Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are there any plans on an Elder Scrolls-esque "difficulty slider" that affects leveling difficulty?

Or a slider that affects how "squished" your gear will be, so as to affect the difficulty of fighting other mobs?
    Last edited by Aaros; 2013-11-09 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I wish someone would shout out 'Good job on destroying most 10 man raid guilds!'
    You can still have a 10 man raid guild. Or a 14 man raid guild, or a 25 man raid guild or whatever size you want. You're no longer forced into having a specific (or stable) number of players for your raid guild unless you want to be a Mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    dumbing down clearly.

reforging theory crafting gone.
    mix matching hit/exp/dodge/parry gone
    more enchants but for less items with less types of stats? vanity enchants?

more epic's going to be handed out like candy.
    Because people didn't just google/use mods/use a website for reforging and stat mix matching in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    You can still have a 10 man raid guild. Or a 14 man raid guild, or a 25 man raid guild or whatever size you want. You're no longer forced into having a specific (or stable) number of players for your raid guild unless you want to be a Mythic raider.
    Well I'm a heroic raider now so of course I want to be a Mythic raider in 6.0, which is why it bothers me. I wouldn't complain about something that didn't affect me.

Deleted
    Hit and Expertise don't feel like a bonus, so they are now gone!
    Dodge and Parry, gone!
    Reforging, gone!

[...]

They have lowered the entry barrier and now even a 3-year-old baby can play this game.

So be it. Welcome to World Of DumbCraft (again).

Deleted
    Lifesteal, Cleave , Avoidance? Actually really cool changes !

World of Warcraft is a game you play with friends. WoD will remove barriers that stop you from playing with friends and encourage you to make new friends.
    I have no friends I don't like playing with others and I especially don't like being FORCED to play with others.

Random matchmaking is going to feel like a last resort.
    ugh.

Raid Finder is there to let you see the content and story, almost like a Tourist mode.
    Ugh.. Why bother with lfr then? Just give everything 1 health point and allow us to solo it. Fucking assholes.

To be fair they're prolly all tired and hungover. :P

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    They have lowered the entry barrier and now even a 3-year-old baby can play this game.

Lifesteal, avoidance, cleave. They're adding more interesting stats while they're in the process of removing the stats that started to feel like a bland, annoying minigame to shuffle around and/or were boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodge and Parry, gone!
    Reforging, gone!

[...]

Because hitting a specific cap that never changes was so hard...

They are rolling dodge and parry into gameplay and abilities. Sounds like more dynamic complexity than just hoarding a stat on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedstery View Post
    Special snowflake here I see
    theres no thing as a special snowflake, epics are the highest quality of gear but it drops more than junk now
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Well I'm a heroic raider now so of course I want to be a Mythic raider in 6.0, which is why it bothers me. I wouldn't complain about something that didn't affect me.
    It doesn't affect you greatly. If you can't add find 10 people to add to your progression group you obviously weren't good to begin with. You don't think Paragon had people benched?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    World of Warcraft is a game you play with friends. WoD will remove barriers that stop you from playing with friends and encourage you to make new friends.
    I have no friends I don't like playing with others and I especially don't like being FORCED to play with others.
    Then why are you playing an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post

Random matchmaking is going to feel like a last resort.
    ugh.

Raid Finder is there to let you see the content and story, almost like a Tourist mode.
    Ugh.. Why bother with lfr then? Just give everything 1 health point and allow us to solo it. Fucking assholes.

To be fair they're prolly all tired and hungover. :P
    If you have no friends, why are you playing an MMO? Shouldn't you rather be playing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Widdlez View Post
    Because people didn't just google/use mods/use a website for reforging and stat mix matching in the first place.
    i agree with ya on that. but i kinda liked mixing items and making my gear optimized thinking about what piece would be best for me next (like coining for a piece) sure we can all lookup a BiS list but u still have to progress ur gear in order to get tho those last boss BiS drops.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

The only thing I'm worried about is how the gem and enchanting changes will affect Jewelcrafters and Enchanters. Other than that, I'm really excited to see how this all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Lifesteal, avoidance, cleave. They're adding more interesting stats while they're in the process of removing the stats that started to feel like a bland, annoying minigame to shuffle around and/or were boring.
    Yep combine dodge+parry to become avoidance

and add new stats to most likely min-max

Yep sounds super interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    It doesn't affect you greatly. If you can't add find 10 people to add to your progression group you obviously weren't good to begin with. You don't think Paragon had people benched?
    Super you top 50 US and EU guilds you suck since you can't add 10 people

My god this site is so toxic, bunch of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    My god this site is so toxic, bunch of whiners.
    its like youtube comments at this point...

I wish people would stop listing guilds like Paragon, Method, Envy when they talk about problems of recruiting/downsizing. Those guild have 200 people waiting at the door to join them, however they also make such a small part of raiders in this game it doesn't even matter. What matters is the thousands 10 man guilds who still do heroic, not top of the top, but they still do it, have a challenge and have fun.

Thinking that connected realms will remedy the problem this 20 mythic mode brings, is a pipe dream. I'm on a locked realm right now doing pretty well and we can barely find a new recruit per month, and finding the right one that fits your raid team both personality wise and skill wise is super hard, now finding 10+ of those is like a nightmare. Merging guilds never works out and that's a fact.

Also a fun fact, why are they preaching how they want you to play more with friends, cause playing with them is fun, but at the same time take a big shit down 10s who really mostly consist of friends who have fun, enjoy the game and still do hard content. That's a Paradox right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodge and Parry, gone!
    Reforging, gone!

[...]

Yeah, you know, because no one has EVER gone to a website to tell them what to reforge or how much hit, dodge, parry, crit, or haste they should have. Nope, never. EVERYONE used spreadsheets and calculators to itemize every piece of gear they could use.

/sarcasm off

In other words, no need for askmrrobot.com anymore. That's about it.