Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I won't go all that happy/grim if I were you. Don't forget this is not even an alpha stage; everything will be changed. At the minimal, the talent which gives us shadow orb every time an apparition hits target will suffer a great great nerfs for sure.

I'd love a talent/ability that gives us 3 shadow orbs once per x minutes, so we could finally have some notable burst.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I won't go all that happy/grim if I were you. Don't forget this is not even an alpha stage; everything will be changed. At the minimal, the talent which gives us shadow orb every time an apparition hits target will suffer a great great nerfs for sure.

I'd love a talent/ability that gives us 3 shadow orbs once per x minutes, so we could finally have some notable burst.
    Void Entropy should give orbs instead of costing.
    <inactive>

Although I'm never good with the theorycrafty side of things, none of these talents excite me all that much (speaking as a healer), whereas some of the other class talents are like, "ZOMG YUS!!!"

The fact that Priest healing talents (as of now) have such huge drawbacks included practically screams they will be changed. But the point of the preview was to excite people, which failed IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    "Relax, this is only a placeholer", "This is just Beta", "This... is.. just... PT.... oh damn, its live.
    Yup.

Someone mentioned the old, old Spirit Link. It made it all the way to PTR, where it was finally scrapped due to the player abuse it could cause (you could kill people with it). It was supposed to act more like a reverse Beacon, but some guildies and I had some fun killing people with it on PTR. LOL

Too many times has Blizzard ignored genuine criticism and concern over how something performs, and pushes it through anyway.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-11-11 at 01:44 PM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You're confused, and clearly didn't play in Vanilla. So actually - Shadow was one of the higher single target specs in Vanilla - the issue was that we were so gear dependent that nobody was willing to carry a spriest to full BiS in Naxx to see them leap up the meter (we were pretty terrible damage at lower gear levels). Shadow was also a very very potent PvP spec in Vanilla, one of the best PvP specs in the game if played right. I don't think the argument that because Shadow wasn't perceived as being competitive for MC and BWL, that it wasn't a spec - it certainly was and people played it. Link me to whatever WoW card you think proves conclusively that Warlocks hold a patent on "dark" magic, that Shadow is somehow infringing upon. Lots of the older WoW cards aren't even canon anymore, but I don't think even they suggested that warlocks have some sort of monopoly on all things 'dark'.

Entropy insofar as it refers to thermodynamics, is only measurable when particles decay - whether its fruit, or atoms, or quarks, or quanta. Within a true physical void, there exists Nothing, this is why when people ask what was before the universe - it cannot be answered to their satisfaction usually. Before the universe, there was a void, absent of all things, in which Nothing was - not even Entropy - not even Time. Entropy is just our description for the result of the second law of thermodynamics that you brought up - it is a metric of time, like seconds or minutes. I don't know what kind of social entropy you're talking about - but it sounds like some misappropriation of terms by humanities majors.

They don't "want to", they always have - you originally said that warlocks were giving void to us (you meant devs I suspect) - void is shadow, fel is warlocks - I said that, I am more than happy to admit that

I'm confused why you think that Warlocks have some claim to knowledge of darkness and the void, which could be possibly superior to a living shadow. Put what you are saying in context here, warlocks are mortal beings - they have flesh and blood, they decay with age - they are from a material plane. Warlocks command demons, who also have flesh and blood, who also grow and decay with age - they may come from the Abyssal Plane - but it too is a material plane.

I am a living, conscious, absence of light. I have no flesh, no blood. I do not grow. I do not decay. The parameters of my form are defined by where light is not. I am not a material being - I am darkness itself - made manifest - imbued with a conscious will - the last vestige of a priest's pure soul lost to the pursuit of power over the Light. No part of that priest remains, no phylactery or horcrux, this is not a parlour trick.

Just as I am shaped by the non-existence of light, my very soul - the words I speak - are a mock fascimile of a once conscious mind. Perhaps this voice, these words - belonged to a priest you once met - and you contextualize the overwhelming oddity of encountering such a malevolent shadowy non-thing - by anthropomorphising this Shadow with the kind words and soft voice of that priest you once met. For how else does a warlock, who knows so much of the commonly forbidden magic - come to understand the grim visage before them. I am not a demon, nor a priest - you perceive me to be the form of a night elf, to have her soft voice - but you know also that I am not the priest you once knew: I cannot be, for she is long dead. I am the void incarnate, and I am toying with your memories.

