Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is with the fascination Blizzard has with Garrosh?

This chap has appeared in TBC as a minor character, a prominent character in WOTLK, a central character in Cataclysm, the main antagonist of Mists, and is now set to appear once again as one of the primary antagonists of Draenor. Why does he keep coming back? What does Blizzard like so much about Garrosh?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh isn't the main antagonist of WoD. He's just the instigator that sets up the setting. Other characters are the antagonists. They've said it multiple times: Garrosh will not be a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably find his killer voice actor too endearing to lose.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    They probably find his killer voice actor too endearing to lose.
    didnt the same guy also voice the Lich King/Arthas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Other characters are the antagonists.
    Like Grom Hellscream.........which blows a million donkey asses
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    didnt the same guy also voice the Lich King/Arthas?
    http://wowpedia.org/Patrick_Seitz

Also the voice of Cho'gall.

Fitting irony.

They probably like him because he has been written as character which always instantly reacts and is willing to initiate stuff by himself.

And they want to link the story of a expansion with the previous one, so WoD will set up the next expansion, probably legion but that's a different story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-11-09 at 11:07 PM.

Garrosh is the one who keeps the orcs as they were in the old days, fighting everyone to gain more resources. You can't have orc characters like Thrall or Saurfang do what Garrosh does

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is like a flaming bag of shit, and the devs are the children leaving it on peoples doors and knocking.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    A character that was important continues to be important.

Egads.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Garrosh will be the guy that sets the story into motion. He will be the new thrall where we barely see him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Garrosh is the one who keeps the orcs as they were in the old days, fighting everyone to gain more resources. You can't have orc characters like Thrall or Saurfang do what Garrosh does
    You mean lose all the time?

Yeah, thats exactly what he does, he loses, all the time. He lost against varian several times, he lost in the uprising against him, and he's going to lose, again, in this iron horde bullshit, because thats what he does, lose.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's cool to have a major character's actions persist over several expansions. It gives a lot of time for development. I do with they did more with other faction leaders though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Garrosh will be the guy that sets the story into motion. He will be the new thrall where we barely see him
    thats a pretty poor analogy isn't it? Yes, he gets this ball rolling, but its not a good ball, its more a giant crap ball rolling down a mound of crap. And when it hits the group, well, what you expect?
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Garrosh is like a flaming bag of shit, and the devs are the children leaving it on peoples doors and knocking.
    and now they want to pass the bag to Grom Hellscream...............
    Man if this was Metzen's idea........kinda lost some respect there man
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Yeah, thats exactly what he does, he loses, all the time. He lost against varian several times, he lost in the uprising against him, and he's going to lose, again, in this iron horde bullshit, because thats what he does, lose.
    I completely agree, they should have let us kill him in SoO.

Hes just the link between this xpack and the next, don't think he will have to large of a role in this coming xpack. Not entirely sure what they will do with him, other than they once stated that his story will reach a conclusion that is satisfying for us AND him, but was not a redemption story. No idea what could happen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I honestly think Blizzard is trying to build a tighter storyline. I think they wanted to put some conflict in the horde so they had a leadership change and made the leader turn bad. Garrosh was that guy. I think now they've thought of a reason to bring all those old characters from lore back into the game and Garrosh is the way to tie them together. I have no doubts that the reintroduction of Gul'dan is going to tie into Sargaras as well. To be honest I don't mind more Garrosh since it's going to lead to a better story then them coming up with a new land with a new bad guy. Pandaria introduced us to new baddies not from lore (the sha) and they were kinda boring. I'm glad we are getting bad ass old orc characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    and now they want to pass the bag to Grom Hellscream...............
    Man if this was Metzen's idea........kinda lost some respect there man
    they can make garrosh into the evil shit all they want, but if they make Grom into the same kind of asshole his son becomes, without redemption, then far as I'm convinced metzens given up the ship.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion storylines so far have basically been a complete 180 in the other direction after the expansion ended.

BC had nothing to do with WotLK
    WotLK had (almost) nothing to do with Cataclysm
    Cataclysm had a few miniscule scraps to do with MoP

It seems they're actually trying to have expansions BUILD off of one another now, instead of just sending everyone off in the opposite direction.

This expansion will probably end with some big revelation about the Legion, which we then use against them next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

they can make garrosh into the evil shit all they want, but if they make Grom into the same kind of asshole his son becomes, without redemption, then far as I'm convinced metzens given up the ship.
    What if Grom redeems Garrosh...

*whhaaaaa*
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

And regardless of that, he always gets up, to fight another day. This is more inspiring than anything other WoW character ever did. Kinda like Ash from pokemon.

Deleted
    Well he knows how to drive!