Thread: No 5.5

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No 5.5

In the Dev QA, apparently it was stated there would be NO 5.5 patch. We're done with MoP.

I'm a fan of the expansion so far, but is this a big mistake? Unless WoD comes out FAST, there's no way this ends well I don't think

10+ Year Old Account
    We knew there wouldn't be another raid. Doesn't mean we won't have 6.0.1 or whatever it is that is the pre-expansion event. That could honestly happen fairly well before the expansion releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    We knew there wouldn't be another raid. Doesn't mean we won't have 6.0.1 or whatever it is that is the pre-expansion event. That could honestly happen fairly well before the expansion releases.
    Yeah, I knew there would be no raid, but people were thinking of a 5.5 trial of Garrosh patch. Apparently not even that

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm then that almost makes me bump up the release date to like Feb-March,
    I expect a beta soon too. I hope we get a release date today. Do we normally get release dates from Blizzcon? This is my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Hmm then that almost makes me bump up the release date to like Feb-March,
    I expect a beta soon too. I hope we get a release date today. Do we normally get release dates from Blizzcon? This is my first one.
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon

Deleted
    if theres going to be no more content, they better hurry up with WoD or were running into ICC all over again, will be surprised if blizzard allows this to happen a 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if theres going to be no more content, they better hurry up with WoD or were running into ICC all over again, will be surprised if blizzard allows this to happen a 3rd time.
    Definitely. I'm really surprised, they know ICC and DS were bad for players, why would they have that long stretch of no content again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Definitely. I'm really surprised, they know ICC and DS were bad for players, why would they have that long stretch of no content again?
    well, they pumped out content pretty fast in MoP, maybe too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon
    Must be true. I believe I heard that humans and Night Elves wouldn't be getting model updates until an early 6.1 patch or so. This seemed strange to me because they had another 5 months to push more effort into char models. WoD might be coming sooner than I expect. Hmm.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well its a problem now that there is nothing left to do...and wait for Xpac for a year or something like that way to much...hope it releases sooner

Deleted
    i think spring 2014 is when they need to get it out, April preferably.

I'd guess Beta is after or around Christmas (First wave) and then we get the game around MoP's time .... August/September

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    first, considering it keeps happening why are you surprised.

Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.
    #boycottchina

I hope so too, but in all honesty this expansion didn't look even close to being finished. Only a few zones are done, battleground aren't complete, models aren't complete for npcs or players, etc.....

I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion didn't come out until next fall... which would really really suck..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.
    You said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    I hope so too, but in all honesty this expansion didn't look even close to being finished. Only a few zones are done, battleground aren't complete, models aren't complete for npcs or players, etc.....

I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion didn't come out until next fall... which would really really suck..
    I wouldn't go off the models, they're tiering those releases and some of them are coming out in the patches

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think they can (or perhaps are willing to) work hard enough to get it out before summer or fall. Honestly the state of the things they showed so far is... quite rough. They have a ton of work to do still. I don't see how they could possibly be ready for release in April. Not only are the areas and art and models less than halfway done, but most of the questions people asked about story were met with "We don't know yet" or "we haven't thought about it yet".

Frankly given that they moved all the old Wow devs that went to Titan back to WoW almost six months ago, I would have expected this to be further along than it is.

Sadly I do think we will end up with 9-12 months of SoO. The Q4 '13, Q1 '14 and Q2 '14 sub numbers are going to be a bloodbath. They even warned about this in the Q3 earnings - they said not to expect WoW to look good 4th quarter.

I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I have just about exhausted Flex (on two toons, no less) - the only thing I have left to do is farm Garrosh for the heirloom weapons. I could go try to find a guild and run Heroics of the same fights, but I'm not feeling motivated to do that. I feel sure I'll take a break after I get the heirlooms. Unless there's a year pass with the enchanted fae dragon or something I really want attached, I'm sure I'll unsub for awhile.

Deleted

its fucking incredible is what it is! gnomes are so adorable!

even though she looks angry, you still want to just pat it on the head. its like when a new puppy tries biting you when it has no teeth, you should stop it, but you can't help but laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go off the models, they're tiering those releases and some of them are coming out in the patches
    They said they don't know how they plan on doing the models yet.

first, considering it keeps happening why are you surprised.

I think they look adorable and more gnomish. Its all a matter of opinion though, don't go raging around the forums like a crazed monkey because you didn't have the perfect models.