Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The talents all look useful enough, from a Ret's perspective at least, but Seal of Faith and Divine Conviction both seem like mundane abilities that would just be baked into the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    The talents all look useful enough, from a Ret's perspective at least, but Seal of Faith and Divine Conviction both seem like mundane abilities that would just be baked into the class.
    Divine Conviction is just Holy TV 100% of the time. Sounds good to me. No ability bloat and a better affect.

15+ Year Old Account
    A 30% of max life hot just for casting judgement? Holy bloody hell

Quick math: at 1mil health it's 15k hps at no haste. Doesn't look all that shabby to me
    Last edited by arel00; 2013-11-09 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    A 30% of max life hot just for casting judgement? Holy bloody hell

Quick math: at 1mil health it's 15k hps at no haste. Doesn't look all that shabby to me
    Im sure the item squish comes with the new talent's, so i wouldn't do math with 1m HP.
    Sig by Thor

Dat 1/2 of second wind except it's our final talent <_< (granted it works from 0 100, not 0 to 35)

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy having passive talents. We don't need more CDs for sure. Just from a quick glance I think my favorite is that Final Verdict. I wonder if the animation would be the same or different.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I enjoy having passive talents. We don't need more CDs for sure. Just from a quick glance I think my favorite is that Final Verdict. I wonder if the animation would be the same or different.
    It will be totaly flashy flashy and shit.
    Sig by Thor

I love every one of those talents for Holy

Underwhelming talents for holy paladins. Is blizzcon already started? or this is some kind of joke? or we are going to have more information tomorrow/today about class change? If they keep holy paladin as they are today i will just reroll another class.

I like the talents, although I can certainly see some issues. I guess I'll post all my thoughts.

Holy:
    Double Beacon could be a pain if we can't choose which one gets switched, as Voidspark said. If we do get to choose though, this certainly opens up some interesting options. Even if we don't, this still gives us some new choices on how to heal.
    Seal of Faith: The damage boost is nice and would allow for a better hybrid healing style. Since they're getting rid of hit and expertise I can see us being reliable in melee too. Seal twisting might rear its head though since the 10% spell haste from Insight might be difficult to pass up.
    Saved by the Light: Typical "ohshit" button I guess. It'll be useful, especially if there's a fight where people get taken down low one at a time so we can Beacon them.

Prot:
    Empowered Seals: That's some nice seal effects, but it'll just encourage seal twisting. Swap to Righteousness and judge to increase attack speed, then swap to Insight to get the heal and attack faster to boot! Unless the effect only works while using that seal, in which case it's nice versatility if we find switching seals is worth it.
    Seal of Faith: Using this with WoG or EF could be quite powerful if we don't care so much about own DPS. As with holy though, seal twisting might become a pain.
    Holy Shield: Boring for a level 100 talent, but might change gearing a bit since Mastery can turn into DPS.

Ret:
    Empowered Seals: Same stuff as Prot. If the aim is to maximize damage then swapping between Righteousness and Truth could end up doing the most DPS if they don't do the numbers right. If the buff is only up while using the right seal then things would be different.
    Seal of Faith: Might tie into a hybrid healer role along with the Battle Healer glyph (if it's still in place), but it feels weird for Ret. Unless people are more accepting of hybrids, this talent won't get picked at all by Ret.
    Final Verdict: I suspect we'll end up mathing out this versus the Seal of Truth option for Empowered Seals and see which one comes out ahead. This could end up being better or worse based on the T75 talent chosen. Woohoo, more combinations to test in SimC! [/sarcasm]

I was kinda hoping to be able to use Judgment on an ally to heal them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs to freak out less. This is literally the very first iteration of these talents we've seen. There's months until the beta starts, I'm sure, and time beyond that until it actually comes out. Calm your shit.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Everyone needs to freak out less. This is literally the very first iteration of these talents we've seen. There's months until the beta starts, I'm sure, and time beyond that until it actually comes out. Calm your shit.
    Fredzilla!

Totally agree though, all the talents are subject to change and it won't do us any good to freak out over them unless we can use that freaking to make good cases for change. I expect that'll only happen when the beta comes out or we can otherwise crunch numbers. I know Theck will be all over the talents for Prot...

And I really hope that healing can get added better to SimC so we can compare the DPS and HPS outputs of hybrid specs.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-11-09 at 05:00 AM.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    It warms my heart every time someone actually gets it. I do still like the idea at least of constant holy TVs after how nice the proc was in ToT, exciting or not.

Holy TV is absolutely needed. Gotta keep scaling well going into beta. No need to try to overdo anything fancy and break the class. Beta is dangerous for ret D:

yeah we should just trust that blizzard will have a 100% change when dealing with holy paladins.

It warms my heart every time someone actually gets it. I do still like the idea at least of constant holy TVs after how nice the proc was in ToT, exciting or not.
    Fully holy finishers are divine.

I felt wrong just typing that...
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachblossom View Post
    yeah we should just trust that blizzard will have a 100% change when dealing with holy paladins.
    Beta hasnt even been hinted at starting anytime soon. No point in complaining about it. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Fully holy finishers are divine.

I felt wrong just typing that...
    As well you should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy TV is absolutely needed. Gotta keep scaling well going into beta. No need to try to overdo anything fancy and break the class. Beta is dangerous for ret D:
    I remember certain beta's where ret got nerfed to dead before it hit live and they had to rebuff us..
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    I remember certain beta's where ret got nerfed to dead before it hit live and they had to rebuff us..
    Which ones? I think SimC and other tools have gotten good enough that we aren't getting our DPS murdered on PTR/beta before it comes out.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Which ones? I think SimC and other tools have gotten good enough that we aren't getting our DPS murdered on PTR/beta before it comes out.
    Cata beta was one of it, also people may remember the whineing for the pre patch of wotlk in BC? Where they cried a river how OP we're? Even they should have known it's spell tweaked for level 80 and not 70, we had to get a little buff, Blizzard is pretty fast in hitting the nerf button on ret paladin.
    Sig by Thor