If you start with bad assumptions, the conclusion is often bad as well. We aren't guinea pigs for warlocks, our identity is not snatched from warlocks - warlocks have plenty of Hot Topic identity with their demons and their fire and their blood sacrificing. Warlocks are Metal - they're straight from a Dio soundtrack or more like a Tenacious D song:

Shadowpriests are more like Moonlight Sonata, we're a different character entirely. Also, please source the Shadowform originally being a Warlock spell bit - I've never heard that before (especcially since Shadowform was in WoW Beta, and there are Shadowpriests in the original warcraft games).

I don't even really know how to respond to this - warlocks are way over-represented in lore - everyone is a warlock in WoW history. By contrast, Shadowpriests are unseen and unheard of - but that's how we roll. Warlocks have tons of conceptual room in the lore to be sorcerers and demon-summoners and mages-gone-bad - they make Faustian bargains and perform blood sacrifices. Darkness and the Void really aren't all that much a warlock thing - that's Shadow's territory. Shadowpriests for example, wouldn't summon a black hole to consume a town - that kind of showboating is for warlocks.

We might subvert the will of the township to our desires or push them into a spiral of depression whereupon they all find themselves hiking the winding mountain path to the Lumber Mill above town - and then walking off one by one in a fit of hysteric sorrow. When SI:7 comes to investigate they do not find a crater of devastation - but merely an unanswerable mystery of mass suicide: that is the difference between us.

We were intended to be that way - bust out some of your lore that says we were not please. The Warlock community is not obsessed with Fel Magic - that is the defining obsession of Warlocks - it is what separates them from the Mages who eschew such magic. You seem to just have Spriest-envy, I think? Join us young warlock, give up your mortality - find solace in dark places
    Once again you miss my point and rush along to beg the question. First of all, I did not claim to have played in Vanilla as I have previously mentioned that TBC was my first xpac. All I've said was that I am aware of 2 facts:
    1) Shadow Priests were mana-batteries before Wotlk and that is something stated as a turning point for Wrath as they tried to push every dps spec to be viable.
    2) Indeed, Shadowform was meant to be a part of the Warlock arsenal and it is one of the most spicy trivia going around. That was part of WoW alpha and you should do some research before claiming that my arguments are invalid.

Moving on, I did not refer to a class giving something to another. I am saying that developers attempt to solidify the Shadow Priest identity by "borrowing" material from Warlocks, not because it is personal(lol), but simply because Warlocks are the only other "Dark Magic" competitors. Furthermore, you claim that Priests are about spiritual aspects, which is true and imply on top of it that the concept of Entropy, which is clearly an aspect of physics in both a literal and metaphorical to be a legit part of the Shadowpriest arsenal. It is ironical of you to mock humanities majors and claim to speak on behalf of the Priest class, as I following a degree on that field and it clearly has ideas associated with the theme of the class in general.

It is quite vague of you to characterize classes by associating them with songs. Why would a Warlock be "Metal" or a Priest something more tranquil/eerie? That would entirely depend on the roleplaying perspective. After all, classes are one's background of expertise and what sort of individual you are is entirely up to you in terms of story. For example, think of a Warlock attempting to unlock the secrets of the universe and a Priest being something similar to Benedictus. Would you apply that same stereotype to that? Don't think so. Ah and don't think I haven't noticed you ignoring my TCG statement twice in a row.

Moreover, why would you refer to me as if I "am" a Warlock? I clarified that I am following both classes from the time I've started playing this game and that is because I'm mainly an RPer and my focus of interest is dark magic in its essence, not the show of it. Therefore, you should counter me as someone who is equally critical against both sides, not a Warlock advocate. Thus, if Priests for example, are proven to be the disciples of the Void, while Warlocks are merely focused on the Fel-powerhungry aspects, then in that case I "have nothing to do" with my Warlock. That is why,for example, I have not touched the class even since I've found out about the disappointment of the Warlock green fire quest. Why would I be envious of one of my "alternatives" in that case? All I am saying is that it is awesome from the Priest point of view to see the "Power of the Void", yet on the other hand I find it unfair for any Warlock who has thought of roleplaying the "Dark Side" in its serious sense. To elaborate further, I prefer the mental aspects of the mind and that is why someone would pick Priest over Warlock in terms of Dark Magic. That is why I am leaning towards Priest as well. The great "but" lies in how Priests are shifting to something "more", as in the "power of darkness" in general and that is definitely why it would probably be my first time to focus on solely one class, that being Priest. Even though I will be "happy", it does not negate the fact that it is unfair for Warlocks.

Coming from a long time Holy priest, I'm pretty unexcited about these talents.

Divine Clarity (Clarity of Purpose) is the sort of spell that Prayer of Healing should be. I don't know that I want my Greater Heal turned into anything, let alone that. What's more is, during one of the Q&A sessions, the panelists were asked about the proliferation of Smart Heals, to which they suggested that they may try making Smart Heals somewhat dumber. To this end, they said that heals with "prioritizing the most injured targets" could becoming "prioritizing injured targets," which would be a great change; let players be smarter than the abilities again. Changing Greater Heal into a Smart Heal just continues the heal-spam smart-sniping arms race that currently exists.

Power of the Void (Shifting Perspectives) isn't something I can see myself using. It does no actual health recovery, which seems counter to what I want to be spending my time doing. That said, it seems like it could be play-style altering for those willing to play some sort of Health-Switching minigame, so I suppose it could be a good talent, just not one I'd choose.

Spiritual Guidance (Saving Grace) sounds like a spot-heal life-saving cooldown, but without the cooldown; it has the healing output penalty instead. This one is at least interesting, but I get the impression that it will either be so situational that one would forget they had it, or it will be so powerful that it will become routinely nerfed. Again, I suppose it could be play-style altering, if situationally.

When it comes to talents, I like two things: things that alter and thus allow me to hone my play-style, and things that have synergy with my other abilities. I like situational abilities, but Holy Priests have a huge kit of spells already; I don't want more buttons to manage. If you look at Holy Paladins T100's, two Beacons is huge, Beacon auto-shielding is some nice additional functionality, and Seal of Faith is play-style-altering (attempting to further facilitate some sort of Battle Healer damage-to-heal subspec). Shamans get some new spells, true, but one is a pretty impressive sounding cooldown and the other redirects Overhealing into addition healing; their final option enhances the already super-potent Chainheal. I won't even address the insane awesomeness that Mistweavers are getting.

My point is that, I don't see the same sort of design with the talents available to Holy Priests. Our talents are either removing restrictions or introducing mechanics that have nothing to do with what we already do as healers. I know they can add synergy, deeper ability interaction, for our spec; Serendipity and Divine Insight are evidence of that. Too often our kit's only design direction seems to be "lots of big expensive situational spells, punish them for using the wrong ones in the wrong situation."

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    2) Indeed, Shadowform was meant to be a part of the Warlock arsenal and it is one of the most spicy trivia going around. That was part of WoW alpha and you should do some research before claiming that my arguments are invalid.
    Yeah... you know what, I don't buy this. I can't find any information on this other than a few posts on an EU thread. You're gonna have to show some proof.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Sahjar:

Great post!

Since the lvl 90 talents were all about pretty awesome AoE heals, I think the lvl 100 talents intent of filling the similar niche for single target heals is a fine approach. If anything it's the only thing we really possibly need to extend our toolkit. Two out of three talents seems to give us a limited spammable Lay on Hands. That's ... excessive, power-wise. I fully agree this will never work out though. Nerf-of-the-week will be the result. And more importantly; you'd imagine you would need to have some powerful single target heals before hitting lvl 100! If Penance / Serenity / Guardian Spirit / Void Swap isn't capable of filling that niche, then they kinda fail at life, and if they do fill that niche the new spells just aren't needed.

I too would prefer to have some ability modifiers instead of new spells. Serendipity is a perfect example of something I would have loved to pick as a lvl 100 talent. Inspiration is another old talent that could have worked out (10% damage reduction for 10 sec after being healed). I've yet to be disappointed by the dev's creativity in these kind of abilities (Chakra aside).

I*m also really really looking forward to the new Prayer of Healing, whatever it may be.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    100% grade A bullshit, lock's however did wear leather and used shields during early alpha/beta but never at any point had shadowform
    Sig by Safhira

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Level 100 Healing Priest Talents offer a play-style spell, a utility spell, and a single target burst-healing spell.

Divine Clarity - If you are a Disc priest, and need to augment your toolkit with more single-target absorbs on a specific encounter to save your Spirit Shell for AoE absorbs, you can take this. A Holy Priest who needs more oomph in stacked AoE healing (we have the weakest ground AoE) on an encounter that really needs this has this option. This talent augments and extends the play-style of the healing Priest by adding another option that fits into what we already do.

Power of the Void - This is a big utility spell. On any fight that involves another player getting a debuff where they must be healed to 100% or heals are less effective or mana is restricted or they are taking massive damage over time (or … on and on) this spell can get around that. The power of this spell is not exactly evident until you find an encounter it is ideally suited for, which is the basis of a utility spell. The downside isn't that big of a downside so long as you aren't in danger.

Spiritual Guidance - It is instant. It looks like it costs a lot of mana (compared to the others). If we spam this 10 times, we will likely go oom anyway (we don't know what numbers are yet, but if health is sub 50K then mana will be too). If we are oom we aren't healing for 10s anyway (we are casting MB/Hymn of Hope). It is a single-target spell that they don't want us using instead of an aoe spell, or a triage spell that is more appropriate (hence the penalty - mana cost and reduced healing). Used strategically it may help to avoid wipes on fights with burst damage. This is one of those spells where the tooltip really leaves a lot to be explained. Does the healing reduction also affect this spell, absorbs, Atonement/PW: Solace healing, does it affect healing from things that were already cast (LW, Sanctuary, a Cascade that is still bouncing)?

Assuming that the 10% healing reduction applies to everything (except maybe spells that heal for a fixed percent like this spell), including absorbs and healing from atonement, then there is one interesting new sub-spec that this talent may make more viable: DPS Healing Priest. You could stay in Chastise Chakra and DPS full time. You would only need to use Saving Grace if someone falls below 50% and your LW is empty/on CD. It is instant, so you only lose a GCD. Your lack of being in Yellow Chakra does not affect the strength of the heal at all. The reduced healing for 10s does not affect you at all. You would simply have to avoid using this spell too much or you would always be oom. If nothing else this will make soloing mobs at level 100 much easier. Now if they would only give Priest healers another damage spell. I miss having DP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power of the Void just seems too dangerous for the Healer (and class) with the worst survivability in the game... Removing that heal is just too risky (I've actually been killed BY Void Shift in SoO, yes Void Shift itself killed me in the deathlog). I just can't seem myself specing any of these three talents. Giving up GH sucks, it push us more into that weird "niche" healer in a world where "niche" healers don't exist. PotW is too deadly for a Priest. I only have one "survivability" CD, Teir 4 talents, and that is pretty mediocre, I can't really afford to be Void Shifting with no heal.

Thus, I'll probably spec Spiritual Guidance and never actually use it. It's costly, it's super situational (again, that Niche that doesn't exist...), and it nerfs my healing by 10% a cast. At least I can choose not to use this spell, unlike the other two options which give up certain things.

Also, feel like they're making fun of Holy by giving us a talent called Spiritual Guidance and not giving us back the original Spiritual Guidance that Holy really could use...

Less related to the lvl 100 talents, and more to answer the different posts about item squish. I got yelled at for taking this picture, but it was too late I already got it. :P

Screenshots of stats after item squish just reinforce the necessity of the change, IMO. As a Priest, to go from (current) 700k HP to (assumed) just over 30k is a huge difference...and that's just health!

If I'm allowed a slight OCD moment, though...19k mana just seems weird.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Power of the Void just seems too dangerous for the Healer (and class) with the worst survivability in the game... Removing that heal is just too risky (I've actually been killed BY Void Shift in SoO, yes Void Shift itself killed me in the deathlog). I just can't seem myself specing any of these three talents. Giving up GH sucks, it push us more into that weird "niche" healer in a world where "niche" healers don't exist. PotW is too deadly for a Priest. I only have one "survivability" CD, Teir 4 talents, and that is pretty mediocre, I can't really afford to be Void Shifting with no heal.

Thus, I'll probably spec Spiritual Guidance and never actually use it. It's costly, it's super situational (again, that Niche that doesn't exist...), and it nerfs my healing by 10% a cast. At least I can choose not to use this spell, unlike the other two options which give up certain things.

Also, feel like they're making fun of Holy by giving us a talent called Spiritual Guidance and not giving us back the original Spiritual Guidance that Holy really could use...
    Disc priests have some of the best survivability in the game...

If you've been killed by void shift, you were clearly doing something very wrong.

The only thing that is remotely risky about removing the heal is void shifting a dk with purgatory unless you absolutely know you won't take any damage within a split second, since you can easily heal up with a healthstone/desperate prayer. Otherwise this talent really changes nothing, except maybe instead of void shifting someone at <10% you'll void shift people at ~20%.

Plus void shift talent + shifted appearances glyph = best combo ever.

I don't see PotV or Guidance in their current incarnation making it to beta, let alone live. Metzen did say that the current 100 talents are fairly loosey-goosey and that they're just looking for general feedback on their initial ideas - at least that's what I took from it.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2013-11-12 at 01:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the squish for 20man raiding as I believe it's the reason for alot of the lag/fps issues, but I don't want it, I like being a 700k hp Spriest god out in the world, I just know they are going to fuck something up and won't fix it for months, my one ray of hope is during one of the panels they said the squish is in atm but it's not 100% yet, anything could change between now and then
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again you miss my point and rush along to beg the question. First of all, I did not claim to have played in Vanilla as I have previously mentioned that TBC was my first xpac. All I've said was that I am aware of 2 facts:
    1) Shadow Priests were mana-batteries before Wotlk and that is something stated as a turning point for Wrath as they tried to push every dps spec to be viable.
    You're mis-informed. We were mana battery's only during TBC. We were completely redesigned for TBC, and for WotLK - in Vanilla we were mostly a PvP spec - but could do very respectable PvE damage once fully geared. That we were an unused spec, or that we didn't have Shadowform, or that we were mana batteries in Vanilla are all untrue. The other big reason that Shadow wasn't commonly used for raiding in Vanilla before Naxx was that Mind Blast was essentially a taunt (it wasnt, but it did Enormous threat) - and keeping Mind Blast on cooldown was the premise of all our single target damage at the time. Unless all your tanks had Thunderfury and high Strength - the Shadowpriest would end up tanking (if you can call a single hit to the face tanking).

I have never heard that, and I can find nothing on Google to support that - and when it comes to Shadow, I don't think it's unreasonable to say there are maybe a hundred people in the world who know more about Shadowpriest than I do. If you want to keep stating that as fact, provide a source - not some sort of Warlock RP rumour mill / fabrication of your mind. I played the WoW alpha client (leaked way back when), and while it was hardly playable at the time - I actually made an undead warlock on there and don't remember Shadowform (at that time, spells didn't even work - and there were no creatures in the world, just empty landscape - infact, I'm pretty sure talents weren't even in yet). It would be really bizarre if Warlocks had Shadowform back then, given Shadowpriests existed in Warcraft lore prior to World of Warcraft.

Moving on, I did not refer to a class giving something to another.
    I consider it quite downgrading for Warlocks to give Priests a talent "Power of the Void" with an effect called "Void Entropy".

I am saying that developers attempt to solidify the Shadow Priest identity by "borrowing" material from Warlocks, not because it is personal(lol), but simply because Warlocks are the only other "Dark Magic" competitors. Furthermore, you claim that Priests are about spiritual aspects, which is true and imply on top of it that the concept of Entropy, which is clearly an aspect of physics in both a literal and metaphorical to be a legit part of the Shadowpriest arsenal. It is ironical of you to mock humanities majors and claim to speak on behalf of the Priest class, as I following a degree on that field and it clearly has ideas associated with the theme of the class in general.
    The point was that you cited me two definitions you googled for Entropy, one of which was for physics, one of which was for some sort of social theory - the second of which was completely irrelevant to the topic, and I don't understand why you quoted it to me when you clearly wanted to talk about the physical definition as it relates to the second law of thermodynamics.

It is quite vague of you to characterize classes by associating them with songs. Why would a Warlock be "Metal" or a Priest something more tranquil/eerie? That would entirely depend on the roleplaying perspective. After all, classes are one's background of expertise and what sort of individual you are is entirely up to you in terms of story. For example, think of a Warlock attempting to unlock the secrets of the universe and a Priest being something similar to Benedictus. Would you apply that same stereotype to that? Don't think so. Ah and don't think I haven't noticed you ignoring my TCG statement twice in a row.
    I haven't ignored your wow card statement at all, every time you bring it up - I ask you to quote me anything from the cards, that is canon, and that supports your claims. You are citing a source that doesn't exist to back up a claim that seems to exist entirely in your mind (that warlocks have trademarks on all things "darkness" and "void", and that spriests are a guinea pig for warlock lore: both total nonsense).

Moreover, why would you refer to me as if I "am" a Warlock? I clarified that I am following both classes from the time I've started playing this game and that is because I'm mainly an RPer and my focus of interest is dark magic in its essence, not the show of it. Therefore, you should counter me as someone who is equally critical against both sides, not a Warlock advocate. Thus, if Priests for example, are proven to be the disciples of the Void, while Warlocks are merely focused on the Fel-powerhungry aspects, then in that case I "have nothing to do" with my Warlock.
    When you keep advocating that Warlocks are everything, and that Spriests are guinea pigs for Warlock ideas - it's hard to call you the impartial observer you think you are. You are a warlock advocate, regardless of whether you know it or not.

