Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    theres no item squish for this expac
    Item squish will be on this expansion since it's already present on the blizzcon expansion demo, you will find more about it tomorrow at gameplay panel. To give you a rough estimate tanks with current tier lvl 90 gear have roughly 40k hp.

Deleted
    yes there is item squish i(dot)imgur(dot)com/1Oz0wRg.jpg WOTLK HP pools and DPS i think what is really nice (cant link proper links cus low post count)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    to spam void shift... you'd probably just be stacking stam to make sure your max health is above the tank's at all times. Then a pally can beacon you. GG
    Void Shift works on health percentage, not actual health numbers. Stacking stamina would be bad.

I'm very interested in that 60 sec dot. You're talking about a DoT that gains a tick ~every 5% haste. Combine that with cds like berserking and PI?
    For multitarget bosses like protectors... DI is pretty attractive for getting that DoT up on multiple targets. Either that or get a ToF proc off a small add, and drop that bad boy off on your main target.

Although the idea of mastery working with non-dots? That just screams FDCL/DI spec.

Orbs off SA's definitely insanity with either PI or ToF, combined with a high crit build.
    its intensely boring. Spend half your orbs for a more powerful dp. They could have written the talent 16 different ways and skipped the multitude of drawbacks of a 60 sec dot in pve/pvp. Thumbs down.

Very boring stuff, hopefully well see some real changes tomorrow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, after seeing the other healing classes lvl 100's, we got the shaft, holy crap there is some amazing stuff...

We get the standard "A is buffed, but you lose B", most other 100's are pure buffs... sad day to be a Priest IMO
    Last edited by h3lladvocate; 2013-11-09 at 01:37 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't apparitions have a chance to give orbs back in Cata? Sounds like they're taking a step or two backwards with these "new" talents...

I am excited as hell as disc. Replacing GH with a Shield sounds amazing to me. You guys are sooo hard to excite, lol.

It doesn't hold a candle to Druids getting 5 second clearcasting durations, but its still neat.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    We get the standard "A is buffed, but you lose B", most other 100's are pure buffs... sad day to be a Priest IMO
    In hindsight though, when isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't apparitions have a chance to give orbs back in Cata? Sounds like they're taking a step or two backwards with these "new" talents...
    That isn't necessarily a bad thing. Spirit link for example was a spell in Wotlk beta that was continually tweaked and finally removed. Most people were sad to see the spell go and thought we would never see it again but alas Spirit Link Totem was born in Cata. If you ask I'm sure most Shaman would say they love SLT.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    When you get things like double beacon, 5 second clear-casting, etc. I just feel like this is mage 90's 2.0. I know right now, I almost don't want to spec a lvl 100 talent, because each has some disadvantage. Most the others (a few do like the swiftmend one) have 0 loss, just straight buff.

Chain Heal affect Riptide People, Double Beacon, Archangel 2.0, all buffs with no drawback. While I give up Greater Heal, Void Shift Heal/Freedom, or 10% healing a stack thingy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Divine Clarity: so grats Holy, you will be the test bunnies for how to remake PoH?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Seriously. With 20 minutes thought, Power of the Void could be:

2 min CD; Duplicate all DoTs on the target. (Burst)
    2 min CD: Mind Blast now hits an additional target, or the same target twice

Passive: Increase DP damage 15% per Orb (Better version then Current)
    Passive: VT is now Instant cast
    Passive: DP has a chance to spread to additional nearby targets
    Passive: Mind Flay can now be cast while moving

Yet they give us a 60 second dot that sucks for target switches, burst, pvp, doesn't heal like Plague, is much easier to dispel...

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Seriously. With 20 minutes thought, Power of the Void could be:

2 min CD; Duplicate all DoTs on the target. (Burst)
    2 min CD: Mind Blast now hits an additional target, or the same target twice

Passive: Increase DP damage 15% per Orb (Better version then Current)
    Passive: VT is now Instant cast
    Passive: DP has a chance to spread to additional nearby targets
    Passive: Mind Flay can now be cast while moving

Yet they give us a 60 second dot that sucks for target switches, burst, pvp, doesn't heal like Plague, is much easier to dispel...
    Priest can't have burst because the other 10 classes have burst and blizzard doesn't want to monopolies priests.

Ghost crawler logic. Btw mages get more burst

Divine Clarity: so grats Holy, you will be the test bunnies for how to remake PoH?
    I'm still trying to figure out if that talent is serious or not. Would they just remake PoH instead of beating around the stupid bush like they did with lightwell? Lightwell went through 2 expansions before they gave the option of lightspring and then another expansion to make it lightspring by default.

You think they would learn.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The talent where all you DA's give you a shadow orb. Yeah....that one is fucking insane. Would make multi dotting and stacking crit insane.

No reason to be concerned or get overly excited for talents that aren't even in Alpha yet. These can and will change before launch. Just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Spammable void shift and spammable loh type ability both with no cd looks totally legit and not op at all. ^^
    Until you burn 8-10 of them during a burst then do 20-0% healing for the next 80-100 seconds...
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Until you burn 8-10 of them during a burst then do 20-0% healing for the next 80-100 seconds...
    That's very much in the priest niche of "burst heal, pause, burst heal" I'm just not sure how it'll work in practice.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Yvaelle even looking at clarity of power, I was thinking it would make sense to let shadow store up to 4 orbs. Otherwise, you could double proc MB twice in a row or double proc on both MB>SWD meaning one orb is lost to the void.
    I want at least 5 orb cap, just the same as Rets got with their Holy Power system - and ours is far more likely to push past cap than Holy Power - so we need it more than they did.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter