Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah I'm not feeling this, skimpy is fine if done well but the chest/bikini bottom did not match the rest of the outfit.

Freaking amazing costume.

Deleted
    I thought the woman dressed as Valerian Mengsk was pretty good looking.

Deleted
    just one word, niceeeeee.

So I've gone through this thread and so far haven't seen one person say her name, so I actually made an account just to satisfy your needs. The name is Mao Xiaoduo Sina, a Chinese PAID model, who cosplays whatever other artist build for her. Blizzard probably knew about this considering that they told a fake name and I think that's also one of the reasons she didn't get anywhere near the finalists. Also I think the judges are really fair with their picks. They picked the person who made her costume without any info on what it could look like and really put some effort into making something that doesn't yet exist. Also I've never seen them pick a finalist just because they wear close to nothing and attract with sex appeal...

Even editing the post to add a link doesn't allow it since I haven't got enough posts, however I can probably do this:

http worldcosplay(dot)net /member /24721 /photos

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I'm gonna start working on it right away, I love sylvanas, and unlike these other guys, I'm skinny, 150 pounds, tight, and tall, so I'm pretty sure I will be the exact gender mirror of sylvanis, with a g-string of course. You'll know me when you see me keep your eyes out.
    Sorry to say this but... The "Lich Queen" already did a Sylvanas Windrunner, I'll add the "link" (cant post them yet so you'll have to work around it) for her picture. But it's photoshoped like the ones for Lich Queen

http photo(dot)blog(dot)sina(dot)com(dot)cn /photo /1339657685 /4fd98dd5gx6Bg6FG7Nr15
    Last edited by Frko; 2013-11-11 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Adding links

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kukob View Post
    just one word, niceeeeee.
    Double that

Deleted
    I'd raid her.

The thread is too long to read. So I'll just say this:

She was planning to cosplay Kerrigan, but the flight company did not allow her to bring that suit (wing-like thingy), so she had to turn to plan B, the LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised
    Eschewing amor for mobility has been very common throughout history. When this argument comes up, I like to point to the historical inaccuracy of Keira Knightley's armour in King Arthur - she's wearing far more than would be realistic.

As for being cold in Northrend, she's undead; it really doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Nothing wrong with slut shaming at all.

It's a family event. If you're going to dress like a prostitute, you shouldn't be allowed in.

Society is so ass backwards these days.

I'm done with this forum. Too many edgy retards.
    I see you got banned. One less 'edgy retard' it is then.

As to the OP, I'm not a fan of the costume, bit to revealing. The detail on it is amazing though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    She is a Chinese. In Chinese wan jia means player. So her name is Fanny.
    Lol her name is Fanny :3

OT: Wouldn't she be cold? I mean the lich king got his warm fluffy armor for a reason.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-11-11 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frko View Post
    Even editing the post to add a link doesn't allow it since I haven't got enough posts, however I can probably do this:

http://worldcosplay.net/member/24721/photos

Sorry to say this but... The "Lich Queen" already did a Sylvanas Windrunner, I'll add the "link" (cant post them yet so you'll have to work around it) for her picture. But it's photoshoped like the ones for Lich Queen

http://photo.blog.sina.com.cn/photo/...5gx6Bg6FG7Nr15
    Fixed the links.

Has feminism arrived in this thread yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Has feminism arrived in this thread yet?
    This thread wouldn't even be here if it had. A girl dressed up for a Cosplay competition. The end.

I swear that there was some fan-art done of a genderbent Lich King in this exact costume, complete with the little skull panties, and that this is actually a cosplay of that fanart, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, and I'm not about to go on a terrifying google adventure to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This thread wouldn't even be here if it had. A girl dressed up for a Cosplay competition. The end.
    ...Women do cosplay all the time. Most are only remarking on the fact that it's basically a bikini with skulls and a pretty nice helm. But still, I swear this design actually originated from a fanart. If I'm right, that actually makes me like it a lot more.

As it is, it just seems excessive to basically just be wearing the Lich Bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hardly dressed up.

I thought it was about the costume, not about the person wearing it. Honestly, her costume is mostly just bodypaint.

What's wrong with some good full plate armour?

Deleted
    Damn she's HOT!

People need to grow up. Someone's cute and sexy, great. Why not show everyone her cosplay just cos she's nice. Nobody complained about the chubby ones showing their skin. Or that Diablo Barbarian in a loincloth? Is this some perverted kind of reverse sexism? I see a future where nobody beautiful lets anyone make pictures of him/her, because they might get labelled as sluts/whores just because of the way they look. Nevermind the actual craftwork they put into their costumes or the art behind that.

This thread, coupled with the recent 'LGBT laws in Russia' makes me very sad. Most of the western culture seems to believe 'being immoral and intentionally bringing your human nature closer to animal instincts' means 'freedom'.

Mr. finskee is the master of logical fallacies here - you do nothing but call out everyone who makes a point on their 'slut-shaming'. Guess what: if a woman does everything with a hidden agenda of getting attention, it doesn't mean your americandreamish-shit like 'she's doing what she wants because she's free!'. It means only one thing: she's attention-whoring. If the only thing you can do to attract attention is to appeal to men's animal instincts, then, duh, you're just whoring/slutting yourself out. Stop using fallacies and sophistication to prove otherwise. It doesn't even matter what we're talking about - it's not just about cosplay and this particular woman. There's plenty of movies, books, pieces of art, cartoons, anime etc that are filled with so-called 'fanservice', which is, in essence, just an whoring-out attempt to play on primitive stuff.

As someone in this thread stated, look at that Wrynn girl cosplayer. She's not half-naked, even her body doesn't look ideal. Yet she is beautiful, sexy, attractive and her cosplay (not just the costume, but the whole feel brought up by the combination of it with the person who wears it) is very spectacular. Yet you probably think she 'isn't free', bah.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I swear that there was some fan-art done of a genderbent Lich King in this exact costume, complete with the little skull panties, and that this is actually a cosplay of that fanart, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, and I'm not about to go on a terrifying google adventure to find it.

...Women do cosplay all the time. Most are only remarking on the fact that it's basically a bikini with skulls and a pretty nice helm. But still, I swear this design actually originated from a fanart. If I'm right, that actually makes me like it a lot more.

As it is, it just seems excessive to basically just be wearing the Lich Bikini.
    Why is is excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hardly dressed up.

I thought it was about the costume, not about the person wearing it. Honestly, her costume is mostly just bodypaint.

What's wrong with some good full plate armour?
    Nothing wrong with either. The problem is why the contention that there should be a preference for the latter over the former because the former is somehow morally wrong and offers some kind of negative reflection on the woman wearing it.