Deleted

Exploiting the new loot scaling system based on the number of players

Quote from the front page:
    1. "The new Flex loot model will work similar to how Master Loot does today"
    2. "Loot will scale based on the number of players, giving you a higher chance for another piece of loot the more players you have. This ensures there are no optimal breakpoints that would limit raid size to get more loot."
    3. "Each raid difficulty has its own lockout. They will be loot based lockouts, allowing you to kill the same boss multiple times per week and only get loot once a week."

Possible exploiting scenario:
    Imagine a hardcore top-tier raiding guild. They form a 25-man raid, consisting of 24 alts and 1 main character. They clear the instance, with this 1 main character getting all the loot (which is 5 random items PER boss PER difficulty in 25-man). Next, they form a new raid, consisting of 1 main character, who already got his loot + 23 alts + 1 new main character, and clear the instance again. Repeat these steps for as many times as you have raiders.

If you think top tier guilds won't do that, think again
    Yes, this was possible earlier, but it was way harder, fairly limited, and dependent on the number of your alts. With the new system, you only need maximum 1 alt per raider to pull it off and the rewards are way higher.
    Obviously, I am talking about exploiting this during the first week, when no mythic raids are open yet.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc56b7e8; 2013-11-09 at 10:19 PM.

If you can do mythic on day one you wont have that one week period to farm it with a ton of alts. And If I understood it right the people who are already locked wont increase the loot drops. So they can only do this once with each alt making it exactly the same as it is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brozooka View Post
    If you can do mythic on day one you wont have that one week period to farm it with a ton of alts
    You won't be able to do mythic on day one.
    And If I understood it right the people who are already locked wont increase the loot drops. So they can only do this once with each alt making it exactly the same as it is now.
    Well I sure hope so, but they did not specify it!

Deleted
    Only people who are not saved count towards this. So you'd need 19 alts per raider.
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2013-11-09 at 10:24 PM. Reason: said 24 before. forgot mythic is 20man.

Deleted
    The amount of loot that drops is determined by the number of people who have yet to kill the boss involved in the fight these are also the people who are counted as available to trade said loot......This is a separate calculation to that which determines the bosses hit points etc......doesn't seem like a particularly difficult problem to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by aParadise View Post
    You won't be able to do mythic on day one.
    Says who? They're on a separate lockout so unless they change it from how it is now once you clear normal(6.0 heroic) you can zone into mythic since its a different lockout.

Dont get me wrong it can be changed since they're doing a big overhaul to raiding as we know it but I just haven't seen one yet.
    Last edited by Brozooka; 2013-11-09 at 10:35 PM.

Even if you can do mythic on day one, for the first tier, the gear is probably not going to be good enough from dungeons to get very far. You sort of do need to do normal tuned raids for a week to get those massive upgrades. With that said though, they are changing a lot about gear and stats and gemming so maybe it will be possible.

Deleted
    Says who? They're on a separate lockout so unless they change it from how it is now once you clear normal(6.0 heroic) you can zone into mythic since its a different lockout.

Dont get me wrong it can be changed since they're doing a big overhaul to raiding as we know it but I just haven't seen one yet.
    They've said that they like having current heroic modes available 1 week later than the normal modes, because it allows them to fix any problems that are found during the first week. They'll probably keep the +1 week release for mythic.

There has to be a steady number of a guaranteed 1 loot per 5 players. And having players in between 11-14 16-19 and 21-24 will probably only give you a "chance" to have another piece drop. That makes this loot system shit as it is. No one is going to want to bring any of those numbers if there is a chance that they will have more competition because it's possible for another piece of loot to not drop.

Not going to bring 19 people to a pug when it is possible only 3 loots will drop(and of course the possibility of 4) and having more people to compete with when I can just bring 15 and it will be guaranteed 3 loots will drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    They specifically talked about this scenario. It won't happen.

You're not eligible for loot, you don't impact the amount of loot. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post

End of thread
    Mew!

In before "9+ mandatory alts for all raiders" for top 10 world guilds, so they can funnel gear on week 1 of each tier.

The fact that primary stats on gear will change based on spec just emphasizes this mentality even further.

Oh wait, this is already what happens.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-11-10 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    In before "9+ mandatory alts for all raiders" for top 10 world guilds, so they can funnel gear on week 1 of each tier.

The fact that primary stats on gear will change based on spec just emphasizes this mentality even further.

Oh wait, this is already what happens.
    Primary stats on gear changing based on spec already happens ?? I don't understand you ...
    Mew!

Yep. Seems to be about the case.