Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I want at least 5 orb cap, just the same as Rets got with their Holy Power system - and ours is far more likely to push past cap than Holy Power - so we need it more than they did.
    Not to be any more cynical then usual, but they probably won't claiming "class uniqueness" whether we need or not. It'll be another "Mobility" and "Burst" situation - things we can't have because it's "Homogenization."

On the positive side, I really like "Divine Clarity", with some caveats, for all specs, and nothing wrong with "Spiritual Guidance" either. It's mostly just "Power of the Void" I take serious exception too.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-11-09 at 04:36 AM.

Please let the "non-dot" priest spec be viable.

I'm a disc priest primarily and don't want that convoluted BS shadowpriest calls a rotation, I'd rather just spam mind spike and mind blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Please let the "non-dot" priest spec be viable.

I'm a disc priest primarily and don't want that convoluted BS shadowpriest calls a rotation, I'd rather just spam mind spike and mind blast.
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, its not a rotation change. You'll go oom faster than you can ask for a mana pot. It merely enhances our ability to quickly drop a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, its not a rotation change. You'll go oom faster than you can ask for a mana pot. It merely enhances our ability to quickly drop a target.
    True, at level 90 you'd be ridiculously oom, but who can say what will happen at lvl100 when it's all said and done? It may be interesting for a talent to have that kind of paradigm shift. I suspect it'll be a strong choice for PvP-centric talent even if it goes through mana like a shark through a surfer.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-11-09 at 06:19 AM.

They could always just make the talent reduce it's mana cost like holy chakra.

I am seriously looking forward to see if I they'll let me play a 0-skill shadow spec that's viable. I always envied resto shamans being able to go ele and easily perform at 95% effectiveness with maybe 5 minutes of practice and reading.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lightwell went through 2 expansions before they gave the option of lightspring and then another expansion to make it lightspring by default.

You think they would learn.
    Probably because they aren't as lazy as the standard player base. The Lightwell version of Lightspring is superior in every way. They had given it ample "range to click" and the ability to be clicked while performing other actions. This is one of the cases of player tears influencing game development. Think I'm wrong? The Priests in every single Top 10 progression guild agree. Those guilds don't allow laziness... or Lightspring.

Shadow (Clarity of Power)
    Passive
    Your direct Shadow damage spells deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your periodic Shadow damage spells. Casting Mind Spike also reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 1 sec.
    Shadowy Recall now also affects your direct Shadow damage spells.

Lame Glyph of Mind Spike buff. Completes our toolkit of trash cleaners.

Shadow (Void Entropy)
    All Shadow Orbs, 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Consumes up to 3 Shadow Orbs to deal up to 750 Shadow damage every 3.00 sec for 60 sec.

Is it... a single target buff? Finally?? (I give it 24 hours before the first council fight makes them hit the "nerf all the things" button).

Shadow (Auspicious Spirits)
    Passive
    Your Shadowy Apparitions also grant you 1 Shadow Orb when they deal damage.

Ahaa!!!! I knew I should keep my UVLS! (And then UVLS gets its proc rate reduced to once per decade)

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Probably because they aren't as lazy as the standard player base. The Lightwell version of Lightspring is superior in every way. They had given it ample "range to click" and the ability to be clicked while performing other actions. This is one of the cases of player tears influencing game development. Think I'm wrong? The Priests in every single Top 10 progression guild agree. Those guilds don't allow laziness... or Lightspring.
    Why exactly would the top 10 guilds even want a Lightwell? The healing provided by it pales in comparison to every other raid CD out there.

Also, most of the Priests in the top 10 guilds are Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    theres no item squish for this expac
    yes there is. my feral druid has 50k hp at 90

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    Why exactly would the top 10 guilds even want a Lightwell? The healing provided by it pales in comparison to every other raid CD out there.

Also, most of the Priests in the top 10 guilds are Disc.
    in 25 mans there are holy priests.

And actually as i am in a top guild our holy priest doesn't use the lightswell glyph to make it clickable. As she is aware that no one will click it.

So they don't want to get rid of orbs.. sigh
    Auspicious Spirits is awful mechanic wise. So many wasted orbs, it's even worse than 2p t15 rng. 2 other talents look promising though. I've always thoughе that aoe ms/mb was a good idea. And if it works with SWD and mastery it's even better, but Mind Sear is going to be almost useles with this talent.
    Last edited by Forsay; 2013-11-09 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    to spam void shift... you'd probably just be stacking stam to make sure your max health is above the tank's at all times. Then a pally can beacon you. GG
    This may actually be a viable role in 25s. Have one priest dedicated to smoothing out tank damage on tank healing fights. Sounds boring as fuck to be that priest...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

auspicious spirits will make our multidotting about on par with balance druids, assuming we don't lose *too* many orbs due to wastage.

the talents look like, to me at least, like we're going to have one for off-target burns (horridon fights), one for aoe (im taking void entropy as some sort of personal hellfire aura, though it may be something else entirely), and then just freakish multidot/council style orb generation with auspicious spirits. even in a worst case scenario where we waste 60% of or AS orbs, that would still end up generating an extra 50 or so devouring plagues on a fight like fallen protectors - basically instead of using fdcl/di as procs, we would be basically multidotting with 3orb DPs.

that said, i wish we got something like the DK disease - like the bane that sun casts.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-11-09 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    They could always just make the talent reduce it's mana cost like holy chakra.

I am seriously looking forward to see if I they'll let me play a 0-skill shadow spec that's viable. I always envied resto shamans being able to go ele and easily perform at 95% effectiveness with maybe 5 minutes of practice and reading.
    99%

Fixed that for you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

So after thinking about this for a night... healing only.

