Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    si i agree with this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    They need to remove the 25% bonus from Chakras. All that does is encourage 25-man Holy Priest to use their AoE spells to heal every type of damage.

Anyway, I sincerely would like to see Chakras revamped to something that's more reactive. Make it so that our heals proc a Serenity or Sanctuary 'buff' that would only take effect if the user is in the same Chakra stance as the buff. The Serenity buff could further increase the healing of direct heals by x% for y seconds and redistribute overhealing. The Sanctuary buff could reduce the mana cost of AoE heals by x% for y seconds, while causing each AoE heal to generate a buff stack that boosts the healing of HW: Sanct by z% per stack.
    I could see this as some sort of energy bar, eclipse like. As you have cast enough AoE heals or ST heals (actually we need 2 bars you can fill to 100) you can activate wich one you like and..... well... some magic happens;P

Deleted
    Something else related to WoD (not Chakra really, but related to healing). From today's blue posts:

Active mana regen is possibly a better model than the spirit arms race? More interesting gameplay, possibly, too.
    Spirit is one of (possibly the) most interesting gearing decision though because it is so subjective. (Source)
    Inconsistent design. Other gear adapts to the wearer, but healers have to wait for spirit gear to drop.
    We are treating Spirit as a secondary stat, which does not adapt. Intellect is a healer's primary stat. (Source)
    I agree with him spirit is an interesting stat, and I agree the subjectiveness of it (+fluctuations per fight) depth. But it does look like those of main spec damage dealer such as shadow priests, moonkins, elemental as well as retri and windwalker won't be having ANY spirit on their gear with hit/exp being gone AND with reforging being gone we can't even change to or from it either. The mana regen will be complete crap. Currently discipline needs far less spirit, so that makes discipline easier to have as off spec. I guess it is the death of the hybrid's healing off spec? Note it isn't very relevant in 10 man but I do have to heal Thok 25 myself so.. might be such fights in Mythic WoD too..

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Yeah good job bringing that up Kel.
    That wasn't me... >.>
    This was me:

24 minutes in. That was my question though, Mazi just stole it while I was rehearsing in line trying not to have an anxiety attack. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I think Chakra can still exist but then provide bonuses such as the holy words without the 25% baked in. If they get rid of that then the choice is more meaningful and less penalizing. We can still offer single target healing in blue chakra but we just don't have serenity, not the end of the world, right?
    Inclined to agree, this is actually the best method of keeping Chakra in some form intact in a way the devs can say it's tangible, while still giving ridiculous amounts of flexibility. What you want, what you need between the Holy Words, a Renew refresh on your STDH's, or a shorter Circle cooldown... or fucking Chastise to kill Nazgri-- I mean Chastise for whatever.

Greg's mused on this point over Twitter in the past. And hasn't ruled it out at all. What he has done is simply agree that as it is right now, it's an "idea" that they tried to make work, and they know for a fact it just isn't. They said they're trying some "other things" right now which might work, might not (Inner Fire/Inner Will? ....yawn), or they could "scrap it". What it is at this point remains to be seen, could be Chakra in its entirety and they work with something else to give us, or they could simply just be meaning +25% and leaving the rest as is, with a near-functional toolkit (bar Prayer of Healing, which is a completely different matter altogether).

