10+ Year Old Account

My view on the "Time Travel"

After reading up on other people's posts and discussions I think it's time to bring my own theory to the forums in it's own thread.

What I think happens when Garrosh is "going back in time" is in fact him going to an alternate reality(or universe), a reality that began approximately around 30 years after our own.

Let's say that the Opening of the dark portal is year 0 and that each game/expansion moves the year by 1(just to keep it simple)

Our reality has warcraft 1, 2, beyond the dark portal, 3, reign of chaos, wow, expac 1,2,3,4 and now 5. that's 11 theoretical years.
    their reality only has warcraft 1 and 2 and beyond the dark portal I think... since we do see Khadgar there, meaning he did go through the portal once before. so that's only 3 theoretical years.

Now the Red colored Dark portal will takes us to this reality and merge it with our own, allowing them to spill into our world and us to spill into theirs. And being 2 separate realities it wouldn't change anything in our past, so no retcons required for us. Their future will however probably change, and they will not have the same events that we had from now on.

See the whole retcon of our timeline was turning me from the expansion, a Mixing of two timelines, like Sliders, where there are two separate timelines, really excites me. This means everything DID happen, but now we are dealing with the converging of two timelines into new third future. This could be pretty awesome in concept.

I now wonder though, is the old path to the outland's still there? And if so how do we get to it? Obviously a Red Dark Portal means the old Green one is gone. (Blue prior to TBC and WoD) ...
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

they said during the live stream that everything happened as they were up to the point where Garrosh came back in time, somewhere in the middle of the Rise of the Horde era, after that things changed, spawning another reality - in other words, a new timeline was branched off of the Prime timeline beginning at the point where Garrosh came back in time

not sure if that's what you said, but that's what's happening - and it works, so great job Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    they said during the live stream that everything happened as they were up to the point where Garrosh came back in time, somewhere in the middle of the Rise of the Horde era, after that things changed, spawning another reality - in other words, a new timeline was branched off of the Prime timeline beginning at the point where Garrosh came back in time

not sure if that's what you said, but that's what's happening - and it works, so great job Blizzard
    That's similar to what I said yeah ... in my case I saw the second reality as a delayed one... our universe started in year 0, their started when ours was already in year 8... do consider that I made this before I saw all the stuff shown in the live stream(still didn't see it, I'm waiting to find youtube vids of the thing)

This is how I viewed it when Metzen was talking about it not being "a time traveling expansion", but instead a "Draenor" expansion.