Divine Clarity
    Overall impression: Modify one spell into something else. It's not a bad deal for a talent; as our toolbars are already big enough. As a principal idea, I can approve of this.

Disc version:
    Replacing Greater Heal with something better is a good deal. I don't really know the strength relationship compared to a normal Greater Heal (anyone can test?), but this is basically a permanent spirit shell for Greater Heal, right? That's pretty good as far as I can see it. Not a bad talent. Maybe a bit boring though. It's not exactly Halo. It doesn't actually say, but does this stack like Spirit Shell does?

Holy version:
    Replacing Greater Heal with something better is a good deal for holy as well. The difference is that Holy actually needs this spell every now and then. This may of course change if Chakra is dramatically altered (or removed), so it's too early to say anything definite for sure. Adding a splash effect on GHeal is a pretty good deal. The downsides are of course obvious you trade one heavy hitter spell for a split weak noodle. In the end, I think this will all be judged on how the damage is divided. If this leads to 0 overheal, it is amazing. If this leads to a 5-yd range CoH, not so much. Still, I'm intrigued.

Open question: How does this differ from the new cleave stat?

Power of the Void
    Healing version:
    Spammable void shift you say? Pretty impressive.
    The downside is pretty big though; you cannot use it to save yourself, so that puts a big limit on it for PVP. And considering that tanks usually have 2.5x as much HP as a healer. I'd hate for the tank to drop to 40% HP... and be denied the swap just because he still has more HP than me. Even despite that, this ability seems dramatically abuseable. Without the downside, you could basically do a Lay on Hands every 3 seconds, and we all know this limit can be evaded in various ways (everyone tankheal the priest, the priest swaps the tank(s)). I'll look forward to seeing feedback on it though!

Spiritual Guidance
    Healing version:
    Huh. Single target healing again. And this too is some sort of spammable Lay on Hands. Puts the previous ability in perspective, yes?
    Either way, this ability is way past the silly zone in overpoweredness. Any healing fight can be conquered in exactly 2 GCDs. You will never die in PVP again. It's half a guardian spirit with a 10 second cooldown... where you can ignore the cooldown. Yeah, the other healer classes got some impressive new talents. This however is just insane.
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-11-09 at 10:15 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Divine Clarity - Disc: I thought this was what they wanted to do with Greater Heal in the MoP Beta (or was it Heal? It's what Spirit Shell used to be iirc early on anyway). While not a fan of Disc, I'm kind of glad to see it. More absorbs yes! Go to talent of the tier.
    Not sure I agree, I remember testing this early version of Spirit Shell that replaced Greater Heal. It essentially broke our healing toolkit and made us utterly useless for healing damage up, which was a HUGE problem. Disc was essentially unplayable in that state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1hVj6dqXw

Don't like Spiritual Guidance/Saving Grace as Disc either. Our spells already hit like wet noodles, we don't need further healing reduction on top of that.

So.. that leaves Power of the Void.

Spammable Void Shift is.. decent, I guess. If only because you can just tell a Paladin to put Beacon of Light on you.

With Void Shift off the GCD and costing 0 mana it's essentially an always-available LoH-strength button for saving tanks.

Kind of annoying that this entire talent tier is only really useful in extremely high tank damage situations where there isn't much (or ANY ideally) raid damage going on. If there's even moderate raid damage you literally can't use ANY OF THESE TALENTS. You can't afford a healing reduction, you can't risk a void swap when you're taking damage, and you're never going to cast what is essentially a single target Greater Heal when the entire raid is taking damage -- it's too slow and it doesn't do enough.

Overall, I think these L100 talents are boring and terrible compared to the stuff other healers get.

I mean come on, double Beacon of Light? Chain Heal jumps to all Riptide targets? Omen of Clarity lasts 5 sec instead of 1 cast? Soothing Mist that affects 2 targets and has a 50% higher chance to generate Chi?

All we get is Tank Healing, Tank Healing, Tank Healing. Not only that, all of our L100 talents have downsides! The only downside these other healers get is the fact that they don't have access to the other 2 talents in that tier. Bah humbug.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-11-09 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to make any kind of serious conversation but you get the general tone when you see locks getting a permanent Doomguard and we getting some random uninteresting things.

I think the main point of these final 3 talents is to add a serious playstyle change that favors different stat preferences.

Clarity of Power: Gives higher worth to mastery, since it now effects all damage. Unless things change, mastery and haste currently get the most bang per point, so this would cause a shift to mastery/haste. Though... if a non-dot rotation is viable... I could see a mastery/crit build for this.

Void Entropy: A large single target dot like that definitely would favor haste/mastery.

Auspicious Spirits: Definitely bodes well for a crit heavy build. Probably bodes well for crit/haste.

However, if you're a priest that is gearing for the best in all situations... (ei, not optimizing for each individual fight, but gearing for the best overall) You'd probably just go for a balance of stats. But of course, we know this is going to go through huge changes by the time we get to beta. Most of these are just overpowered talents to get the hype and excitement going.

But then... remember we also have the possibility of a 'cleave' stat replacing hit. Think about all of those talents when every hit has the chance to hit all targets within 5 yards.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2013-11-09 at 01:28 PM.

I also agree that disc doesn't need any more absorbs.

When I was trying to solo heal some fights as disc (lovely Megaera), I always wished to have some cd, which would change all my absorbs to raw healing for a while.

Am I remembering wrong or is that absorb talent really close to what disc had on an earlier iteration of Spirit Shell during beta?

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Am I remembering wrong or is that absorb talent really close to what disc had on an earlier iteration of Spirit Shell during beta?
    Pretty sure it's identical, which means it will most likely be useless.