That is why,for example, I have not touched the class even since I've found out about the disappointment of the Warlock green fire quest. Why would I be envious of one of my "alternatives" in that case?
    The problem is you are confusing your personal roleplay-definition of what you would like a Warlock to be, with what Blizzard defines a Warlock to be. Warlocks are not Darkness/Void wizards, if anyone is - that's Shadowpriests. Warlocks are all about Fel and Demons and Faustian bargains. Here:

"In the face of demonic power, most heroes see death. Warlocks see only opportunity. Dominance is their aim, and they have found a path to it in the dark arts. These voracious spellcasters summon demonic minions to fight beside them. At first, they command only the service of imps, but as a warlock’s knowledge grows, seductive succubi, loyal voidwalkers, and horrific felhunters join the dark sorcerer’s ranks to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their master’s way"

At the risk of oversimplifying this, Warlocks are about demons, Shadowpriests are about darkness.

"These masters of the healing arts keep their companions fighting far beyond their normal capacities with an array of restorative powers and blessings. The divine forces at the priest’s command can also be turned against foes, smiting them with holy fury.

As light cannot exist without darkness, and darkness without light, some priests tap into shadow to better understand their own abilities, as well as the abilities of those who threaten them."

I realize that doesn't fit with your RP fan fiction, but that's Blizzards reality. They didn't give Warlocks green fire solely because Warlocks wanted green fire - they gave it to them because it makes sense given their magic is drawn from demonic sources, and demons use green fire.

All I am saying is that it is awesome from the Priest point of view to see the "Power of the Void", yet on the other hand I find it unfair for any Warlock who has thought of roleplaying the "Dark Side" in its serious sense. To elaborate further, I prefer the mental aspects of the mind and that is why someone would pick Priest over Warlock in terms of Dark Magic. That is why I am leaning towards Priest as well. The great "but" lies in how Priests are shifting to something "more", as in the "power of darkness" in general and that is definitely why it would probably be my first time to focus on solely one class, that being Priest. Even though I will be "happy", it does not negate the fact that it is unfair for Warlocks.
    It isn't unfair at all, warlocks - as I said at the start - know nothing of the void, and are only barely acquainted with darkness. I give birth to darkness, warlocks met a voidwalker at a party once and they agreed to hang out sometime.

We aren't becoming something "more" as you describe it, the term we use is is ascending - we are becoming Shadow Ascendants. This concept dates back to the original Warcraft lore, long before WoW.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-11-12 at 04:36 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

was kinda hoping a cd talent tier (even though we got tier 5 one but only PI is active one)

just bit confused with saving grace :/ bit weird (can it crit and make DA??) the pentaly seems bit weird too

from shadow pov they seem really neat!!
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

As light cannot exist without darkness, and darkness without light, some priests tap into shadow to better understand their own abilities, as well as the abilities of those who threaten them."

We aren't becoming something "more" as you describe it, the term we use is is ascending - we are becoming Shadow Ascendants. This concept dates back to the original Warcraft lore, long before WoW.
    Shadow ascendants are not exclusively Priests. Any believer of the Forgotten Shadow (Forsaken Faith) is a candidate to that state of being. I challenge you to find ONE aspect of lore that mentions the relation of Priests to the Void. It has been five years of looking into Priest lore and nothing to be found on that. Evidence required of course.

http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/images/car...e_void_woa.jpg
    http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/images/car...e_void_btp.jpg
    http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/images/car...trous_void.jpg
    http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/images/car.../void_pact.jpg
    http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/images/car...m/void_rip.jpg

Here are some cards on top of the skills I've mentioned before. There is not a SINGLE card referring to void and Priests and especially nothing in WoW prior to MoP that added Void Tendrils and Void Shift. As for the Warlock Shadowform trivia, all I can currently find is this forum link. However, every fact there can be indirectly proven true, which strengthens the validity of the thread and secondly, I assure you that I will post any less ambiguous link that I can find.

Deleted
    can we focus on the talents etc...who fu@@ing cares for lores ty !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    can we focus on the talents etc...who fu@@ing cares for lores ty !!!
    A lot of people do.
    Personally, I really enjoy reading some of Yvaelle's and Deviant's posts.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-11-14 at 11:43 PM.