Page 1 of 3
LastLast

confirmed melee hunter in WoD?

You all saw it in the trailer. Hunter in Melee. Im excited.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

I'm hesitant. Wasn't a big fan of moving in to melee, so I'm hoping that melee weapons would only really be used by survival spec.
    A return to melee also reintroduces a terrible possibility....the return of the dead zone! *lightning flashes*

Was it Rexxar? He's always been a Melee Hunter.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I wouldn't read too far in to it.

Could just be a regular Archer type, or even the old hunter style of having a melee weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It was a Draenei hunter with a bow and and sword, attacking with both. He also had a quiver on. Might be for dramatic effect, might be added feature. We'll know soon enough.

Deleted
    it might happen, hunters need to have the same style overhaul warlocks have, a melee spec could be worked in.

What?... Where the hell do you people come up with shit like this. jesus christ

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a space goat.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Hunters have melee skills now dont they? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    What?... Where the hell do you people come up with shit like this. jesus christ
    People will take anything at all and run miles with it. Welcome to humanity.

People see a trailer and assume...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Hunters have melee skills now dont they? =P

nope, they got removed in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked like a female orc to me. So I don't think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeal View Post
    I'm hesitant. Wasn't a big fan of moving in to melee, so I'm hoping that melee weapons would only really be used by survival spec.
    A return to melee also reintroduces a terrible possibility....the return of the dead zone! *lightning flashes*
    * Curls into a ball crying.*

No deadzone, no deadzone...so...many...deaths...so...many...deaths.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    People see a trailer and assume...
    Yeah assume/speculate/get excited. Heck that's what wow is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beast mastery could be turned into a cool melee spec, fighting alongside your pet.
    I'd like to see pets removed (at least as an option) from Marksmanship, and focus it more on the range weapon.
    And it would be awesome to see another poison added for Survival to focus it more on the poisons than anything else.
    Also I remember in the early Cata beta there was a talent called "mamba" where cobra shot spawned snakes to attack the target, it would be cool if this was integrated into Cobra Shot for Survival (it WAS BM) and that could be the source of the second poison.

Adding a 4th spec or completely revamping some of the specs (thus melee hunter) kinda seems like a big feature to leave out of the presentations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Melee hunters would be amazing.
    So amazing that Blizzard already tried it and removed it... Survival used to be a melee tree.

I saw the melee hunter as well, I liked what I saw but I wouldn't complain if we didn't get a melee spec.