Greg knows that they need to do something. It's been brought to his attention before, it's something he's acknowledged before. Now he says "You're right, it's not working" and doesn't have the excuse of just bandaid it until expansion time, because quite frankly it is expansion time. Now it's time to wait and see what ideas he has to deliver for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Something else related to WoD (not Chakra really, but related to healing). From today's blue posts:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Active mana regen is possibly a better model than the spirit arms race? More interesting gameplay, possibly, too.
    • Spirit is one of (possibly the) most interesting gearing decision though because it is so subjective. (Source)
    • Inconsistent design. Other gear adapts to the wearer, but healers have to wait for spirit gear to drop.
    • We are treating Spirit as a secondary stat, which does not adapt. Intellect is a healer's primary stat. (Source)
    I agree with him spirit is an interesting stat, and I agree the subjectiveness of it (+fluctuations per fight) depth. But it does look like those of main spec damage dealer such as shadow priests, moonkins, elemental as well as retri and windwalker won't be having ANY spirit on their gear with hit/exp being gone AND with reforging being gone we can't even change to or from it either. The mana regen will be complete crap. Currently discipline needs far less spirit, so that makes discipline easier to have as off spec. I guess it is the death of the hybrid's healing off spec? Note it isn't very relevant in 10 man but I do have to heal Thok 25 myself so.. might be such fights in Mythic WoD too..
    Personally of the opinion that the 5-second rule as a mechanic was a lot more fun and interesting than spirit as a stat on gear ever could be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I was trying to rethink my gripe with Chakra the other day, and it think it boils down to just not fitting the demands of healing in the current (or any ever) environment. What we have amounts to a dedicated single target healing mode and a dedicated AoE-ing mode. If your only healing tanks, then being in Serenity isn't as much of a problem as being limited to AoE heals while raid healing. Sustained raid wide damage isn't something that happens constantly, and certainly not in 30 second intervals. So a raid healer spends a lot of time "spot" healing, using spells that are excluded completely from the benefits of being in Sanctuary. With Serendipity, we're supposed to benefit from casting those spells, such that it gives us a leg-up when we do have to drop an AoE bomb, but instead we have to use a less effective spell just because Chakra limits us in ways that don't jive with how healers play. Even the little innate synergy we have between our abilities is quashed by Chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Personally of the opinion that the 5-second rule as a mechanic was a lot more fun and interesting than spirit as a stat on gear ever could be.
    Entirely this. I liked healing when it was as much about when you healed as what button you pressed. Burning Earring on a Holy Concentration proc and chaining it with Inner Focus (back when Holy could get it ) for a huge mana return felt awesome. Timing Greaters with boss swings to get the most from my mana instead of spam felt awesome. I'd be ecstatic if they reintroduced the 5-second-rule as a Holy-only mechanic; it's not like we aren't the most spirit dependent healer already.

They should do to Spirit what they said they would do for Armor: put it primarily on Rings, Necklaces, and Trinkets. As a result, raise everyone's natural mana regeneration to compensate. That way, you still have the interesting gearing decision ("do I want a throughput trinket or a longevity trinket?"), but they don't ruin the elegant gear solution that they've created for the other slots.
    Last edited by Sahjar; 2013-11-20 at 02:41 PM.

I think they have to scrap spirit from armor (legs, head, gloves, chest, bracers) if they are to keep the principle of making gear more useable.

I mean, the entire point of merging primary stats was so that they could allow the paladin healer to pick up strength plate, and still get benefits as if that strength was intellect.
    Likewise, they removed the dodge, parry, hit and expertise stats from armor, so that the armor is useable for every spec. They made haste ratings more fluctuant so there is no more caps (if I understood it correctly), which also allowed them to remove reforging.

Keeping spirit around doesn't make sense in that aspect, now does it?
    They merged all the paladin gear so that every plate wielder can wear every plate item. Sure, there's gear that is more optimal than other gear, but every spec can wear every armor item and still feel like they didn't waste itemization.

And then they have to break that wonderful setup by introducing spirit plate that only holy paladins can wear.
    No, I don't think they will do that. I could be wrong, but it would be... retarded.

Spirit on cloak/rings/trinket - yeah that makes sense. Less spirit dependency, while still having the option of choosing between extra regen or throughput. I like that.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are planning on scrapping spirit form armor pieces, which scares me as a holy priest. If they don't remove it, there was almost no point in announcing "no more int plate", since there would be spirit plate, which is the same damn thing...

I'm still a personal fan of my "Chakra" suggestion, which is make it enhances secondary stats and not direct spell-type throughput. It's not perfect, but if they are so so set on this whole "mode A, then mode B", affecting secondary's doesn't screw you when casting Greater Heal in Yellow chakra, it just plays slightly different (Yellow may be +10% haste vs blue +10% mastery, so you are still healing nearly exactly the same, but you can choose on the fly for faster heals or bigger hots or crits, etc.) It still rewards good play, but doesn't penalize out-of-chakra type casting that we have today.

I really hope they revamp Priest regen mechanics (and regen in general). Like Kel said, Spirit isn't really a fun "mechanic" or an interesting decision. 5 second rule was, but we can't go back to that at all... I hate that my regen depends on an active target to hit, and that isn't always possible (add phase where targets don't last long enough, immune phase, etc.)

Spirit is getting removed from every single armor piece, the only items with spirit are accessories (neck,rings,cloak,trinkets) and weapons which are the only slots that remain role/spec specific. In return spirit in these slots will either be greatly increased or the benefit you get from 1 point of spirit will be vastly increased to counter the removal of spirit from armor pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost hope not, because this is completely against their philosophy, where there are "interesting drops every kill". Healers would have no interesting drops, except spirit, which we'd be foaming at the mouth for. It's not like crit for dps, where, "oh, I play Fire, which needs lots of crit but mastery/haste is all that's dropping, I guess I can go Arcane for now or play fire slightly sub-optimal", it's "Oh, I have no sprit, I'm oom... this is no fun."

At least today, I can roll on mastery/crit or w/e gear and reforge/move gems around to get my spirit to where it's comfortable. Can't next expo so far...

I almost hope not, because this is completely against their philosophy, where there are "interesting drops every kill". Healers would have no interesting drops, except spirit, which we'd be foaming at the mouth for. It's not like crit for dps, where, "oh, I play Fire, which needs lots of crit but mastery/haste is all that's dropping, I guess I can go Arcane for now or play fire slightly sub-optimal", it's "Oh, I have no sprit, I'm oom... this is no fun."

At least today, I can roll on mastery/crit or w/e gear and reforge/move gems around to get my spirit to where it's comfortable. Can't next expo so far...
    Actually, I think it might increase interesting decisions for healers. Even if we end up wanting so much Spirit that we wear it in every slot we can as a matter of course, it still leaves some options, because there's a bunch of slots where we simply CAN'T wear Spirit. In those slots, we'll basically be making the same decisions (and rolling on the same gear) as DPS. And we can probably assume that we won't need Spirit in every slot, which means we might end up making some interesting decisions between say, a higher ilvl DPS weapon vs. a lower ilvl Spirit weapon.

Losing reforging does remove some flexibility, but we get the ability to wear our gear with fewer modifications (it was getting to the point on my Monk where I dreaded getting an upgrade, or even doing a VP upgrade, because it meant completely replacing all my gems and reforgings, thanks to RoRo balancing).

Dunno why they think spirit is an "interesting" stats

isnt it just same as hit/exp?? get spirit to X amount you are comfortable with??

should just get rid of spirit i really like healing early expansion but dislike healing end tier (never goes oom)

OT: i dont play holy much (except malkrok), would be nice if they just got rid of cd from chakra (then again why even have it zzz)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-11-21 at 06:16 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

From what I understand, Spirit increases maximum mana in WoD for Healers. Solves the problem of hybrid heals..I think.

Most of what's being said here I'm interpreting as, "when we're in the chakra that boosts certain spells, we only cast those spells." Why the self imposed limitation? If you need to cast something and you're in the wrong chakra, simply cast whatever it is that you need to cast. I can provide some made up numerical examples of how this affects your total hps, your total contribution to the raid, and the "penalties" for doing it wrong.

I'll also defensive maneuver the haters in advance by saying my post history has always been in favor of lessening the percentage healing done gap between stances. I was throwing a fit when chakra got a band aid from 15% to 25% earlier this expansion because "output in general was too low". I've also always wanted a shorter chakra cooldown. I've always wanted the holy word spells to be more integral and proposed numerous solutions to make them important. I've also always wanted red chakra to be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Answering the two quotes:
    - Every other healer is definitely not at 100% and flexible to cast spells as they please. Play a druid/monk if you want to truly see the most bizarre ways to keep raids alive during serious aoe. Paladins, discs, and shaman have some serious limitations for doing the kind of sustained aoe or flexible spell choice casting, comparitively speaking. Really, holy priests are the most flexible healer in terms of what they can do at any time. Their only limitations are a % from being in the wrong chakra, your mana pool (because serendipity can always net more healing), and ultility (like interrupts or absorbs). Also, just because I'm in blue chakra in a 25 mans, that doesn't mean completely neglect all tank healing. I'm not contributing the biggest percentage bulk of healing on the tanks, but to completely ignore them would be silly. I'm also using quite a lot more than 4 spells, the more frequent being PoM, 90 talent, CoH, PoH, Flash, Renew, Holy Fire, and many more situational abilities. Your play may vary.

-I don't speak for all, but when progressing or learning fights, holy is a better starter spec than disc unless the reduced damage cd's are absolutely critical for some sort of team rotation. Few reasons:
    • You're not downing heroic bosses on your first few attempts. When you're doing these attempts, shorter fights = you can spend more mana. Holy can dump mana for more healing better than a disc. Also, your fellow raiders will be screwing up and in need of fast, reactive healing. Disc is still really bad at recovery.
    • Another reason to pick a holy is the mobility. Frankly, you can move around a lot and still blast away powerful spells. In disc, you can blast out lots of powerful single target shields, but they're not heals; pad with light atonement heals? You only have to be pillared in place to build evangelism stacks, and shields/atonement aren't actually healing volumes reactively, but you can catch people before it happens! But it's kinda mana costly, and you really need to stand still for big damage with spirit shelling, and archangel, and...
    • Also, holy heals people when they're spread out. Atonement spam doesn't cut it for disc in all situations. People dipping in and out of PoH range doesn't screw up holy as much as disc. Divine hymn is the best button for healing random spread damage.
    • Don't forget that when doing actual encounters (not lfr), the healers are a team. And it's a lot easier for your other healers to see people slowly going up due to hots or having health restored by triage. There is some confusion with shields unless your co-healers turned on something to show them in their raid frames (they didn't), and people randomly drop after a shield pops and it can catch everyone by surprise.
    • Lolwell and healspamming after death. Not game breaking, but not negligible.

Not fully comprehensive, and there's a time for doing fights as disc first no question. But don't write off holy because the FotM'ers and the meter whores are playing disc...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    isnt it just same as hit/exp?? get spirit to X amount you are comfortable with??
    Is this supposed to be bait or are you drunk?

While arguably one of the most important stats for healers (referencing the crit > spirit for disc discussion here), finishing an encounter with anything more than 0 mana is effectively the same as being over hit cap. Its worthless spirit/mana thats better spent on other secondary stats for throughput. Hence the balancing act between having enough spirit to heal the duration and enough throughput to prevent unnecessary deaths.

IMO spirit is far more interesting the crit, mastery, hit and haste as most of the time stats are simply 'dump as much as possible in here until x, overflow goes in here' to provide a static increase to throughput. Spirit seems to be the only stat where the amount is personal, however the lower you can afford grants a benefit to throughput. Its more a scale than an enforced point, and therefore probably the only dynamic stat for healers (or even all classes?)?

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    don't write off holy because the FotM'ers and the meter whores are playing disc...
    Completely agree with you. Disc is overly powerful in certain situations while in others I feel like my accelerator is broken and I can't output enough healing. This is holy's absolute advantage, pure throughput in demanding situations.

Chakra does feel clunky as fuck but we'll never have them removed and retain the abilities from all (or even some) of the them as we'd be stupidly powerful. I don't mind holy's flexibility, certainly it doesn't feel very well implemented and could be done better however I don't refuse to play the spec because of Chakra so how bad can it be? We have some damn strong aoe and single target healing as holy, the cost of which is something that doesn't quite feel right? I can live with that.
    Last edited by appro; 2013-11-21 at 09:40 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Spirit is getting removed from every single armor piece, the only items with spirit are accessories (neck,rings,cloak,trinkets) and weapons which are the only slots that remain role/spec specific. In return spirit in these slots will either be greatly increased or the benefit you get from 1 point of spirit will be vastly increased to counter the removal of spirit from armor pieces.
    If that results in Holy Priests having to waste the only remaining gem slots on spirit while other healers can pickup REAL stats then I will puke into a WoW Battlechest box and mail it to Blizzard with a note that says "Put this in your effing gem slots!".

