View Poll Results: D3's Disintegrate

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • We got Arcane Orb, why not?

17 31.48%
  • Thats a stupid question, of course its an awesome spell. Make it happen already.

44 81.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D3's Disintegrate for Mages in WoD

Disintegrate is the spell I first saw on the Box art of Diablo 3 and the moment I saw it I bought D3 just so I could be the wizard with a handheld Phaser set to Frag.

My one wish is to see this spell take its rightful place in the World of Warcraft Mage spellbook.

Vote yes for Proposition Death for Mages.

I've seen JJ Abrams Star Trek and I approve this message.

I mean, sure, but how exactly would it work? A channeled spell that does damage to the closest target in the direction you're facing?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    This is a great thread. Worth the 2 minutes I invested.
    It took you 2 minutes to read that?

On topic, I second the motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Deleted
    Sorry to break this to you but... http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115422/

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Sorry to break this to you but... http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115422/
    Except it works NOTHING like Disintegrate.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Well we already know that we don't get a level 95 spell, we already know the level 100 talents
    Unless the level 90 talents are vastly more changed than I expect the ship has already sailed on it being in WoD

Deleted
    Doubt it, WoW hasnt had this kind of skillshots.

Poll options are:

Yes
    and yes

Hi Sephurik

I don't think we were meant to take the poll seriously, especially as it was never going to have any impact on Blizzard's decision making process (especially as they have already made the decision)

If it makes you feel better I would have voted no too, WoW's UI doesn't really have any good way of aiming such spells

it would just end up being a frontal cone aoe. they couldnt really implement deathray. It is an awesome ability though.

I'd like diamond skin or slow time or force wave or archon more tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If it makes you feel better I would have voted no too, WoW's UI doesn't really have any good way of aiming such spells
    I imagine it'd be like old Light of Dawn, in the sense that it was a square in front of you rather than the intended cone. Lasers are more like a square than a cone.

I don't think this is really doable in WoW's engine, both from a usability view as well as functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think this is really doable in WoW's engine, both from a usability view as well as functionality.
    If you think of it like Mind Flay, except it's not targeted, then I think it might be doable. The only problem would be moving the laser.

Moving the laser is a big problem and basically what I meant by "the UI doesn't support it"

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Moving the laser is a big problem and basically what I meant by "the UI doesn't support it"
    Actually, it could kinda work like a Hunter's Barrage I guess. They could make it less free-form than it is in D3 and simply make it like Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole (from League of Legends), except it'd be a continuous amount of damage that can be intercepted rather than a single shot.

(In terms those who don't play the League can follow): Disintegrate fires a beam headed for your target and deals continuous damage. If a target gets in the way of your laser, they are attacked instead of your target. Once the target is killed/is no longer blocking the laser, your original target will be the one taking the damage again.

That's rather different from Disintegrate, though. Disintegrate pierces through all targets up till maximum range no matter what.

PEW PEW Lazors!

I think it's more of an iconic D3 thing personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As an instant spell It would end as as fire version of Cone of Cold, so maybe ¿as a channeled spell? But if it has to be an aoe channeled spell it needs more flexibility than Blizzard spell. So it has to be casteable while moving, but then Desintegrate becomes Hunter's Barrage....

Don't know, I don't see how this spell could be unique.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's rather different from Disintegrate, though. Disintegrate pierces through all targets up till maximum range no matter what.
    Really? I remember it stopping at the first target... huh.

Then again I haven't played D3 in awhile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    As an instant spell It would end as as fire version of Cone of Cold, so maybe ¿as a channeled spell? But if it has to be an aoe channeled spell it needs more flexibility than Blizzard spell. So it has to be casteable while moving, but then Desintegrate becomes Hunter's Barrage....

Don't know, I don't see how this spell could be unique.
    Change it to Viktor's* Death Ray? Would actually be pretty cool/unique, but the problem would then become how to target it well...

(Another League of Legends champ)