Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    what if they replaced lynx rush with petless? That instantly makes BS no longer a problem, while making you choose between a meh pet with crows, no pet, or a BS buffed pet.

then we can get a different 100 talent.
    Like Lynx Rush how it was at the beginning of MoP.
    ...I'll stop getting my hopes up for that.

All I gotta say.... HUNTER'S HAVE A CLEAVE!!!!!

Soooo happy

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    "Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot."

Dunno if CS and SS will be still castable on the move in WoD, but I don't like losing mobility either way. Love running around just for lulz during the fight.
    Then I recommend not selecting Snipe as your level 100 talent.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

"Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot."

Dunno if CS and SS will be still castable on the move in WoD, but I don't like losing mobility either way. Love running around just for lulz during the fight.
    It will be a DPS loss NOT picking this talent on single target fights.

From the wowhead tooltip, cobra hits for 77% weapon damage and produces less focus. Snipe hits for 150% weapon damage and produces a lot more focus.
    Last edited by Puerto; 2013-11-10 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    It will be a DPS loss NOT picking this talent on single target fights.

From the wowhead tooltip, cobra hits for 77% weapon damage and produces less focus. Snipe hits for 150% weapon damage and produces a lot more focus.
    Cobra is nature damage buddy. Snipe is pure physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Teremx View Post
    Cobra is nature damage buddy. Snipe is pure physical.
    Annndd??? lol. Damage is still calculated off weapon damage.

Tooltip:
    Deals 77% weapon damage in the form of Nature damage and increases the duration of your Serpent Sting on the target by 6 sec. Generates 14 Focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Annndd??? lol. Damage is still calculated off weapon damage.

Tooltip:
    Still, that´s pre target resistance/armor. Which will prolly end up with snipe hitting for half of that damage anyway and cobra for almost it´s full amount.

X Armor reduces physical damage. Pretty sure the nature damage is barely reduced if not at all.

And 99% of encounters have predictable movement so mobility is still not an issue with Snipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i see survival as a pet spec more than MM, Survival to me sounds more like a lone hunter out in the wild, hunting for food with his trusty tiger, whereas Marksman sounds more like a ranger you would see defending a town, or in an army, no command over beasts, but a good shot with a bow.
    Differing view is different. We'll agree to disagree on the Survival vs. MM thing, but I respect the position nonetheless.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    Please go put on your helmet. You are basically saying because you like this SINGLE talent it wouldn't be a problem if MM/SV lose a choice out of just about every single tier, that is just so bad. Again if you are BM (which undoubtedly have been this entire expansion based on your previous comments) then there is no problem.
    you don't raid do you . talents are very easily changeable now . I change at least 1 for every boss ( as well as change specs completely depending on fight) . Some fights are VERY pet unfriendly , this new talent is wonderful for those .

Again -talents are options to be changed depending on circumstance --they are no longer MUST HAVE ONE SIZE FITS ALL things

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, other options don't feel appealing either (at least for me). If I take Bola Shot, I lose single-target focus dump (I expect it to be weaker on single target than Snipe since it gets additional AoE + sometimes you can't hit adds around main target), if I take Snipe, I lose mobility, if I take With or Without you, I lose pet. It's to early to make serious drama over it, but it just feels like I'm not getting a new ability but like I'm chosing which one I lose.
    You are choosing the combination of talents that best suits the fight - they arnt set and forget anymore , why have a lot of people not got that idea yet , mmm maybe because most players don't raid ??? and have seen the true benefits of the current system -I don't know , anyone got an answer ?
    Last edited by Sul; 2013-11-10 at 03:06 AM.

Yeah, I'm just assuming every talent is going to change massively or be replaced at this stage. Remember the original talent list for MoP? Looked nothing like what release ended up having.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Yeah, I'm just assuming every talent is going to change massively or be replaced at this stage. Remember the original talent list for MoP? Looked nothing like what release ended up having.
    I agree and am not holding any thought that this will be the final 100 talents.... however, there is something interesting about the new talents (for all classes):

It looks like their goal is to avoid button bloat and give passives or talents that replace other talents...

Deleted
    Bola is nothing more than pre wrath beta Explosive Shot so nothing new just a rename. They just switching it with Arcane cos its the universal skill for all 3 specs.
    Snipe for ease rotation (1 shot instead of 2 cs/ss needed with a +dmg incentive for the non movement requirement)
    Overall nothing so much exciting, still hope for more disparities between specs with different resource mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    X Armor reduces physical damage. Pretty sure the nature damage is barely reduced if not at all.

And 99% of encounters have predictable movement so mobility is still not an issue with Snipe.
    All non-physical damage completely bypasses armor, so yes, it's not reduced. Given that mobs generally have ~30% armor, that means Snipe only does about 105% of your weapon damage as actual damage to the target, compared to Cobra's 77%.

For a better comparison, Cobra does 38.5% of your weapon damage per second, while snipe does about 37.9%.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-11-10 at 12:50 PM.

The problem is, other options don't feel appealing either (at least for me). If I take Bola Shot, I lose single-target focus dump (I expect it to be weaker on single target than Snipe since it gets additional AoE + sometimes you can't hit adds around main target), if I take Snipe, I lose mobility, if I take With or Without you, I lose pet. It's to early to make serious drama over it, but it just feels like I'm not getting a new ability but like I'm chosing which one I lose.
    I imagine Bola Shot will be a dmg per focus increase over arcane.

And if not, you know, you're not actually required to select a talent.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I personally feel like if they do the whole "replace a spell" thing, they should make it a tier of talents. For example if they want bola shot to replace arcane shot, they should place Bola shot (active), something replace (active) and TOTH (passive) together. And then again for WOWY place that with a pet tier like blink strikes. I really feel like consolidating each tier to a type like "movement, "defense", "pet", "focus generation", "arcane shot", etc will allow for much better balance in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% pumped for these talents.

New weapon sounds, and possibly a quiver(?) as the Q&A pannel said "Someone ask about hunter quivers already!" So i assume they're coming back as a cosmetic thing or minor glyph?

This is the first expansion i have been 100% excited for, and i've been playing since beta.. it's just everything i have ever wanted in WoW and the new zones look amazing, the new World pvp zone looks like tons of fun and the interesting loot system they're doing looks amazing at least on paper so far!

Woot! Now only 8 more months of MoP and H Garrosh.. wooo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    So much whining, sigh
    So, we aren't allowed to criticize the decisions that Blizzard makes? I appreciate the hard work Blizzard does, but I also recognize that the changes they make aren't always the best and when I see something I dislike, then I'm going to voice my opinion. That's why there are forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens if a player specs into Intimidation
    Stunshot, 40yd range, 60s CD, instantly stuns your target for 3s.
    Spirit Bond
    5% self-heal every 3s instead.
    Lynx Rush
    Improved Multi-Shot, Passive, your Multi-shot hits cause your targets to bleed for X%AP damage over 15s.
    Blink Strike
    Blind Focus, Passive, X% increased damage from your autoattacks, and increases movement speed by 10%.
    while also having With or Without You? This shouldn't be a talent.
    This should most definitely be a talent because if it stays I'm insta-90ing myself a hunter just so I can get the petless spec.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-11-10 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Ideas for replacing the talents that become useless with WoWY
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1