Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Probable release date for Warlord of Draenor

We can expect to wait for the winter and this year to finish, wait til next spring past and for the summer to fade away... so around this same time in 2014 for Warlord of Draenor to release right? about 1 more year? or a little less?

1 year in SoO with 10/14 HC down........ i god not another ICC. pls be like februaryish

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine late spring/early summer. They have the stated mission of pushing content faster and eventually want a yearly expansion cycle. 6 months per major patch has been pretty clockwork in MoP. Hopefully it continues.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Deleted
    Consider that MoP was released 25th of September 2012, While being revealed 21st of October 2011, While the beta testing started 21st of mars 2012. Yeah..My conclusion would be, Beta in 4Months, then another 6months of beta. We're looking at 10 months aprox

End of May or early June.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    1 year in SoO with 10/14 HC down........ i god not another ICC. pls be like februaryish
    Based on their progress, which seems to be further behind than MoP, it could well be worse than ICC.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Late spring definitely

Blizzard could ill afford to wait longer

There is no real way around a fall release, for simple market reasons. The fall season is the one where the most sales are made, which is why nearly all the big titles launch then - and why every WoW expansion ever has launched in fall (except TBC which got pushed back a bit into January). Blizzard is a profit-oriented company, and as such they will time their product releases according to maximum gain. They of course *promise* that the last tier won't last a year... but we've had ICC, Dragon Soul, and now Siege of Orgrimmar follow almost the exact same schedule. There is simply no way for them to realistically do it any other way, except if they inserted an extra raid tier, which they've already said they won't (and haven't done in the past, well, no real tier anyway *cough* Ruby Sanctum *cough*). Then there's the beta period, too. They can't release with a two-month beta, they need way more. Heck, they couldn't make a spring release if they followed a tier patch beta schedule, let alone an expansion pack one!

So yeah, same as always: WoD in fall 2014, and SoO until then. Yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    End of May or early June.
    Let's not forget Reaper of Souls will release around that time. They can't have two expansion dates close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Consider that MoP was released 25th of September 2012, While being revealed 21st of October 2011, While the beta testing started 21st of mars 2012. Yeah..My conclusion would be, Beta in 4Months, then another 6months of beta. We're looking at 10 months aprox
    Nope. Beta will start this month or early december. Some zones are already out and people are playing it as we speak.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    I put my chips on May~August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    No chance.
    That's what worries me. The lackluster reveal, the clear lack of features, and more than likely a rushed release.

This isn't the same Blizzard that gave us BC. This is all but Activision now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Based on their progress, which seems to be further behind than MoP, it could well be worse than ICC.
    Entry zones as well as the entry dungeon is playable right now.

That's what worries me. The lackluster reveal, the clear lack of features, and more than likely a rushed release.

Watch the panel, if you can't wait for all the information to come out and read its compilation, then comment.

If you are not up to that your statements pan out to be that of a zealous hater being highly reportable.

Please get more knowledge from the shared/presented information and evaluate your thoughts before sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Let's not forget Reaper of Souls will release around that time. They can't have two expansion dates close to each other.
    They can and will if they are done that close together. They aren't going to hold off an expansion to their giant cash cow for Diablo. Get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Entry zones as well as the entry dungeon is playable right now.
    How are they looking? I've heard both look very much unfinished.

every final raid tier lasts about a year.

see you all in september.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for March-April release.
    Butts.

April at the earliest, May to June is my expectation, July is unlikely but possible, August or later I'd be happy to bet against.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

I think they could get away with fewer features, so long as they can stick to a shorter wait between expansion releases. That's ... the only way they'll keep my sub. I hope it's out by early summer, I won't be surprised if it's not but I won't need to keep my subscription up because I expect to have accomplished all I intended to (raid wise) by mid- to late-spring.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig