Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No vanilla servers, never

"Have you ever thought about adding servers for previous expansions"

"No."

Best news we've had all day

Nope, we're getting vanilla servers on the yak.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why would they.

If you want old servers then play on private or something.

Deleted
    this has been known for ages, blizzards stance has always been a solid No on it.

There are some pretty decent private realms out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed to replace the reforge vendor on the yak.

Part of me is happy they aren't looking back to it, another part of me would like to see peoples' reactions once they find out the "glory days" weren't as glorious as they remembered them to be.

Okay, it was very good for what it was back then, I was mind blown going into it, but Vanilla had some design elements which would be frowned upon by today's standards, like the intentional spec imbalance, no choices whatsoever, tedious grinding for reputation and resistance gear, etc. It was fun back then, but it's not something that'd be enjoyed by the majority today.

Deleted
    What are you talking about, they just confirmed vanilla servers -.-

Deleted
    Now we wait for the inevitable butthurt fanboy to cry havoc and opening up a petition.

*fiddlethumbs*

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So your happy that they arent adding something a lot of people would find enjoyable?

What does that make you as a person.
    Pretty content.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your happy that they arent adding something a lot of people would find enjoyable?

And yeah, they can do whatever, if I want to play it theres a million private servers.
    Devoting unneeded time and resources to something a very, very small chunk of people would find enjoyable for more than 2 months.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy they're not doing that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news! Now vanilla servers are as unlikely as neutral races, pve->pvp transfers, and faction changes!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account

And yeah, they can do whatever, if I want to play it theres a million private servers.
    This, I guess the OPs sad reaction sums up the vanilla haters on these forums quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    This, I guess the OPs sad reaction sums up the vanilla haters on these forums quite well.
    Vanilla isn't "hated."

Vanilla IS done and over with.

Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers say otherwise. But hey! If were going down that path of "logic" I guess pet battles and HC raiding should be removed from the game!
    You have any numbers on how many people use private servers?

Didn't think so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I would be blunt with you, but im trying to limit my infractions.

Private servers say otherwise. But hey! If were going down that path of "logic" I guess pet battles and HC raiding should be removed from the game!
    I'll be very much impressed if there is a single private server out there that can handle the stress of what EU-Draenor/Stormscale/Lightning's Blade gets thrown at them on a daily basis. But this is not the place to discuss that.

Every time someone uses the term "rose tinted glasses" you know you've already won, as that is all they have in that limited repertoire. No use even talking with them, limited capacity for any meaningful dialogue is just not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla no thanks but TBC/WotLK? Yeah, why the hell not. Considering most competitive PvP play is at 3.3.5. They could easily populate a server to full.

Why no Vanilla? Outside of raiding it was pretty much inbalanced, terrible itemization and class system (seriously palas were useless as well as enhance shammies).
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-11-09 at 11:25 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Have you ever thought about adding servers for previous expansions"

"No."

Best news we've had all day
    Because you'd have been forced to play on them, if they were brought online?

Deleted
    Did anyone really still think that Blizzard will offer such servers? I mean...not hoping, but really thinking so? That's kinda naive.

Blizzard's stubbornness on this topic has always perplexed me. Other MMO companies have had success introducing nostalgia servers, and in WoW's case - because old expacs had not only different content but radically different class balance and mechanics - there is a tremendous wealth of untapped potential there. Yet Blizz not only doesn't consider it, they seem to regard it as heresy.

I guess the world of private servers - and all the obviously deluded people with their "rose-colored glasses" that have tricked themselves into thinking they're having fun when they clearly can't be - shall endure for the foreseeable future.