- - - Updated - - -

should just get rid of spirit i really like healing early expansion but dislike healing end tier (never goes oom)

OT: i dont play holy much (except malkrok), would be nice if they just got rid of cd from chakra (then again why even have it zzz)
    I agree with you that Spirit is uninteresting. I would much rather have real secondary stats that also interact with regen rather than a single regen stat. Like crit does today for Mistweaver regen. They could have Haste also improve regen. I hate the unique healer stat, especially when holy priests are gimped into stacking it. That's not my choice, I have to do it to play my spec. Not interesting.

Rather than getting rid of the CD for Chakra, we should be able to have 2 active at a time. Then they could even introduce a fourth Chakra again, a mobility Chakra or maybe a utility Chakra.

Deleted
    Since you were answering to one of my quotes twistedmynd, here's mine. I agree with you that Holy's main limitation is from Chakra + mana pools, and that people shouldn't be quick to write off Holy as in the hands of a good player it can be very good.

My reply to you was that I just don't agree with you that Holy would have unlimited flexibility without Chakra, making the spec boring and linear without having to change stances. Of course this would depend on how they fixed Chakra (if at all), but at the moment to me Chakra dancing is a bit frustrating and not fun at all. There was no hating intended at all in my post, I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Maybe it's just me, but I liked Holy before they introduced Chakra and where everyone had niches and had to time when their heals would land etc, it made you cooperate with other healers a lot more compared to now, where it's pretty much who can snipe the fastest regardless of dmg type.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    - Every other healer is definitely not at 100% and flexible to cast spells as they please. Play a druid/monk if you want to truly see the most bizarre ways to keep raids alive during serious aoe. Paladins, discs, and shaman have some serious limitations for doing the kind of sustained aoe or flexible spell choice casting, comparitively speaking. Really, holy priests are the most flexible healer in terms of what they can do at any time. Their only limitations are a % from being in the wrong chakra, your mana pool (because serendipity can always net more healing), and ultility (like interrupts or absorbs).
    Do you just mean Holy has better/bigger aoe heals and have more spells? I can agree with the latter, the former really depends on the fight damage pattern. Most of the encounters this tier involve tank dmg + random spot healing then sudden burst then back again for example, Holy isn't the best with this type of dmg pattern if you compare to what others have in their toolkits to deal with it. Then those rare fights which have a phase with sustained aoe damage, you're stacked anyway so it doesn't hinder those healers who have short range aoe. I mean sure we have the potential to be great and are good still currently, but if encounters' dmg patterns, chakra, smart heals, absorbs stay as is, we'll never get to show how good we could be. Here's hoping those things will change! I mean they have addressed at least smart heals and vaguely about Chakra.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2013-11-21 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    What was interesting about MP5?

Spirit is quite different from caster hit cap...

Caster hit cap is a static, hard cap. You hit a certain amount and anything you hit after that is completely wasted. If they remove our ability to customize our gear (gem, enchant, reforge) hit becomes a lot harder to manage. There are very few exceptions to getting hit cap but they do exist. In MoP start I remember particularly warlocks not running around with hit cap. But again, rare, and on fights where you absolutely must burst stuff (sparks on Elegon 10 heroic for example) it can bite you in the ass. In practice, a caster doesn't "get comfortable with a % hit cap" since it boils down to getting hit capped.

Melee hit (and expertise) have one hard and one soft cap (sometimes two). I don't play any melee DPS such as fury warrior, windwalker monk, or frost DK so I'm not really into the details here so correct me if I'm wrong its the OH and white swings which are affected by the soft caps. Regardless of the details what matters is hit remains a useful stat for these classes.

In short whether its by design or not caster hit is a hard cap. This is already cumbersome and not fun, and more so without user customization because you won't be able to get rid of your completely useless stat or you won't be able to reach the stat which guarantees your spells will do damage. This is a problem casters are currently experiencing in 5.4: its hard to stay under the hit cap due to hit being a static, hard cap and the ample amount of gear with hit on it as well as other factors such as the amp trinket, expertise stat weight.

The hit/exp soft caps are more akin to spirit. As are haste breakpoints, but these are static and not always interesting stats (differs per class and spec). The haste breakpoints achievable differ per major content patch. In 5.0 shadow went for 8085 and 10124 whereas in 5.4 shadow goes for 14873 and 18215 slightly less if you are goblin. While the relevance of the breakpoints differs they're still in the end static breakpoints and this is where they very much differ from spirit.

