Deleted

Galakras HC easy?

Is it just me or is Galakras 10 man heroic incredible easy?
    We one shotted it last night with guild first try we ever did on him.
    It just felt like normal with a bit more dmg

I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't harder, but anyway nice to get some progress
    Last edited by mmoc839f8ce996; 2013-11-08 at 08:39 AM.

The first 8 bosses are incredibly easy.

Deleted
    Keep in mind you are way overgeared at this point, but yes.. he's always been very easy. The tactic for him is obnoxious and boring and there is literally no numbers check or way to wipe unless someone derps massively until the last phase (10 or more min in....). At that point it's hit or miss.

Was easy the first week too, we killed it in 5 attempts IIRC. Most of people's problem on this fight the first couple weeks stem from not sending more DPS up the first tower compared to the second, and doing the Galakras phase wrong. If you make sure NPCs attack Galakras and rotate the debuff well enough that no one goes over too many stacks, the fight really is exactly like normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The first 8 bosses are incredibly easy.
    Pretty much this.

Immerseus: Higher learning curve than most imho
    Protectors: It's normal mode with more health
    Norushen: It's normal mode with more health
    Sha of Pride: Harder than the previous 3.
    Galakras: It's normal mode with more health (oh wait, there are 6 goblins to kill with about 2m health that do NOTHING)
    Juggernaut: It's normal mode with more health
    Nazgrim: It's normal mode with more health + 1 more add
    Spoils: It's normal mode with more health + super orbs
    Thok: It's normal mode with more health + bats + yeti

Siege, Malk, Klaxxi. These 3 actually require some strategy changes.

The only difficult part of Galakras is when the first tower opens up and the drakes start spamming Drakefire, everything before and after the first tower is easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanilith View Post
    The only difficult part of Galakras is when the first tower opens up and the drakes start spamming Drakefire, everything before and after the first tower is easy.
    You must have some really crappy healers or we have some really good ones, because we never actually took too much damage from that. It's only like 30% more damage than on normal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveReadycheck View Post
    Pretty much this.

Immerseus: Higher learning curve than most imho
    Protectors: It's normal mode with more health
    Norushen: It's normal mode with more health
    Sha of Pride: Harder than the previous 3.
    Galakras: It's normal mode with more health (oh wait, there are 6 goblins to kill with about 2m health that do NOTHING)
    Juggernaut: It's normal mode with more health
    Nazgrim: It's normal mode with more health + 1 more add
    Spoils: It's normal mode with more health + super orbs

Siege, Malk, Klaxxi. These 3 actually require some strategy changes.
    Although I'm yet to get to thok hc I would argue thok requires more strat differences than malkrok. Only difference on malkorok is "tank solos blood rage"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You must have some really crappy healers or we have some really good ones, because we never actually took too much damage from that. It's only like 30% more damage than on normal
    depends if you 2 or three heal it. It can get quite dicey with two healers with all the drakefire coming in. Or was the first week we killed it anyways

Deleted
    The drakefires sometimes attack the same target 3 times at basically the same time, insta killing him, which is the biggest problem with it.

Deleted
    The extra health on thok is quite high, and it forces you to do the encounter properly. It is kinda like saying heroic paragons = normal paragons with more health. While it is true, the encounter is completely different since you actually need to do it properly.

I dont know, maybe it was just because we were so undergeared when we were at thok, but thok was actually kinda hard for us. Malkorok was a pissy pushover in comparison to thok. But i guess it is easier to overgear thok than malk, so guilds reaching thok now probably thinks it is easier.

Drakefire is about double the normal mode damage, and can get pretty brutal if two hit 1 person at the same time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Although I'm yet to get to thok hc I would argue thok requires more strat differences than malkrok. Only difference on malkorok is "tank solos blood rage"
    Differences on Thok HC.

Poison cage 1st, Frost 2nd (backwards from normal)
    Kill some bats during 2nd stack (20 seconds and done)
    Avoid yeti during 3rd stack (trivial)

Unless you forgot to change Malkorok to Heroic, you forgot all the silly orbs that require management. Much easier on 25m because a few hunters and rogues can basically eliminate them altogether. on 10man it requires some good dancing and some focus.

Thok just felt like a gear check. Apart from learning the timing of the casts and rotating CDs. it's no skill required by dps

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The extra health on thok is quite high, and it forces you to do the encounter properly. It is kinda like saying heroic paragons = normal paragons with more health. While it is true, the encounter is completely different since you actually need to do it properly.
    We did it "properly" from day1 so that's possibly why I noticed no difference. We never cheesed anything and always stacked in groups, even on easy mode.

Deleted
    We did it "properly" from day1 so that's possibly why I noticed no difference. We never cheesed anything and always stacked in groups, even on easy mode.
    Yeah, but in easy mode you dont need to take close to 30 stacks in the P1s and kite for 7 kiters in the kite phase.

Granted, of course you do need to do that anymore in heroic aswell with the gear people have nowadays, but atleast when we reached thok it was a very tight dps check, and because the dps check was so tight you had to play the fight perfectly. Thok is one of those fights that +3 item level average on your group changes the boss from very hard to trivial.

I see your guild had 6.5 higher average item level than us when you first killed thok, so that probably explains the difference in opinion. Those 6 item levels spread over your entire group completely changes the progression of that fight.

As we said in our raid group, thok was the first boss that felt like a real heroic mode to us in SoO.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-08 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Drakefire is about double the normal mode damage, and can get pretty brutal if two hit 1 person at the same time.
    I recall it doing 160k on normal and about 230k on hc. Anyways no big difference.
    We two heal it by the way and have never experienced any issues with it.

The only difficult part of Galakras is when the first tower opens up.
    Last edited by redamzcy; 2013-11-09 at 03:32 PM.