed. Replaces Heroic.

This new "mythic" difficulty is going to force cutting-edge 10man guilds to merge/recruit heavily and drop people like tanks/heals that are no longer needed. This is going to be pretty controversial i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    This new "mythic" difficulty is going to force cutting-edge 10man guilds to merge/recruit heavily and drop people like tanks/heals that are no longer needed. This is going to be pretty controversial i think.
    Of course it will. But it kills the argument of "is 10 harder or 25?"

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's just too much to consider:

If you use a 11-24 "flex" player group to clear normals, what do you do with the other "extra" players when you finally decide to venture into Heroic content?

They've had enough problems tuning our current flex raids to the amount of people in the instance. The amount of tuning necessary for two separate levels of difficulty just seems outright absurd.

And as Woobels said, the level of comparative difficulty between normal and Heroic will need to be even larger just to offset the possibility of using a flex group to brute force most of the normal mode content.

This sounds like the kind of stuff that makes casual players go, "Oh wow, I'll get to see more content!!!" without any foresight on Blizzard's part at all.
    Heroics are flex as well. The new difficulty, Mythic, is what has a static raid size of 20.

I imagine the new normal will have a difficulty somewhere between current Normal and Flex and the new heroic will be between current Normal and Heroic. Mythic will probably be harder than current Heroic since its only one raid size they are tuning for so they can get crazy with the mechanics.

10/25 heroic modes. 10 mans are not "dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Baromega View Post
    Heroics are flex as well. The new difficulty, Mythic, is what has a static raid size of 20.

I imagine the new normal will have a difficulty somewhere between current Normal and Flex and the new heroic will be bewtween current Normal and Heroic. Mythic will probably be harder than current Heroic since its only one raid size they are tuning for so they can get crazy with the mechanics.
    I agree completely.

There will have to be a balance shift across the 4 difficulties.

Where is this "mythic" you speak of? source?

People are misinterpreting.

Flex isn't being replaced.

They're merely adding the scaling technology to Normal.

Here's the setup going:

5.4:----------------------------------------6.0

Raid Finder (25)---------------------Raid Finder (10-25)
    Flexible (10-25)---------------------Normal (10-25)
    Normal (10)-------------------------Heroic (10-25)
    Normal (25)-------------------------Mythic (20) <- The only & new heroic set-in-stone group number
    Heroic (10)
    Heroic (25)
    Last edited by GhostKnife; 2013-11-08 at 09:58 PM.

basically 10 man hard modes are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    basically 10 man hard modes are dead
    Depends on HC 10-15 tuning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedstery View Post
    10/25 heroic modes. 10 mans are not "dead"
    Both 10 and 25 is dead. Just because blizzard strap a "heroic" tag on something does not make it relevant. People will care about as much about "heroic" raiding in 6.0 as heroic dungeons or heroic scenarios in 5.4. It is just a name tag. 10 and 25 man raiding just both got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by CTwin View Post
    Depends on HC 10-15 tuning.
    which is tuned as current normal modes