Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I agree with you. Game needs fresh ideas and this x-pack seems underwhelming in terms of content but I am excited about new character models.

Could of swore the OP made a similar post yesterday and it got locked, really wise to do it again?

Ah yes. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-your-WALLETS

I don't really see a reason to buy this expansion. It doesn't help me at all when I'm sitting here stuck on a dead server. It does nothing at all for that. On top of that, there's no innovation at all, just copy pasted stuff from other games that are FREE. I honestly don't see a reason to buy this expansion. There's nothing 'new'. No new race, no new class, not even new race/class combinations. It's all the same stuff over again... which is working really well considering the last two expansions had massive increases in Subs right? I just don't get why they don't bother to try anything new and continue down this 'mediocre' path.

There's no other game like WoW really,...
    What? There are ton of games like WoW, where have you been? We've had a WoW like MMORPG like every year since WoW really started getting big, Warhammer Online, Rift, Aion, SWTOR, etc, in addition to the millions of free to play MMO out there.
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

I actually agree with most of the points to some degree.

Easy gearing is a big one for me, while I understand that some people treat it like a game and don't want it to feel like too much effort, there is obviously a flip side which I am on where I actually get my enjoyment from earning the gear not riding around an island opening chests for epics (that actually makes me sick). I feel we've gone too far in the direction of easy gearing, far too far. I don't know how people feel that the current method is at all enjoyable. Do you want epics and legendaries emailed to you?

Aesthetics vs Substance I sort of agree with. I do love my pretty pixels (just check my sig for my rig, it's a beast), but I hear you about the number of dungeons, and offering revamped character models as an expansions selling point or content. That should be something that comes as a patch for free, I mean everyone is going to get it regardless of whether they buy WoD or not, so how is it a selling point of WoD?

Community, meh. I think that because I have been playing MMOs for so long now it's more a case of being older, and some of the things kids say or do these days just seems immature, because it is. But 15 years ago I was the same. I do think that the casualization of WoW has contributed and some of the features that allow anonymity too, but really there were always assholes and the factors you mention aren't everything. I think the main difference now is that people don't rely on others to run dungeons or raids. You don't need to play nice to see the content, so people don't. Sad but true.

Time Sinks vs Substance is another mixed bag. On the one hand I think pet battles are a waste of time. On the other garrisons sounds really cool. I just have to accept that I can't always have content that is tailored for my tastes, other people play the game too. On the raid front, we're getting two raids with sixteen bosses at launch, and a new difficulty level. We're also getting scenarios and heroic versions of them all. Hard to complain in the face of that. It's a lot of content.

My biggest gripe is actually with the lore. Blizzard say that they want people to experience the early days of WoW's lore, but we're seeing a tiny part of what happened really, in Outland, and it is a modified part of history thanks to Garrosh's interference. We're going to meet some characters and get to know a bit of their story but it's not really going to tell the story of how it all began.

My second gripe is with the setting. Once again the focus seems to be Alliance vs Horde, no overarching villain(s) except Garrosh who sucks as a main bad guy. When WoW started it had a really dark feel, lot's of undead and demon related quests, dungeons and lore. I know we've beaten the Lich King and Kil'jaedan, but I feel we could be looking at much more interesting story arcs than this one. Also, where did Zangarmarsh go? My favourite zone, dammit!

Anyway I will probably buy this, but we'll have to wait and see how well it plays out. I like the look of this a whole lot more than MoP, so that's something.

Time-Sinks vs Substance: Would you rather have a Garrison that is a massive time-sink where you're instanced away from the interactive world so that you can gather materials easier and show off a few things or would you rather have more raids, more dungeons, dynamic quests, events, etc, and more content altogether? Very easy choice for me. What say you? This question can be made about a whole bunch of other topics/implementations that have been put in more recently.
    I am looking forward to a little RTS in my MMO. It's not any more a time-sink then raiding is. It's both part of a game, something fun to do. One is not better then the other, just different. Some people would rather see more raids then the Garrison, some people exactly the opposite. Why remove either?

I will speak with my wallet. I will pre-order WoD as soon as it's available, even the digital CE if the rewards are nice, and will resubscribe. I'll also be playing 72 hours straight at launch to get to 100 asap

Quote Originally Posted by SquishySquirrel View Post
    What? There are ton of games like WoW, where have you been? We've had a WoW like MMORPG like every year since WoW really started getting big, Warhammer Online, Rift, Aion, SWTOR, etc, in addition to the millions of free to play MMO out there.
    there isn't any game out there yet that is even worthy to be called " Wow copy "

I'll be buying the expansion like I have every single expansion before.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Deleted
    Blizzard can take all my money with this expansion! We need more whining about the new xpac btw, you guys are totally not aking the mop highscore of QQ's after the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Ill be buying the ce of WoD
    Same, and that is how I speak up with my wallet