Spirit is a dynamic, soft cap, and these 2 characteristics lead to it being one of the most interesting stat weights in the game. There is no amount of correct spirit (there are amounts of incorrect spirit though). It depends per spec, role, fight and till some extend (but an overrated excuse and virtually the same as "role") personal preference. Ideally, you want to be OOM exactly when the boss is dead. If you are not OOM you are overgearing the encounter or running with too much spirit. If that is the case it is almost always better to go for more throughput although ending the fight with 5% mana left poses much less of a problem than 50%. Conversely if you are OOM and find yourself unable to heal due to this and this healing is required you need to get more spirit (or get more gear in general), do less overhealing (play better as a healing team), or your co raiders need to stand less in the shit (raid following the encounter mechanics, play better), or your tactic is wrong (top guilds architect the tactics the rest uses so this is more likely to happen there). Its usually #2 and #3 ie. play better; not getting more spirit. More spirit would also cause you to have less throughput which doesn't help when you're playing badly. More gear (#1) always helps, but isn't feasible on the short term.

Now to address:

Obviously means you are running with too much spirit and should forge it away and not receive the items with spirit by default. The Thok ring, for example, is amazing for every healer while all those rings with spirit on them aren't interesting for anyone. Casters don't want them cause they get over hit cap and healers don't need the extra spirit since they won't get OOM on the end of the fight. In such a context spirit becomes a throughput stat for the healer though. Where the caster DPS will get nothing out of the extra spirit, the healer could perhaps use it for throughput on a certain fight. You can read more about spirit and mana mangement in Hamlet's Healing Theory Part 3.

So from how I see it, gear drops with different stats will be more relevant once again. We will be having different gear sets for different encounters. On some encounters you'll have a spirit mace equipped, on others you don't.

The other reason gear drops will remain interesting is because of tertiary stats. Stuff like multistrike is going to be unique like Thunderforged and Warforged. This will mud things like BiS lists, or keep these interesting depending on your perspective.

My worry is as follows:

Disc needs traditionally less regen (spirit) than holy. Spirit is apparently gone from almost all the gear and everything with spirit on it will go to the healers. I doubt my off spec will be useful in Mythic 20 man anything more than it currently is currently in 25 man heroic but anything which gives me a quicker queue in start goes for me. Does this mean I, and many others with me, will be running yet another expansion with a disc off spec? Would I be running around with spirit blues or the epics I use for shadow? Its difficult to answer these questions as of now.

As a final thought turning mastery into spirit would solve the issue entirely but that breaks core mechanics classes have had for ages (echo of light for example).

The option to keep allowing healers to reforge spirit (and only that) would also be viable.

The ideal solution, when it comes to the Spirit discussion, in my opinion relies on Blizzard truly treating it like a secondary stat.

For this to happen, all healers need their baseline regeneration to scale in such a way that we have a "comfortable" amount of mana return, given good play (smart spell casting and choices; good use of activated regeneration mechanics) and good execution (not standing in fire). They can't assume perfect play and execution, but giving enough mana-over-the-encounter that a non-spirit geared healer can still make up for the occasional mishap is key.

Then, being the healer that itemizes for Spirit has to be as interesting as being the one that chooses all Haste or all Mastery. For this to work, one point of Spirit needs to be more potent than it currently is; it needs to give us more regeneration than it does now (even given the stat-squish). Obviously the value of more regeneration changes based on your spell choices and how "perfect" your play and your group's execution is, but Haste and Mastery are better suited for different encounters and different roles, so I'm not sure that Spirit can't be treated similarly. Being the last-healer-standing (with mana) or the-guy-that-can-fix-screw-ups has to be a relevant and valuable strategic decision when compared to the-guy-that-casts-fast and the-guy-that-has-more-bigger-heals.

The biggest difficulty, if I had to guess, will be trying to keep the value of all secondary stats essentially the same among the different healing specializations.
    Last edited by Sahjar; 2013-11-23 at 04:38 PM.