Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Looks like great fun. I for one don't have time to spend hours on end playing one round, so i've never really gotten into them. This looks far more fun and approachable. Really looking forward to it. And whiners - they're not aiming at DOTA 2 fans, that ship has already sailed. They're aiming at people like me.

Deleted
    I've never been a fan of Starcraft but I'll get used to heroes from it I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM3tod View Post
    i didnt think they said there will be 20 min time limit. they said that the average time lenght of game is 20 min or am i wrong?
    Well, I'm not sure now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Let me clarify, this game will not have a competitive scene, nor will it seriously compete with LoL or Dota in the moba market.
    Blizzard didn't say they want the game to be a competitive one. They clearly said that is up to the community.

I too doubt a game with a 20 minutes limit mark can have competitive play but it is possible if the community of this game wants it, along with the devs of the game of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uttrik View Post
    MOBAs create some of the worst gaming communities. Be prepared to be yelled at a lot if you aren't at least some what decent at MOBA games.
    Mobas?

You mean online games. No online game is an exception to this. Also, a few bad apples shouldn't be able to make you quit a game if you actually like the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    I don't understand the removal of last hitting. Being ahead in cs grants lane control and the obvious advantage of better items. Is there even items? This all sounds a bit meh tbh. I don't like the emphasis on team coordination either. Sure it's great with 4 friends on Skype but in a random groups it's horrible.
    There are no items in the game, that's why last hitting doesn't matter. All you need is XP and that is global.

Deleted
    Team experience rather than solo progression, talent trees rather than grinding for items, no "last hit on player kill" bonuses

This is something that will prevent the pple from "OMG look what he bought" "omg noob KS" "noob lvl 4 while everyone is level 8" and all that negative shit from other MOBAS

But as they said: "If you are bad you will be bad"

Sooo happy

Definitely feeling apprehensive about this. Hop into any public MOBA match today and see why basing a MOBA around team play is a bad idea. Furthermore, people like the concept of individual progression and getting super sick items and stomping the other team. It's a deeply rewarding part of the game when you go 22-0 and are decked out in the best items.

The art design is amazing though and I like the concept of more side objectives, but the overall gameplay still raises a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Team experience rather than solo progression, talent trees rather than grinding for items, no "last hit on player kill" bonuses

This is something that will prevent the pple from "OMG look what he bought" "omg noob KS" "noob lvl 4 while everyone is level 8" and all that negative shit from other MOBAS

But as they said: "If you are bad you will be bad"

Sooo happy
    And? You think being forced to work with 4 random people is the epitome of "fun"? Have you played any MOBA? The idea in theory sounds fun, but in all reality it WILL play out badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioxy View Post
    And? You think being forced to work with 4 random people is the epitome of "fun"? Have you played any MOBA? The idea in theory sounds fun, but in all reality it WILL play out badly.
    LoL and dota 2 don't revolve around teamwork as much as this game probably will, hence not that essential to win a game, at least in LoL since one person alone in there can win a game. This will not be possible in Heroes of the Storm.

So the comparison of the teamwork required of this game to say dota 2 or LoL is not a good one because those two don't promote that much of teamwork since one person can carry the game alone without the help of others.

What's amazing to me is that this game is no where near complete, not even in Beta yet (though it will be soon), and everyone's assuming it's going to stay exactly as it's been presented here. Further you haven't played it. You haven't seen matches of it yet. There's so much time in which things could change. Hearthstone from the presentation looks dumb, but it's SUPER fun. It's all about the gameplay, which is no where near it's final iteration.

It's premature and completely absurd to make any conclusions on whether the game will be good or not. If it's not a lot of fun, I doubt Blizzard will release it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwythian View Post
    What's amazing to me is that this game is no where near complete, not even in Beta yet (though it will be soon), and everyone's assuming it's going to stay exactly as it's been presented here. Further you haven't played it. You haven't seen matches of it yet. There's so much time in which things could change. Hearthstone from the presentation looks dumb, but it's SUPER fun. It's all about the gameplay, which is no where near it's final iteration.

It's premature and completely absurd to make any conclusions on whether the game will be good or not. If it's not a lot of fun, I doubt Blizzard will release it.
    The game looks practically finished and there has been already a few matches shown in BlizzCon.

I dont like MOBA but this appears to be awesome, I want to play it with my friends. =)

I like the 20 minute timer.....50 minute LoL games are a pain. The laning phase could easily be halved time-wise and it wouldn't detract from the experience at all imo.

10 mins laning/buildup, 10 mins pushing/teamfights. Sounds good to me.

I hope this game shakes the genre up.

Strange that once again Blizzard has gotten me interested in a genre I've never even been remotely in to. First CCG with Hearthstone and now MOBA with HoTS, canot wait to play Malfurion XD