Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I understand players will love this change, but tbh this is just stupid.
    Transmog from bank is OK, but craft? It doesn't make sense.
    This is another example of complaining just for the sake of complaining. Why is transmog from bank ok but crafting not? They are both quality of life changes.

Deleted
    A friend of mine was just complaining about this very issue, and I'm inclined to agree with him. There's still quite a huge variety of crafting materials for some professions, and trying to keep space for all of those plus your questing loot, your alternate gear sets, and all the rest of it was quite tiresome.

I can understand a dislike of the mechanism, that is fair enough.
    But you could have presented a better argument if you chose something other than the "realism" part.
    Being able to use an item in remote storage as a source or part of the process towards something else is exactly what your transmog from bank "acceptance" utilises, but you for some reason thought it unacceptable for crafting, when in reality it is not that much different.

It doesn't make any less sense than being able to walk around with 400 tons of iron ore in your bags. Guild Wars 2 did it and it worked great.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How annoying is it to search through my giant bank for the right gem I wanted? Or realize I forgot to grab dust or essences before raid?
    Yes! I used to be the guild enchanter, after a new drop, some folks would ask if i could enchant for them, some had mats with them, some waited until after the raid to get me the mats, but really... I always had mats and they never had to ask for them. Once in awhile, we would have really good luck with upgrades and I'd run a little short of mats, this would have solved that!

This is def. a bad idea. Simplifications like this is just weird.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guildwars 2 allows this and I'm perfectly happy with the feature. I honestly see this as a good thing. Sure its a tad more lazy than we are used to but once its in the game for about 2 weeks I think players will be happy they have such a feature and wont look back.

I hope they copy Guild Wars 2 even further. Account wide crafting bank tab where you can deposit ingredients straight from your bags.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    This is def. a bad idea. Simplifications like this is just weird.
    Brace yourself. A flurry of "if you want to craft the other way, you still can, why do you want people to play the same way you do, this isn't 2004 anymore, the game's changed, no one liked crafting before, QoL makes the game better" remarks incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I don't see why this makes any less sense than being able to carry around 5 sets of plate armour, 3 drakes, a horse, an elekk, bags of herbs, fish, ore, a giant axe, a giant mace and a sword & board in my backpack.
    I think it's a good change, this is extremely convenient in GW2 (as well as depositing crafting ingredients directly into bank) and will be extremely convenient in WoW.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Up next: Bank, AH, and mailboxes are simply tabs much like your glyph panel. No need to go to town ever, unless you happen to be out of glyph swap tomes.

Scratch that, we'll get rid of those too.

"Streamlining".

I can even see the powerpoint for it.

Going back to town = YUCK!
    Waiting for the day when it come true! I truely absolutely loath being in cities <3

Up next: Bank, AH, and mailboxes are simply tabs much like your glyph panel. No need to go to town ever, unless you happen to be out of glyph swap tomes.

Scratch that, we'll get rid of those too.

"Streamlining".

I can even see the powerpoint for it.

Going back to town = YUCK!
    I'm an engineer, I already have 2 of those 3 things. I even have a portal anvil so I can smelt or craft anywhere in the world.

I guess some ppl have to question every damn changes in the game, no matter how nice the change can be.

It's a great feature from GW2, being able to simply pull out any crafting material from your bank is great.

You're trying to apply sense to a game that mails you dragons?

Deleted
    Brace yourself. A flurry of "if you want to craft the other way, you still can, why do you want people to play the same way you do, this isn't 2004 anymore, the game's changed, no one liked crafting before, QoL makes the game better" remarks incoming.
    They'e true though

- - - Updated - - -

As a fellow long term hunter (high five!), I'll say that ammo and pet maintenance micro-management are 2 interesting traits that once taken away, made our class far less interesting / unique. The requirement to make decisions, however, trivial, is one of the biggest draws of the genre.

YMMV of course.
    Yeah people played hunter because of our ammo, SO fun having less bag space and running out of ammo mid dungeon >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    GW2 does this and it's amazing.
    So does D3, if my memory is not playing games on me.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So does D3, if my memory is not playing games on me.
    I try to forget D3 especially as I bought CE

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    So is my backpack being able to hold 16 sets of 20 fish, and my other 4 bags being able to hold 24 sets of 20 fish.

That's over 2000 fish i'm carrying on my person
    Well, you're already able to carry scores of horses and other mounts. It left Realisticville a long time ago.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

why not just remove the bank and give everybody a 10000 slot bag.

And the reason why you can carry 1ß horses in your bag is because it's a game and it would suck if you had to actually feed and take care of your horse and so on. and you die and you are dead forever.
    Last edited by Fmr; 2013-11-13 at 05:22 PM.